NEurope
Dog-amoto

Name That Game: 2011 Edition

I have to agree that 8 just has that "never released" vibe. But as that one has already been guessed, I'm trying my luck with no. 7, as that also totally doesn't look familiar to me.

oops never noticed the guessing thing

ok

13. risky woods

pic#12 was never released

Edited by mcj metroid

Some people are way too fast / spend a lot of time here :). I knew 1 & 4 :p.

Beats coming into the thread and thinking, "hey, I know that screen! And that one too!", only to scroll down and see that they've already been guessed. :(

I think the real question of this thread is where is Captain Falcon?

Maybe it could spawn it's own series of games?

carmensandiego-11.jpg

All guesses of game names have been correct so far.

EDIT. Balls. Just noticed the one guess rule - sorry bout that, but I think I've earned more than one guess seeing as I never get the chance to :p

Surely he means that you're only allowed one guess for which game has never been released? Otherwise you could just guess for all of them and get the point.

Yes, only one guess for the unreleased game only.

8 is Bounty Arms. I think that's the unreleased game?

Correct. Magnus has used Godly Skills to correctly identify the name of the unreleased game and which number it is, though he edited an old post to do so? Since this leaves the order of events a little difficult to decipher, I'm going to award the two points to Magnus for the game name and 1 point to darksnowman for the number.

Just number 5 left to guess.

Edited by Patch

The guess per person thing doesn't work. The only way to avoid one person who HAPPENS to be on guessing is to set a time of posting.

e.g Come back for 14.00 for round 3.

Means everyone who views this thread daily gets an equal chance :)

The guess per person thing doesn't work. The only way to avoid one person who HAPPENS to be on guessing is to set a time of posting.

e.g Come back for 14.00 for round 3.

Means everyone who views this thread daily gets an equal chance :)

Yes, this would be ideal really. I imagine the hype and anticipation would be up there with Nintendo's E3 conference.

Just to clarify, the 'one guess per person' was ONLY for guessing which of the numbered screenshots was the unreleased game and it was a one-off bonus, which I won't be making a habit of!

I edited my post because I wrote 2 instead of 12 for Castlevania, but I'm fine with Darksnowman getting a point. :)

I think the real question of this thread is where is Captain Falcon?

He just wants everyone to get a comfortable lead before he swoops in and wins the game in December.

Yes, this would be ideal really. I imagine the hype and anticipation would be up there with Nintendo's E3 conference.

Haha, it would probably eclipse E3!

I edited my post because I wrote 2 instead of 12 for Castlevania, but I'm fine with Darksnowman getting a point. :)

Good stuff... or else I'd have to start editing peoples posts in this thread myself. :wink:

Good stuff... or else I'd have to start editing peoples posts in this thread myself. :wink:

Hey, if you know a screenshot, feel free to edit your guess into one of my posts. :p

Perhaps we should move this to the chat than, make it a proper quiz! :D

More like we should migrate it to General Chit Chat... :indeed:

:shakehead

Hey, if you know a screenshot, feel free to edit your guess into one of my posts. :p

:laughing: I'll give that some thought.

More like we should migrate it to General Chit Chat... :indeed:

:shakehead

[..]

?

With the chat, you agree on a time to start a new round, the host asks questions, then the first to give the right anwser gets a point. With timestamps (I assume there are timestamps, I've never ventured into the chat), it's easy to determine who gets the points.

Edit:

But never mind.

Edited by Sméagol

I was more or less joking anyway. I was originally going to suggest some sort of buzzer app :rolleyes:.

5 is Kuru Kuru Kururin

Surprised no one got that one. At least I get a point from an easy round (to which I was late)

The scores after Round 5:

Magnus - 12

Jonnas - 6

darksnowman - 6

Dog-amoto - 5

D_prOdigy - 5

mcj metroid - 5

Cube - 3

Dyson - 2

Patch - 2

Smeagol - 2

Aimless - 1

Coolness Bears - 1

/ nando / - 1

MoogleViper - 1

Fused King - 1

Ok, to be fair to everyone. I will post a new round tomorrow night at 8pm UK time

Ok, to be fair to everyone. I will post a new round tomorrow night at 8pm UK time

By "fair to everyone" you mean a time I won't be online. :cry:

..wow.. I'm well off the pace here :eek: I wondered how the 'snowman was up on 6 points and now see that I managed to miss an entire round..

Edited by nekunando

Ok, name a time that is best for everyone. My next round is ready now.

Sometime before say, four tomorrow? So I can get a look at them at work. Not that I'll know any...!

..wow.. I'm well off the pace here :eek: I wondered how the 'snowman was up on 6 points and now see that I managed to miss an entired round..

Oh its on.