NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Caris

Modest Mouse.

Agreed. They have a very original and diverse sound, with songs always brimming with energy. I have to say that The Moon and Antarctica is my favourite of their records. Each song evokes such a wide range of emotions; it's perfect for these cold, dark winter nights.

someone told me about them a while ago, listened to a couple of their tracks but they wernet my cup of tea, although my taste may have changed, you seem to think they are they are very good so they are worthy of a second listen. :)

Ohh you tried to force a song on me on msn before didnt ya Caris!

Negative.

It was another song by them.

I've heard of Modest Mouse, they had a song they played on MTV2 all the frekkin' time, Float On. I believe it was called. I really liked that song.

But where have they gone. Ol' Modest?

Sorry ill download a load of slipknot now.

Not everything that isn't indie is Slipknot you know...

i dont really like modest mouse, which given that i like the postal service and belle and sebastion which imo are pretty similar is odd. i clearly havnt given them a good enough chance.

for those of you who don't do indie, try 'the fall of troy', my latest band discovery :)

Do your self a favour, don't. Whiney Indie. Not the worst but pretty damn close.

Still, it's a shite sight better than whiney emo.....or whiney punk...

i dont really like modest mouse, which given that i like the postal service and belle and sebastion which imo are pretty similar is odd. i clearly havnt given them a good enough chance.

for those of you who don't do indie, try 'the fall of troy', my latest band discovery :)

belkle & sebastian are pretty great. have you got all their albums? all i have is boy with the arab strap but its awesome! sleep the clock around is like my favourite pop song evarr!

I'm going seeing Belle & Sebastien in January, which should be fun. I can't help but admire how despite having such a simple and lo-fi approach to songwriting, they're so consistant in delivering engaging and entertaining music.

Alright, do what you want, but I know Id rather listen too slipknot than some fat whiney **** anyday, and slipknot are not my forté either.

Im sorry, but emo is a damn sight better than fucking Indie. Thats the thing, people get mistaken to what Emo actually is. Oh my fucking god emo is well shitez innsit, I means My ChEmiCaAL ROMANCE, WTFwtfWtf?!?!1111?

Emo bands: New Found Glory, Saves the Day, The Weakerthans, Texas is the Reason, Braid, Jets to Brazil, Indian Summer, Owltian Mia, Postal Sevice, Threadbare, You and I, Moss Icon.

If any of you so called 'Indie' boys can find anymusic by these bands, fair enough you can label Emo what ever the hell yo uwant, but until then, get fucked.

And why on earth do Indie faggots now think that they have the right too call another underground scene? Because they enjoy music called 'indie', which actually stands for - 'Corporate, drug abusing, untalented muscicians who like to steal other peoples fashions and call it their own little corn holing motherfuckers who sing more about emotions etc more than any emo band I know.

Listen to Metal, even if you dont like it, and youl find a lesson in how to play instruments.

grebe, you have alot of good points about the current indie scene. The Strokes basically started a craze which a few talented musicians (Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, The Zutons to name a couple) used to develop thei own music, whilst alot of less talented bands used it to get rick (futureheads, bloc party, kaiser chiefs etc).

I also agree with what you said about the labelling of indie. it is the most widely thrown about genre, just thrown at any band who talk about what they feel. My Chemical romance aren't emo. thats metal core imo.

Genre in music is al about snobbery anyway though. people just want to feel better than other people, and one of the ways the human race hhas decided it can show superiority over each other is by classifying its music in disorganised and often irrational and unnecessary subdivisions, often listening almost exclusively to one of these subdivisions and attocking those who chose to listen to another.

grebe, i'm sure you'd have better discussions with people if you swore less. when every other word you type is an expletive it dilutes your original point. and by the way, new found glory are a pop group.

Expletives get the point across, they are fun to use, and get people wound up. Il carry on using them.

New Found glory are pop punk thanyou very muchos.

New Found glory are pop punk thanyou very muchos.

Nah mate you got it wrong, there SHIT.

: peace:

Shows your knowledge of all things musical. Do yourself a favour, go down to your local record shop and trade your lame modest mouse cd's for a good NFG album. You won't regret it.

Whats wrong with Slipknot, Eyeless is a hardcore tune, can't beat the intro.

Nah mate you got it wrong, there SHIT.

New Found Glory are good :shock: .

Those two quotes have told my mind not to even try and listen to Modest Mouse, you dislike two of my favourite bands, which tells me I won't like Modest Mouse.

Shows your knowledge of all things musical. Do yourself a favour, go down to your local record shop and trade your lame modest mouse cd's for a good NFG album. You won't regret it.

haha i will mate, i used to liek in them year 8 with all my mates.

Sign in to follow this