NEurope
Guy

Happy Birthday N-Europe!

I still just don't understand how anybody is seeing it, I mean what about the other bit of n and 2 thirds of the three that you're conveniently ignoring, why do you think they're there?

Maybe if it was completely out of context I would be more understanding but given that it's gone up on NE's 13th birthday, which you all know, surely it's fairly obvious!!!??

Happy birthday NE for yesterday!! Was a lurker for a long time before i joined! This is the only forum i post on!

I still just don't understand how anybody is seeing it, I mean what about the other bit of n and 2 thirds of the three that you're conveniently ignoring, why do you think they're there?

Maybe if it was completely out of context I would be more understanding but given that it's gone up on NE's 13th birthday, which you all know, surely it's fairly obvious!!!??

You're looking at it wrong (and here I mean the interpretation of the logo, not the logo itself). You still seem to think it's a conscious effort. Of course it's not. I think everyone is perfectly able to see that it says 13. We obviously know it's not supposed to say ReZ, but that is still how some of our brains see it initially. Others, again, do not.

Don't take it personally, man. :) As I said, it's not a criticism of your skills. The logo's awesome, there's no doubt about it! :D But you can't expect people not to have different interpretations, nor should you view those interpretations as attacks or criticisms against your creation. It's natural for the human brain to interpret, and it does so in funny ways sometimes.

I'm really thick and didn't realize that it was supposed to say 13 at first (I couldn't figure out how you'd managed to write 2011 in such a weird way), so I thought it was an odd-looking Z with some sort of symbol above it. And while it's obvious that the n is, in fact, an n, at first glance it looked a bit like an r because part of it is hidden behind the e. After that, I was stuck in my interpretation of the text.

But yes, it's obvious what it's supposed to say, and this was all just meant to be in good fun. :)

At first I wasn't sure what it was but after a few seconds I realised it was NE 13, and ventured into the forum to find out why.

I saw ReZ and then the nazi symbol.

coincidence?

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

NEIN!

Don't get so worked up about it Eddage, confusion is sadly part of Graphic Design work. Better get used to it. =P

You basically have to work on a logo until it all looks good and everyone can tell what on earth it's supposed to be heh. Takes a lot of work. I think the main problem is simply that the N-E font doesn't lend itself too much for alterations, unless you start to really change it. It's obvious the numbers are made out of different pieces and are originally letters, which can confuse people.

Anyway, happy birthday N-E. May there be many more years to follow!

Don't get so worked up about it Eddage, confusion is sadly part of Graphic Design work. Better get used to it. =P

You basically have to work on a logo until it all looks good and everyone can tell what on earth it's supposed to be heh. Takes a lot of work. I think the main problem is simply that the N-E font doesn't lend itself too much for alterations, unless you start to really change it. It's obvious the numbers are made out of different pieces and are originally letters, which can confuse people.

Anyway, happy birthday N-E. May there be many more years to follow!

Umm, the numbers aren't actually originally letters...

Untitled-1-5.gif

That's the N-E font numbers. All I changed was adding the top part and moving the middle of the 3 down slightly. I'm sure you'll agree that if I stuck with the original 3 it would've been even more abstract!

I still honestly don't understand how people can't see what it is either. I mean, if it was completely out of context fair enough, but the fact that on the same banner it says "celebrating 13 years" and the front page had loads of mention of what was going on (N-E's 13th birthday)(yes I know I've said this before, but I'm still rather perplexed by it :heh:).

Maybe I've just got a slightly abstract mind (or maybe you lot are just a bit thick)...

:heh:

I'm not actually annoyed by it anymore, it's just that I had spent a long time making it, coming up with something I thought everyone would be able to read, yet still look different enough from normal typography to be interesting. Yet for some reason people came along and thought I was celebrating *shudders* ReZ. (Although I actually think that says a lot more about the people who immediately saw his name than it does my designing skills :heh:)!

What I meant was that the numbers are made out of parts of the N-E font, which I guess wasn't originally designed to have numbers in it. It may seem obvious to you what it means, but for people who haven't spent hours designing the font or the logo/signatures, it really won't be as clear cut. You know what it's supposed to be, but others might have more trouble recognising it if they're not told beforehand what it says. Doesn't mean they're thick.

When I first saw the site header my initial reaction was...

'Woah! that's some awesome design work, and is that? *double-take* Yes it is, NE13, that's pretty damn good!'

I still had to do a double-take but I could tell almost straight away what it was, that's not a comment against your design skills Eddage because as I stated before I appreciate your work just as I appreciate that everyone on the GFX team is very skilled at what they do, but just because not everyone 'got it' immediately or saw 'ReZ' instead doesn't mean that they're 'thick' surely?

Everyone perceives things differently and it would seem to me that's all this is, a question of perception. : peace:

Gah, it's a joooooooke. I don't really think people are thick, hence the :heh:

Apparently everything I do is misread/interpreted, maybe I should just stop trying...

I think it is fair to say that the numbers in the font file aren't the most clear numbers ever.

Gah, it's a joooooooke. I don't really think people are thick, hence the :heh:

Apparently everything I do is misread/interpreted, maybe I should just stop trying...

Nooo! don't stop trying, I basically assumed that it was a joke but I just wanted to make sure.

Anyway, the header is excellent and I think I speak for everyone who 'adopted' one of your celebratory signatures - some multiple times - that the effort you put into it all is very much appreciated. :)

I don't know about Rummy, but I think it looks like it says Rez, not N-E 13.

EDIT: Oh, it is old news. I swear it wasn't in the link Ashley posted when he locked the topic.

Edited by Tales

Celebrating Four Years of a Tumour. Called ReZ.

Fixed it for you.

Ima have to start charging you.

Holy shit, time really does fly.

I've had some great times on here, and met some truly awesome people.

Thank you N-Europe13Rez.

I CAN see the NE13 nature, but it does well more spring to mind as saying rez to me. It bugs me immensely, and a curse you have brought upon our minds.