NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

That was an incredible episode.

I like how the Stark sisters are being taught different ways to survive in the real world. Sansa being tutored by a conniving liar who gets on in the world via deception, and Arya being taught the physical way to survive. The Starks could rise again via their tutoring.

but who am i kidding, at this rate they'll end up being killed by falling tree or something.

DAT ENDING THOUGH!!!:blank:

Just watched the latest

Aww, and just when I liked him. Didn't fully see that scene. Had my hand covering the worst of it.

And yeah, Arya's laugher was the highlight. They spent, what, three seasons worth of time getting there?

The next episode is the second to last right? Oh god.

This. Same reaction

that was fuucking graphic!!

2dt6sld.png

Never stood a chance did he

6i5ovk.png

Had read this book so thought it was a shame how a great character Oberyn was turning out to be on screen (credit to the actor) - but it was worth it for that scene. Amazing!

So much great stuff this episode. Digging the Sansa Balish storyline - I totally underrated the actor who plays Sansa, she's been great this season. I'm still irked by Balish's strange accent.

Hope it isn't the end of this storyline. I remember texting my friend (Federer, for the Xpert fans) when I got to that bit in the book.

Daenerys-and-Jorah-house-targaryen-29388390-482-487.jpg

Should I read the books first or watch the show? What do you think?

Going to throw out a vote for watching. Generally would opt for books to adaptations but I think in this case the general level of production, combined with the quality all across the cast, adds another level on top of the books. I've enjoyed watching it fresh more than when I've read the books (this season's I'd read the book of). Jealous you have so much great TV to watch here!

I'm still irked by Balish's strange accent.

His accent seems to become more and more Irish as the show goes on. In season 1 there wasn't a trace of his Irish accent. Now it's heavily permeating his "Petyr Baelish" accent.

One of the most brutal things I've seen on TV. Superb.

I'd put it out as read the books first, then watch the TV series. Not only will you have more of a background on the characters, it's more enjoyable. That's what i've done, and seeing what i've read come to life is certainly interesting to see.

My thoughts on the latest episode. Damn, that was brutal.

His accent seems to become more and more Irish as the show goes on. In season 1 there wasn't a trace of his Irish accent. Now it's heavily permeating his "Petyr Baelish" accent.

I thought this, at the start of the season. So Irish now. Which part of the GoT World Map is Ireland, exactly? :p

Which part of the GoT World Map is Ireland, exactly? :p

Iron Islands: to the West of the mainland, and populated by rebellious, thuggish barbarians who value violence and strength over intelligence and sophistication.

*ducks*

I thought it was supposed to be Welsh!

I see what you did there...

I actually have no idea what you mean, but if I inadvertently did a pun, then it was clever and I meant it.

I actually have no idea what you mean, but if I inadvertently did a pun, then it was clever and I meant it.

Littlefinger's homeland is miniscule, unimportant, and only has one thing of note: sheep.

Ah yes, very clever. That's exactly what I meant, i was just....testing.

"...and then to add salt on a womb..."

Wow.

This show really does highlight how many people can't follow/comprehend anything without the simple, formulaic approach of good versus bad, right versus wrong.

People should try reading the books. Things are even more complex. And the characters are younger as well. Don't like Robb Stark dying? Well he's only 15 years old. Don't like Sansa's marriage/paedo relationship with Littlefinger? Well she's only 13.

Edited by MoogleViper
Automerged Doublepost

Don't like Sansa's marriage/paedo relationship with Littlefinger? Well she's only 13.

We've known she was only 13 since the first season...

They even made a point about her having her first period before deciding to marry her to Joffrey.

We've known she was only 13 since the first season...

They even made a point about her having her first period before deciding to marry her to Joffrey.

The current events are 2 years after the start of the series. She's 15 now in the TV series.

At the start of the books she was 11.

The current events are 2 years after the start of the series. She's 15 now in the TV series.

At the start of the books she was 11.

My point is that it was made clear that she was young early on in the show, regardless of her current age in relation to how much time has passed in the series/books. So pointing out her age to viewers isn't going to shock them because it's something they should already know by now.

But anyway, I also agree with the idea that a show doesn't need to have a binary good-versus-evil trope to be good, but I can still understand the perspective behind people who do think that way. I reckon it's more an issue of taste than saying "this show doesn't work without having proper people to root for" (as exhibited here).

My point is that it was made clear that she was young early on in the show, regardless of her current age in relation to how much time has passed in the series/books. So pointing out her age to viewers isn't going to shock them because it's something they should already know by now.

But there's a huge difference between a relationship with a 15 year old (played by a tall 17/18 year old actor) and a relationship with a 13 year old.

People should try reading the books. Things are even more complex. And the characters are younger as well. Don't like Robb Stark dying? Well he's only 15 years old. Don't like Sansa's marriage/paedo relationship with Littlefinger? Well she's only 13.

That only makes these events even worse!

(Worse still, when we read the books, we see that Robb had a tangible, working plan to take back the North after the wedding. That was pure salt on the wound)

But yeah, stuff like Tyrion being more of a clear-cut good guy helps enforce this good-vs-bad formula.