NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Well, well.

The whole Joffery death scene, it was a well done scene and played out well. It's a shame we probably won't see Jack Gleeson anymore. He's a fine actor. The thing that puzzles me though, it was more obvious in the episode there was poison going around (and whom delivered it to the chalice) as it's been said. I originally thought in the book the pie caused his death, but alas as we know in later parts there was no pie in his throat as per Tyrions plea.

I don't think it was THAT obvious.

A lot of people had their hands on the cup of wine and as it wasn't expected for most viewers, they didn't think that much about it. My girlfriend was, at least, quite confused and didn't see that The Queen of Thorns had the cup just before he died.

It was pointing out the obvious, though, that he took a sip when Sansa/Tyrion gave him the wine and didn't die from that. It was both cleverly done and a bit too obvious.

Also, I didn't see an emerald missing in Sansa's necklace after Lady Olynne had spoken to her.

I also think it was a bit abrupt and it gives more reason to her betrayal which won't come much as a shock now, I guess. But it seemed a bit like that in Season 3 as well. I think that is a shame as the shock was quite good, and then Tyrion killing her was even more shocking. It won't be that shocking in the show now, I believe.

Edited by MindFreak

Jesus christ people. Spoilers go in spoiler tags. If it's book spoilers make sure you write that explicitly in the title of the spoiler tag!

If you wanted to be really helpful when you're posting about both book and TV spoilers put them in different tags so those of us who haven't read the books can still talk about the TV episodes.

Argh, sorry! Hopefully you saw that it was a quote of Jimbob's post and didn't read on.

In regards to ep 2

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

ah heck that deserves more than a gif....we need a video for this moment

In regards to ep 2

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

ah heck that deserves more than a gif....we need a video for this moment

I see you took account of said gif, well done sir. Well done.

double spoiler, relating to book 1/series1 and then second spoiler is up to DWD

If you've still opened this you are a fool, but i've double spoilered so only the below which is from stuff in GOT (aka season 1) is visible to those fools

R+L=J

So Its pretty much certain now from the books that Jon Snow is Raegar Targaryon and Lyanna Starks Son, and some of the book hints were in the first series, and i suspect we'll keep getting the other discussion and things mentioned that add to the theory (born under certain circumstances etc)

T=T

But recently a theory has been put forward and i have to say its one i've bought into that Tyrion may be Aegon's son and also by a Targaryon, now the upcoming storylines in the show will surely help to illustrate this since the shows following a chronological events order rather than the books jumping around order of telling events from a different perspective

Does anyone else buy into the theories?

I'll shamelessly quote from a fire and ice wiki for those who haven't picked up on the hints

John Snow parentage summaries

Tyrion as a Targaryon

What are people's thoughts on these?

(remember spoilers certainly about 2nd theory but 1st is only book one really and if people didn't see the hints a push might open their eyes)

If you've still opened this you are a fool, but i've double spoilered so only the below which is from stuff in GOT (aka season 1) is visible to those fools

R+L=J

So Its pretty much certain now from the books that Jon Snow is Raegar Targaryon and Lyanna Starks Son, and some of the book hints were in the first series, and i suspect we'll keep getting the other discussion and things mentioned that add to the theory (born under certain circumstances etc)

T=T

But recently a theory has been put forward and i have to say its one i've bought into that Tyrion may be Aegon's son and also by a Targaryon, now the upcoming storylines in the show will surely help to illustrate this since the shows following a chronological events order rather than the books jumping around order of telling events from a different perspective

I'll shamelessly quote from a fire and ice wiki for those who haven't picked up on the hints

Tyrion as a Targaryon

What are people's thoughts on these?)

It's not at all certain that R+L=J.

In fact, it's almost certain that Wylla is Jon's mother. Ned says it to Robert, and Lord Edric Dayne says it to Arya.

This also fits in with the rumours that Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother (as Wylla was the milk-nurse working for Ashara Dayne).

R+L=J

T=T

Tyrion as a Targaryon

(remember spoilers certainly about 2nd theory but 1st is only book one really and if people didn't see the hints a push might open their eyes)

It's not at all certain that R+L=J.

In fact, it's almost certain that Wylla is Jon's mother. Ned says it to Robert, and Lord Edric Dayne says it to Arya.

This also fits in with the rumours that Ashara Dayne is Jon's mother (as Wylla was the milk-nurse working for Ashara Dayne).

I am 90% certain that R+L=J is true. I'm basically treating it as canon now.

Think about it, Ned finds Lyanna dying in a "bed of blood" almost a year after she was "abducted". Ned comes back with Jon Snow. Promise Me Ned. There are loads of other small hints dropped throughout the books.

@MoogleViper, Ned Dayne said that Wylla was Jon Snow's wet nurse, not his mother. Ned said Wylla was the mother to Robert, but I believe he was lying.

