NEurope
Dog-amoto

Name That Game: 2011 Edition

The next round is ready to go when this one ends :smile:

It's a little different so I'm interested to see how it goes! Hopefully it'll be fun, anyway :heh:

NTGcatchphrase.jpg

Edited by nekunando

I'm just glad it's a round you won't be able to get any points in. I vote we have all future rounds while Nando isn't around.

It's a little different so I'm interested to see how it goes! Hopefully it'll be fun, anyway :heh:

NTGcatchphrase.jpg

are you gonna give a time? Or has that suggestion of mine shipped lol

That's a bit of a clue.

I'll probably give a time but I want to wait for this round to be over first :smile:

I'll post the rules for the next round now to see if anyone fancies playing it this way or, if not, I can post the pictures as normal :hehe:

In the next round of Name That Game, I was considering posting pictures individually. In a way, it'll work a little like the game show Catchphrase

:smile:

Originally I will post a single picture, much like the pictures currently in the thread. When that game is guessed, the player who identified the game correctly will receive 1 point and nominate a panel to be removed from the following picture:

NTGcatchphrase.jpg

Removal of a panel will reveal a small section of a screenshot of another game and only the player who removed the panel can take a single guess at what this game may be. If the player gets it wrong, the next image will be posted and everyone is back in play. Again, a succesful guess at this stage will give that player a chance to remove another panel from the large picture.

If the large picture is guessed correctly, that player will receive points in the following manner:

• 3 Points for guessing the picture from only one panel removed
  • 2 Points for guessing the picture from two removed panels
  • 1 Point for guessing the picture at any stage after this

When the large picture is guessed, whatever other pictures remain will be posted in a single post where everyone can name the games as normal. If the large picture, however, is not guessed at any stage with the person in control of the board after all panels have been removed, that picture is then available for everyone to guess :smile:

I hope that makes sense.. and I hope it works relatively well too :hehe: It'll be a bit of a change, anyway :heh:

That's a bit of a clue.

I meant after the round

....shithead

:)

I'll probably give a time but I want to wait for this round to be over first :smile:

I'll post the rules for the next round now to see if anyone fancies playing it this way or, if not, I can post the pictures as normal :hehe:

In the next round of Name That Game, I was considering posting pictures individually. In a way, it'll work a little like the game show Catchphrase

:smile:

Originally I will post a single picture, much like the pictures currently in the thread. When that game is guessed, the player who identified the game correctly will receive 1 point and nominate a panel to be removed from the following picture:

NTGcatchphrase.jpg

Removal of a panel will reveal a small section of a screenshot of another game and only the player who removed the panel can take a single guess at what this game may be. If the player gets it wrong, the next image will be posted and everyone is back in play. Again, a succesful guess at this stage will give that player a chance to remove another panel from the large picture.

If the large picture is guessed correctly, that player will receive points in the following manner:

• 3 Points for guessing the picture from only one panel removed
  • 2 Points for guessing the picture from two removed panels
  • 1 Point for guessing the picture at any stage after this

When the large picture is guessed, whatever other pictures remain will be posted in a single post where everyone can name the games as normal. If the large picture, however, is not guessed at any stage with the person in control of the board after all panels have been removed, that picture is then available for everyone to guess :smile:

I hope that makes sense.. and I hope it works relatively well too :hehe: It'll be a bit of a change, anyway :heh:

ohhhh sound interesting.

I don't like it. Chances are someone will get quite a lot of points and most people won't be able to have a go. We'll just be waiting for them to come online and have a guess.

EDIT: I think the panel thing is a good idea I just think that everyone should be able to guess it.

Any more opinions are welcome :smile: If there isn't enough interest in the idea or if it isn't really working, I'm more than happy to play as normal : peace:

Yeah, the recent variations have been great. But I don't think people should start putting times out for when we can expect the next round. It just seems better to have them at random, unexpected times to avoid people having intentional advantages.

If, say, I were to 'miss' randomly-timed consecutive rounds, I'd consider myself unlucky, but at least I couldn't blame anyone :p

I think I got it. Basically, the person with the most amount of votes in the run-off, gets to elect a representative to the Sudanese government, yes? ;)

I think it's an interesting idea that's worth a go. If it doesn't work very well, then we won't do it again. Maybe if we're waiting a long time for someone to get back with a guess or a panel number to reveal, we should introduce a time limit?

In the next round of Name That Game, I was considering posting pictures individually. In a way, it'll work a little like the game show Catchphrase :smile:

after_dinner_roy_walker.jpg

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGHT!!

All guesses are wrong.

Ok more clues

3 reaches for the stars for a change

15. I'll be very Glad when someone gets this

Oops. Just noticed someone got Portal for 15. Well done

It is Halo Reach.

No-one's got 7 yet. One more clue. It's a Master System lightgun game that used the 3D glasses

It is. Let me just tot up the scores and the next round can begin whenever nando's ready

Magnus - 16

D_prOdigy - 7

Jonnas - 6

/ nando / - 6

darksnowman - 6

Dog-amoto - 5

mcj metroid - 5

Cube - 3

Dyson - 3

Patch - 3

Smeagol - 3

MoogleViper - 2

Aimless - 1

Coolness Bears - 1

Fused King - 1

Magnus should do a round soon to give people chance to catch up

I've decided just to have a normal round.. and I'm posting now, at random! It may not please everyone but sometimes unexpected is best :heh:

There is one twist though :eek: Whoever gets the most correct answers in this round will be allowed to remove a certain number of panels from a bonus picture corresponding to how many games they guessed correctly! Only they are allowed to guess the bonus picture and, if they do not know the answer, the player in second position will get to take over and further panels will be removed. If noone gets it after this sequence of events, going through the players in 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. position, it will be thrown open for everyone to guess :smile:

Anyway.. here we go :hehe:

001 R-Type Final MoogleViper +1

NTG2011a.jpg

002 Top Gear Rally darksnowman +1

NTG2011b.jpg

003 Gungrave Jonnas +1

NTG2011c.jpg

004 Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 jayseven +1

NTG2011d.jpg

005 Starwing Magnus +1

NTG2011e.jpg

006 Hybrid Heaven darksnowman +1