NEurope
Oxigen_Waste

Game of Thrones

Game-Of-Thrones-6-550x365.jpg

Holy shit, I didn't know they were adapting this!!! And HBO, too, to top it off!!! Brilliant.

To anyone who isn't aware, Game of thrones is an adaptation of George R. R. Martin's fantasy masterpiece A Song Of Ice And Fire, which is pretty much the best fantasy fiction ever created (yes, it surpasses Lord Of The Rings, and anyone who tells you otherwise probably never read this - It's just ridiculously good!). Coming in April 2011.

HBO = win

Song of Ice And Fire = win

Cast = win

All signs point to massive win!

Anyway, appetizers:

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Only read the first novel in the series but it got me completely hooked.

Holding high hopes for the TV-series, because apparently HBO are putting more money into this then they did into the Rome series.

Sean Bean playing Eddard Stark made me chuckle.

Does he actively seek roles where he dies or is this just a coincidence :Þ

Bean is always worth a watch and this looks like it could be highly enjoyable.

Yay, more silly bullshit from ye olde world.

Have you read any of the novels?

Because I found it to be very far from the stale old fantasy written for 13 year olds.

Have you read any of the novels?

Because I found it to be very far from the stale old fantasy written for 13 year olds.

Indeed. It's more like a medieval version of the West Wing, with some small hints of fantasy and action.

I'm about to watch this. Not too sure if I like it but it does have the greatest actor in the world Sean Bean in it.

Waaay too much sex/nudity in it, but the first episode was alright. Crappy cliffhabger at the end. I'm off to seek out my copy of the book now so I can read it, didn't get in to it last time I tried but I'm intrigued now!

Waaay too much sex/nudity in it, but the first episode was alright. Crappy cliffhabger at the end. I'm off to seek out my copy of the book now so I can read it, didn't get in to it last time I tried but I'm intrigued now!

Spoiler: There's tons of sex and nudity. ;)

As the books are rather long, it's just spread more thinly.

A girl/family friend's daughter worked on this series as a production assistant or something. *shrug*

I need to get HBO now. And yea, Sex and Nudity are prevalent in the books as well. And a little graphic if I'm remembering Khal Drogo's scene correctly....

so has anyone been watching this then?

It's been really good so far, and pretty faithful to the book (has been a while since I read it though)

Peter Dinklage has been outstanding as Tyrion Lannister.

The only problem is I know exactly what's coming next! ;)

Tyrion Lannister is easily the best character in the show. It's been great so far, getting better with each episode.

I wouldn't be surprised if the answer was no.

Y'know. It's a "boring fantasy lord of the rings wannabee" etc.

(It's amazing, will buy ALL the books once series 1 is done)

It's been really good so far, and pretty faithful to the book (has been a while since I read it though)

Peter Dinklage has been outstanding as Tyrion Lannister.

The only problem is I know exactly what's coming next! ;)

i-DwTVMBd-L.jpg

Loving it so far.

I'm planning on watching it once the first season is over.

So I have nothing to add to this thread right now. :sad:

I'm loving it so far too. Been great, Tyrion is a great character. Going to read the books on holiday!

Hmmm heard lots of stuff about this I may get into it at some point.

EDIT:

Also I'm slightly related to Sean Bean!

Edited by flameboy

How slightly? :o

Get him to come to the N-E meet lol

My dads Gran and his Gran are cousins. I doubted it for years and thought it was one of those things where everyone from Sheffield says they are related to him, until in his autobiography he mentioned her. Plus my dads done the whole family tree thing and traced it once he worked out the name of Sean Bean's Gran.

So god knows what my relation to him is, everytime we have a family reunion the joke always goes "I see our Sean didn't turn up again" then once somebody said "yeah too busy lying to hobbits"

hahaha that's aces.

Good to see everyone enjoying this. it's fucking amazing. I'm still having trouble with a lot of names, though. which is annoying. No clue what Little Finger and the rest of the council are called, for example.

Other than that, I'd say this is the best series in years. I'm completely and shamelessly hooked. I won't be reading the books though, largely because I enjoy trying to predict the plot and watching it blind with my girlfriend. For the record, pretty much all my predictions have been wrong so far, but we'll see. The last episode was a brilliant spark in the political tinder box built up flawlessly in the prior episodes so I can't wait to see how it pans out.

hahaha that's aces.

Good to see everyone enjoying this. it's fucking amazing. I'm still having trouble with a lot of names, though. which is annoying. No clue what Little Finger and the rest of the council are called, for example.

Other than that, I'd say this is the best series in years. I'm completely and shamelessly hooked. I won't be reading the books though, largely because I enjoy trying to predict the plot and watching it blind with my girlfriend. For the record, pretty much all my predictions have been wrong so far, but we'll see. The last episode was a brilliant spark in the political tinder box built up flawlessly in the prior episodes so I can't wait to see how it pans out.

Well, they're sticking quite closely to the books, and making each season cover aprox. the amount of a book, so... you could (make that should) read the books, but if you want to keep the mistery of what's coming next... then just read each one after the corresponding season comes out. Win win?