NEurope
ReZourceman

Pete Postlethwaite has passed away.

Without a doubt one of the countries best actors. He was an absolute legend.

Actor-Pete-Postlethwaite--007.jpg

Rest in peace.

Aww balls :( I saw stephen fry had put this up on twitter before, what a bloody loss!

Now, he'll finally be able to catch that buck T-Rex.

R.I.P, he was a great, great actor.

It's always the good ones that die, never the bad.

Rest to you Pete. Damn....

A brilliant actor but I'm surprised that he didn't get more parts of high quality. He ended up in odd things like Dragonheart but also in classics like Usual Suspects. Shall we leave his involvement in Aeon Flux out?

He was great in a film production of Shakespeare's Tempest as Prospero (I think). Shame, he was really good in that. Only other thing I've seen with him in it is Usual Suspects. RIP Eco bro.

I was genuinely quite upset when I heard the news earlier today. We've lost a real national treasure.

Rest to you Pete. Damn....

A brilliant actor but I'm surprised that he didn't get more parts of high quality. He ended up in odd things like Dragonheart but also in classics like Usual Suspects. Shall we leave his involvement in Aeon Flux out?

To Hollywood he was never going to be serious material, to them he was just that funny-looking British guy they brought in to class things up a bit. Their loss.

Edited by gaggle64

Rest in Pete, peace.

That made me laugh out loud. Then I felt bad.

I'm afraid I don't recognise his name, but it's always sad when the world loses a good person.

Peter Postlethwaite is the kinda man whose face you instantly know from a lot of things, but can't pinpoint his name or exactly where you know him from. This is probably because he makes such an impact with most of his performances, but it could also be because he has the perfect facial structure for a wizard and wizards are cool.

His name is also hard to spell. Really fucking hard to spell. Tolkien hard.

I most recently watched him die in Inception. Classic gent. I'm proud to have been born on the day such a great man died. I'll carry your torch, Peter. Onward into the future.

Edited by Guy
HIS NAME IS HARD TO SPELL.

I most recently watched him die in Inception. Classic gent. I'm proud to have been born on the day such a great man died. I'll carry your torch, Peter. Onward into the future.

(Had to look him up.) Oh, that was him? Didn't even realise he was in Inception.

R.I.P Pete Postlethwaite.

The last film I watched him in was The Town. :sad:

This has been popping up around since the news - a powerful performance and weirdly relevant in today's troubled world.

For some reason I always think of him as a poor man's Patrick Stewart, I never know why that thought always pops into my head.

Still, one of those actors who put the great into great british, not sure we even have decent young ones these days.

He was awesome in Lost for Words, a rare tv drama (dvd not available in this country oddly) with Thora Hird where he plays the son of a stroke sufferer. Powerful performance.

He had a pretty awesome final year, at least: Inception and that movie ReZ liked.