NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

For those that have read the books...

I was surprised to see Robb's wife at the wedding. She survives the whole wedding in the book by not attending at all... I'm on book 4 now and she's not popped up again (except a brief mention) but I had been working on the theory that she was laying low with Robb's heir. I thought my theory was confirmed when she was revealed to be pregnant in the show but I guess she eventually dies anyway?

She's at Riverrun. We don't know if she's preggers or not at the moment.

She's at Riverrun. We don't know if she's preggers or not at the moment.

I was also under the impression from the book that she was off in hiding somewhere, likely pregnant.. and was pretty chuffed when the show confirmed that.

But now... what the absolute fuck. She's dead. Surely she's not going to survive losing that much blood. At any rate, the baby sure as fuck is =/ what the FUCK is going on :(

I was also under the impression from the book that she was off in hiding somewhere, likely pregnant.. and was pretty chuffed when the show confirmed that.

But now... what the absolute fuck. She's dead. Surely she's not going to survive losing that much blood. At any rate, the baby sure as fuck is =/ what the FUCK is going on :(

Yeah that was my thinking... the show kind of spoiled it for the book readers (at least those that haven't read all the way through!).

Unless it's going to diverge a little bit like Walking Dead

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Other reactions.

Edited by bryanee

What an awesome episode.

It's been called the most gruesome scene in television history. I didn't really think that while watching but looking back you can sort of see why with a pregnant woman being stabbed 3 times.

Gutted for Arya, just arrived to be reunites with her family and then that happens.

Well having never read the books I was expecting the wedding to go smoothly for some reason even though episode 9 usually goes off with a bang in each season, I just presumed the Starks would be a main stay of the show for some time, I was in shock, I still am.

I smile a little when I remember Jon Snow riding off on his horse leaving that ginger wench behind

Well having never read the books I was expecting the wedding to go smoothly for some reason even though episode 9 usually goes off with a bang in each season, I just presumed the Starks would be a main stay of the show for some time, I was in shock, I still am.

I smile a little when I remember Jon Snow riding off on his horse leaving that ginger wench behind

There are more starks alive than dead still......praise the lord of light

odd_you_know_nothing_jon_snow.jpg

It's a shame you can't watch something like this a day late (I was still watching Arrested Development yesterday, cut me some slack) without the whole internet talking about how awesome and shocking the episode was in hushed tones. It's kind of hard to be shocked when you know that something shocking is coming. :heh:

So it turns out the Red Wedding was based upon the massacre of my ancestors in a similar situation.

Awesome and not-so-awesome at the same time!

They must not have done a very good job at massacring your ancestors if you're here today.

Finally got round to watching Episode 9 yesterday.... NNNNOOOOOO

:cry:

Well actually I knew it was coming not because I read the book but because I accidently read too much on wikipedia the other day when I was trying to figure out who the guy tortureing Theon was (I know it was said in the show when he made Theon "guess" it all but I still didn't get it :heh:)

That said I was hoping maybe they weren't sticking to the book 100% and that they might change it and have Rod get away or plan for betrayal.

Interesting though reading here that Talisa wasn't killed at the Red Wedding in the book... wonder why they made that change in the show?

Gods damnit what is up with this show/book (not read the books but obviously same thing)... why is the author killing all the good characters?

First Ned now Rob and Catelyn????

I can understand killing Ned, it helps set up the war... but Rob was meant to avenge his father... I was just waiting for him to finally get to Kings Landing and kill Tywin and that jackass of a false King, Joffery and his mother too.

Now who is left to avenge Ned? For me I always assumed the Stark family were the main family in the show the "good guys" the ones who would be standing tall when all is said and done. Jon Snow is really the only one left with proper potential to do something, yet he's faffing about at the Wall with Crows and Wildlings he prolly hasn't got a clue what else is happening. Even when he finds out he'll prolly stay true to his "oath" and stay at the wall (he strikes me as that kind of guy).

I would LOVE to see Jon though decide to leave the Wall to avenge his family and then get legitimised as a Stark and become Lord of Winterfell.

Who else is left in the Starks? Sansa? She's USELESS, a spoilt little teen girl in is in way over her head who dispite the shit she is in still thinks she can play Princess (when she thought she was going to marry the gay guy... I would have actually liked to see that marriage :heh:)

Arya... ok she has some potential but I can't see how she would go about making a difference

Bran... right the whole controlling animals (and now people thing) has potential but I don't get why he is still going north of the Wall to find this 3 eyed crow? Unless does he find it in the book and it gives him MOAR POWAR or something? (rethorical question, does not require answer, in case of spoilers :heh:)

Rickon... hhmmm he's not done much of anything in 3 seasons, and he's still very young. Even when he does find out about the Red Wedding he'll prolly just cry about it. Also everyone thinks he and Bran are dead anyway... if he does try to claim Winterfell as it's rightful heir how would he prove it.... would anyone believe him?

Anyway here is a nice "Alternate Ending" for Episode 9 I found

Jon Snow is really the only one left with proper potential to do something, yet he's faffing about at the Wall with Crows and Wildlings he prolly hasn't got a clue what else is happening. Even when he finds out he'll prolly stay true to his "oath" and stay at the wall (he strikes me as that kind of guy).