There is something mysterious about Ashara Dayne though. I reckon she has something to do with Young Griff / Aegon. She may well be Septa Lemore, though this is a bit of a crackpot theory.

One of the less popular theories I do subscribe to is T=T actually. Aerys raped Tywin's wife and she gave birth to Tyrion. Not only do I reckon Tyrion is a Targaryen, but that him, Jon and Dany are the "three heads of the dragon" and that Jon is Azor Ahai. There's a few reasons why I think this - but I won't go into them unless you want me to.

@MoogleViper, Ned Dayne said that Wylla was Jon Snow's wet nurse, not his mother. Ned said Wylla was the mother to Robert, but I believe he was lying.

No, he said she was Ned's wet-nure, and Jon's mother.

“He is my milk brother.”

“Brother?” Arya did not understand. “But you’re from Dorne. How could you and Jon be

blood?”

“Milk brothers. Not blood. My lady mother had no milk when I was little, so Wylla had to

nurse me.”

Arya was lost. “Who’s Wylla?”

“Jon Snow’s mother. He never told you? She’s served us for years and years. Since before I

was born.”

“Jon never knew his mother. Not even her name.” Arya gave Ned a wary look. “You know her?

Truly?” Is he making mock of me? “if you lie I’ll punch your face.”

“Wylla was my wetnurse,” he repeated solemnly. “I swear it on the honor of my House.”

No, he said she was Ned's wet-nure, and Jon's mother.

Ah you're right, my mistake. Still don't believe she's his mother though.

A Feast For Crows and A Dance With Dragons are essentially one large book split in two. All the Bran POV chapters are in ADWD, but occur simultaneously with the events from AFFC.

They have started using some material from AFFC and ADWD in the show now.

I don't believe for one second that Shae got on that ship. Or maybe she got on the ship and came back. Whatever happened, I fully expect to see Shae at the trial and later on in Tywin's bed.

It is a bit strange how they changed Shae's character in the show. She was never whiny and irrational in the books. And Tyrion was always obsessed by her. Do you reckon the show writers are trying to spin it so that the reason Shae confesses is because she's pissed off at Tyrion? If so, that would be a change I would really disagree with.

The actor who played Ilyn Payne, Wilko Johnson, has terminal cancer. :( The change was forced upon the writers.

I actually strongly approve of using Bronn as a replacement. Bronn is fantastic in the show and we need more scenes with him. Book Bronn doesn't appear very much from this point on, so keeping him with Jaime is a novel way of getting more mileage out of the character.

I agree, the whole "you're a whore" dialogue seemed completely out of character.

The tragedy with Shae in the books is, from Tyrion's point of view, Shae is completely devoted to Tyrion. They never had arguments and Shae never got bitter about him marrying Sansa. Tyrion worries about her safety and getting found out but that's about it really. It makes Shae's betrayal that much more tragic in Tyrion's eyes.

That said, they need to remind the audience that Tyrion isn't a bonafide 100% good guy. There has always been a bit of a mean streak in him.

Surely Tyrion was forcing himself to say those things, without actually meaning it, to try and finally convince her to leave the city?

R+L=J

I had never heard of either of those before although I had kinda suspected something along those lines (R+L=J). Hadn't pieced it together myself though. T=T seems a little farfetched but definitely not impossible.

All the chat about Jon in general surprised me. When I read the last book I took him as gonzo, but nobody else seems to be so sure...

"3 Headed Dragon" -> Dany, Jon & Tyrion? By the theory, all three killed their mother during childbirth, are linked by Fire (Jon burning himself while killing the wight, Tyrion and the wildfire) and are three of the most well liked. Fanciful I think.

T=T

Tyrion as a Targaryon

HOLY SHIT!

That last scene!!

That's not in the books!

Was that....?

The Night's King?!

This raises so many questions!

I can't believe the show is going past the current books! I'm simultaneously scared and excited.

Great episode.

For some reason, I thought that Ramsay was played by Burn Gorman.

Which made this episode very confusing.

HOLY SHIT!

That last scene!!

That's not in the books!

Was that....?

The Night's King?!

This raises so many questions!

I can't believe the show is going past the current books! I'm simultaneously scared and excited.

Great episode.

Only read this if you absolutely want to know:

http://bit.ly/1klkM5p

Hmm, there was quite a lot of stuff not in the books in this episode. Not sure if I liked it...

So, Baelish killed the old hand of the king and suggested the Lannisters did it to get Ned there so he can discover that Joffrey isn't the kings son, framed Tyrion for trying to kill Bran so they'd capture him and pretty much set everything up to start the war.

I suppose the main thing he didn't expect was the Red Wedding, as he likely wanted Catelyn alive.

I found it very odd that Jon Snow and the knights watch mentioned that it was a new moon, and that they shouldn't go near that hut because there were supposedly hounds that would smell them and alert the others.

And what do they do? Well,they charge in single file while screaming. Does Jon Snow know nothing about tactics or stealth?