NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Oxigen_Waste

Promises that fail to deliver

Come on, be honest. It starts out like it's going to be the best song ever... and then it just turns into "old beach boys sound" without any type of remorse. I really would love to hear Brian Wilson's complete (and original) version. It's too bad he got pretty much forced to stick with this version for the recently released (and true) version of smile.

After listening to it about twenty times in a row, I think I agree with you. When the chorus comes in initially, it kills me....but it feels like there's missed potential by the end. Still awesome though. :bouncy:

After. Battlestar Galactica has made me reanalyse everything I know about life.

I still say if the British public were made to watch the end of S2/S3 of BSG then we wouldn'e be in this sitch.

They promised us this!...

Haha, is grown-up N64 kid in that crowd?? They really go wild for lil' Link.

Mind you, I remember watching that trailer a lot.

i'm a bit shocked BR has been listed in this thread, the first one was awsome!

Lost.

I loved every episode of it. Each and every one (well, I missed a few in the middle of the last season). Except the last. I don't know, I didn't expect such a non-ending to an otherwise spectacular show. If this is their deliberate ending they came up with they might as well have gotten themselves cancelled. They might as well have broadcasted a documentary about little kittens with artritis as the final episode, which would almost have the same relevance to the rest of the show as the real final episode had.

That's because kittens are terrifying.

I hate that sort of discrimination. Just because its wearing a hoody it doesn't mean it's going to cause trouble or break the law. I'm sick of people assuming that any young cat in a hoody or wearing a tracksuit is automatically a criminal.

Its not wearing a hoody. Hoodied kittens are fine. Its the tunic wearing kittens that are a menace to south central while drinking their juice in the hood.

Does Rurouni Kenshin's filler-filled ending count? The manga is awesome from start to finish, but the Anime abruptly ended after filler hell.

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist, the first anime. Awesome start, great adaptations of manga scenes so that they make more sense, or have more emotional impact... and then starts throwing anti-climaxes and nonsensical explanations everywhere.

Fahrenheit is another one. Just...urgh.

Come on, be honest. It starts out like it's going to be the best song ever... and then it just turns into "old beach boys sound" without any type of remorse. I really would love to hear Brian Wilson's complete (and original) version. It's too bad he got pretty much forced to stick with this version for the recently released (and true) version of smile.

For once I agree with you about something music-related! :p I mean, I like the song, but the intro promises so much more. It's a total shift in tone.

Fahrenheit is another one. Just...urgh.

I second this. I loved the beginning with the murder with mystical undertones, then it turned into dead guys running on walls and computer gods and God knows what.

i'm a bit shocked BR has been listed in this thread, the first one was awsome!

Indeed it was. However, given the premise, it could've been better. Much much better. I mean, do you really think it couldn't have been perfected? And I mean both the book and the movie. They're both too juvenile in the way the deal with the themes at hand.

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist, the first anime. Awesome start, great adaptations of manga scenes so that they make more sense, or have more emotional impact... and then starts throwing anti-climaxes and nonsensical explanations everywhere.

I agree that it somewhat disappoints. However, it still kicks all kinds of ass!

I agree that it somewhat disappoints. However, it still kicks all kinds of ass!

It was excellent execution at what they tried to do. I just ended up not liking what they wanted to do :heh:

I second this. I loved the beginning with the murder with mystical undertones, then it turned into dead guys running on walls and computer gods and God knows what.

Sounds good to me :hmm: Might give this one a try now.

To get back on topic:

God-of-War-3-Box-Art.jpg

Edited by drahkon

4th post, n-europe is getting quicker now, won't be long before it's the 1st post.

I truly think this is the one of the greatest mentions with failing to deliver.

Too have an epic game like FFVII to then this incredible opening, it was like it was telling us FFVII was just the beginning of awesomness, only to see after the opening cutscene...:(

Oh and just for kicks

607862-windwaker_box_art_large.jpg

4th post, n-europe is getting quicker now, won't be long before it's the 1st post.

I truly think this is the one of the greatest mentions with failing to deliver.

Too have an epic game like FFVII to then this incredible opening, it was like it was telling us FFVII was just the beginning of awesomness, only to see after the opening cutscene...:(

You're so rude. Considering FFVIII is a really interesting play experience. The storyline is my favourite thing; stunningly surreal, but at the same time has elements of "realness".

I much prefer it to FFVII, since its far less "Here's a good game for you to play", more "Let's see what jokes we can all collectively tell."

Mitchum deodorant.

It's like there's a tap on under my arms.

Sounds good to me :hmm: Might give this one a try now.

It's not, but at least you'd go into the game knowing what to expect. ;)

Sign in to follow this