NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Just watched s04e01 at a pre-screening yesterday. It's really good, follows the book nicely.

Not sure whether to watch this from the beginning, or do my usual thing of waiting for the end of the season, so I can watch them all at my leisure.

I haven't seen all of it yet, looks like it will be very time consuming, but what I have read/seen was awesome. I've watched season one and Natalie Dormer being in it makes me really excited: she's a lovely actress. The cast are awesome and the scenery is just beautiful.

Oh, one thing: They replaced the actor for Daario Neharis. That threw me off for a bit.

Finished reading Storm of Swords last week. This Season is gonna be good.

Can't wait to see what they do with Oberyn Martell. I'll be surprised if he isn't introduced in the first episode.

Oh, one thing: They replaced the actor for Daario Neharis. That threw me off for a bit.

I thought the casting for Daario Neharis was a bit shit. Not at all how I'd pictured him from the books.

Hopefully the new one is better.

I thought the casting for Daario Neharis was a bit shit. Not at all how I'd pictured him from the books.

Hopefully the new one is better.

Is this how you pictured him perhaps?

Daario_Naharis.jpg

I'm glad that they got rid of the blue hair for the show. It would have been difficult to take him seriously.

I have no idea who you people are going on about. Daari-who?

At one point, Danaerys was approached by three men, leaders of a band of mercenaries working for Yunkai (the slaver city they were about to invade/liberate). One of them decided to kill/decapitate the other two and pledge his allegiance to her. He later sneaked into Yunkai during the night, along with Jorah (and maybe Selmy, can't remember).

That's who Daario was. Good thing you asked, have you imagined if you started watching, and suddenly Danaerys is confiding in this dude whose face and name you can't recognize?

Daario from the books dyes his hair frequently, in outlandish ways. His clothes also feature garish colours. He sounds like a badly recoloured sprite, really.

That's who Daario was. Good thing you asked, have you imagined if you started watching, and suddenly Danaerys is confiding in this dude whose face and name you can't recognize?

That sounds like every episode of Game of Thrones, to be honest. :heh:

How many slave cities are there? I see on the trailer she is liberating yet another slave city. Is she finished soon...?

How many slave cities are there? I see on the trailer she is liberating yet another slave city. Is she finished soon...?

In the books there 3 slaver cities in total. In Season 3 she liberated 2.

So, the premier is at 2am. I doubt i'll be watching it live, what with having to go to work tomorrow.

Fantastic first episode. I've read the books so I know what's coming, but the show is still all the more awesome!

My favourite line in the episode has to be:

The Hound: "Course you named your sword!"

Arya: "Lots of people name their swords"

The Hound: "Lots of CUNTS"

The Hound had all the best lines this episode.

Also, for all of you book readers that have read the "Mercy" chapter from The Winds Of Winter...

Those lines at the end of the episode when Arya is killing Polliver - they are almost directly pulled from the Mercy chapter where Arya kills Raff the Sweetling in Braavos. I don't think it was any coincidence that GRRM released that chapter before the start of the season.

Can't fault the first episode, follows the books nicely. Which is always good. Bring on the next episode is what i say.

-Oberyn Martell is awesome. Now that I'm actually watching the show while knowing what's coming, I'm all the more appreciative of when they expand on a character's introduction (on a related note, dayumn, XerxesStyr the Magnar of Thenn)

-Charles Dance + Rains of Castamere + Wolf Pelt = Amazing scene

-Is it me, or did Jon Snow's actor get good all of a sudden?

-Arya and The Hound have good chemistry. Nice twist on the tavern scene.

Yeah, pretty good episode. I have a feeling this Season won't be as slow-paced as Season 3.

We're on the same page :bowdown:

(Gonna avoid those Winds of Winter spoilers for now. Haven't read Feast and Dance yet)

Amazing first episode.

This series is totally going to spoil fans. An insane amount of stuff is coming.

And winter.

Fantastic first episode. I've read the books so I know what's coming, but the show is still all the more awesome!

My favourite line in the episode has to be:

"You gonna die for some chickens?"

"Somebody is..."

I'm wondering

how The Hound is going to get injured so Arya can leave him now.

I'm wondering
how The Hound is going to get injured so Arya can leave him now.

I was expecting them to depart ways soon after the inn, but maybe he could be sticking around with her and depart ways at Joffery's fateful wedding.

He named his sword!

I was expecting something to go wrong, and it did in the best possible way.

Also, is it me or have Bran and Rickon aged by about 5 years since season 3?

I was thinking that about Bran as well. It's the same with Carl in the Walking Dead. Must be a right headache for TV producers, especially if they've got long term plans for them.

I'm not done with reading the books but does it matter what age Bran and the others have?

I'm more than half way through A Feast for Crows and haven't read about Bran for a long time - hence I haven't read about the scene with Bran and the tree in this episode. I'm curious how far they will progress with Bran now while having to skip major parts of the others' stories.

Also, Theon has got quite creepy!

I'm not done with reading the books but does it matter what age Bran and the others have?

It doesn't matter, he just seems to have changed a lot in a short space of time.

Also, I haven't read the books, but I believe that a load of events in multiple books happen at the same time, and the show is doing a chronological order.