He's already broken his oath by sleeping with the girl.

Well actually I knew it was coming not because I read the book but because I accidently read too much on wikipedia the other day when I was trying to figure out who the guy tortureing Theon was (I know it was said in the show when he made Theon "guess" it all but I still didn't get it :heh:)

That said I was hoping maybe they weren't sticking to the book 100% and that they might change it and have Rod get away or plan for betrayal.

Interesting though reading here that Talisa wasn't killed at the Red Wedding in the book... wonder why they made that change in the show?

Gods damnit what is up with this show/book (not read the books but obviously same thing)... why is the author killing all the good characters?

I can understand killing Ned, it helps set up the war... but Rob was meant to avenge his father... I was just waiting for him to finally get to Kings Landing and kill Tywin and that jackass of a false King, Joffery and his mother too.

Now who is left to avenge Ned? For me I always assumed the Stark family were the main family in the show the "good guys" the ones who would be standing tall when all is said and done. Jon Snow is really the only one left with proper potential to do something, yet he's faffing about at the Wall with Crows and Wildlings he prolly hasn't got a clue what else is happening. Even when he finds out he'll prolly stay true to his "oath" and stay at the wall (he strikes me as that kind of guy).

I would LOVE to see Jon though decide to leave the Wall to avenge his family and then get legitimised as a Stark and become Lord of Winterfell.

Who else is left in the Starks? Sansa? She's USELESS, a spoilt little teen girl in is in way over her head who dispite the shit she is in still thinks she can play Princess (when she thought she was going to marry the gay guy... I would have actually liked to see that marriage :heh:)

Arya... ok she has some potential but I can't see how she would go about making a difference

Bran... right the whole controlling animals (and now people thing) has potential but I don't get why he is still going north of the Wall to find this 3 eyed crow? Unless does he find it in the book and it gives him MOAR POWAR or something? (rethorical question, does not require answer, in case of spoilers :heh:)

Rickon... hhmmm he's not done much of anything in 3 seasons, and he's still very young. Even when he does find out about the Red Wedding he'll prolly just cry about it. Also everyone thinks he and Bran are dead anyway... if he does try to claim Winterfell as it's rightful heir how would he prove it.... would anyone believe him?

Anyway here is a nice "Alternate Ending" for Episode 9 I found

seriously don't read this if you don't want to know potential spoilers for upcoming episodes/seasons

Catelyn isn't actually dead!

Remember Lord Beric? cut almost in two by the hound, a whisper about the lord of light and he was revived

the Brotherhood find her corpse after its unceremoniously dumped in the river by the feys

draw your own conclusions on what occurs

eitherway that saying about a woman scorned...imagine that level from a woman who believes her entire family is dead/murdered

i can spoil more

My advice to avoiding spoilers in the future is to use the HBO viewer's guide. Tower of the hand is a good website too as you can select filters depending on what books you've read or what seasons you've watched. Whatever you do, never use Google or Youtube to search anything Game of Thrones related as you will be spoiled in the autocomplete. For example...

Typing "Robb" into Youtube brings up the following suggestions:

robb stark death

robb stark dies

robb stark death reaction

If people were truly paying attention, they would have realised that Robb was always going to die, because of the curse that the Red Woman (or whatever her name is) put on all the remaining Kings of the land. I can't wait for the shitstorm when

Joffrey dies

If people were truly paying attention, they would have realised that Robb was always going to die, because of the curse that the Red Woman (or whatever her name is) put on all the remaining Kings of the land. I can't wait for the shitstorm when

Joffrey dies

I was paying attention, and it was a real shame, i remember reading the book and hoping that it wouldn't happen, then it did

Shitstorm? apart from accusing Tyrion of it, its the best thing about the series, we get to see that little bastard die, i only wish it had been more violent

Well yeah, but he's one of those people whom everyone loves to hate. I meant more like people will be surprised that he does get killed off, and in such an unsatisfying way as you said. Everyone was so shocked when they killed off so many main characters at once, i think Joffrey may be an even bigger surprise perhaps?

Joffrey dies

Except that it can be strongly argued that the leeches did nothing and all of their deaths were pre-planned:

-Tywin/Bolton/Frey had already planned out the red wedding before the leech thing even happened.

-It's massively hinted that Balon was killed by Euron.

-Littlefinger and Granny Tyrell must have plotted for Joffrey to die before Littlefinger set sail for the Eyrie.

What I'm saying is that if the leeches really had an impact, then we would have seen Robb, Balon and Joffrey just have heart attacks or spontaneously combust.

Also, maybe I'm the only one, but I did feel a slither of pity when Joffrey was choking. Yes he was a grade A cunt and deserved to die, but I blame Cersei for Joffrey.

I shouldn’t be in here, because all of the spoilers (I’m waiting for the blu-rays of season 3), but here are some major spoilers for season 4 from George R. R. Martin himself:

Holy crap i cant wait for those spoilers to happen! no wonder Downey Jr isn't wanting to sign up to Avengers 2 so soon, he had those secret plans.......oh crap should have spoilered

Out of curiosity does one season equal one book?

And how many books are there planned to be?

Martin is planning seven books. The third book is being told over two seasons.