NEurope
jayseven

New Year's Eve Plans?

No plans here either. Jim and I are going to Ikea today, and then for tonight we're probably staying in playing games and drinking some cider or something. =P

Never gone out/done anything for New Years Eve so not too bothered about it. Doesn't feel like anything special to me.

I was just going to a house party.

A recent text seems to have changed that completely, I am now going to a house party with a bouncy fucking castle!*

*language used for emphasis, hopefully nothing of the sort shall be taking place on said castle.

Lol I remember one NYE - Dan invited me out with his mates to Bears And Bungalows pub/club/bar thing. At about half 11 I went outside for a smoke, had a chat with a passing friend then was told by the bouncers that I had to join the queue to get back in -- it had already taken like 30 mins of queueing to get inside and this time the queue was way bigger. I had to send Dan an apology text, and instead picked up a crate of 12 cans of cider on the way home and drank the evening in while watching six feet under. As the clock struck twelve I started cheering and singing, in my drunken state. Can't remember where shorty/nami were on that occasion.

You peeps are so fail for being so meh about it.

Lol I remember one NYE - Dan invited me out with his mates to Bears And Bungalows pub/club/bar thing. At about half 11 I went outside for a smoke, had a chat with a passing friend then was told by the bouncers that I had to join the queue to get back in -- it had already taken like 30 mins of queueing to get inside and this time the queue was way bigger. I had to send Dan an apology text, and instead picked up a crate of 12 cans of cider on the way home and drank the evening in while watching six feet under. As the clock struck twelve I started cheering and singing, in my drunken state. Can't remember where shorty/nami were on that occasion.

You peeps are so fail for being so meh about it.

Wasn't B&B about half an hour away anyway? Seems like an impressive feat to get from there to home via an offy.

Anyway some of us have work at 8:30 in the morning yo! And my only real invite was 150 miles away.

Hopefully next year I shall have some steady income so I don't have to work over the Christmas period and I'll do something a bit more exciting. Although at this very moment I feel sleepy and sore so not in the partying mood anyway :p

BUT FRET NOT! I have gin.

Edited by Ashley

The only great NYE experience I've had was the december of 2008 when I was in first year, and I had just gotten back to halls after first semester. There was only myself and a couple other mates, so we decided to suit up and have a bit of a poker sesh with cigars that my friend had brought back from Canada. Ended up about half a bottle of gin in, and then the guys next door invited us to have a spliff, which we did, and then headed off to westminster to check out the fireworks. The doob hit me on the way there, and I was so utterly shitfaced that I was borderline incontinent.

Got there, and headed to the front of the riverbank so as to get a better view, and the only thing I remember from that point onwards is literally ducking my head into a womans open handbag and puking into it, incredibly violently, and then running away.

Fell asleep on the tube home, and apparently a group of chinese people were putting hats on me and taking pictures:

n512967160_1642820_4596.jpg

I would be up for doing something, but I've turned into a hermit and barely ever go out these days. Also, I'm in Saudi Arabia. So shits out of the question.

Probably sleeping.. how exciting am i?

Never got the whole nye thing.. its expensive, and feels like a way to make you feel like shit if you haven't got THE BEST PLANS EVAR (or someone to snog at the stroke of midnight).

Meh. So unessential.

I just use it as an excuse for a party. It's cheap and so it's good. I've only ever snogged someone on New Years once too so that's not a requisite of the night either.

I don't like going out/don't understand why things end in "going out" when you can stay at home, with your friends (just your friends...no one else) and talk and hear each other etc.

Having said that, I won't be with friends lol.

I think Claires family are going out, so it will just be Claire and I *raises one eyebrow* and we will possibly watch a movie/TV and we are definitely getting take away.

We have been discussing what to get for the past three days. I want Dominos within the near future but possibly for tonight would prefer Chinese/Indian.

Oh and some theme park site I'm on is having a redesign tonight, so I might look at that.

God I'm uncool.

Me and Goaf are just hanging out around here. Planning on getting a load of party food then watching movies, playing on the PS3. Ive never been big on going out for New Years. As ReZ said id much rather be somewhere with my friends where I can hear them.

1. Stay in

2. Play Need For Speed all night

3. ????

4. Profit!

House partaaaaaaaay. I will be drunk and it will be fun. Though I'm already hungover today.

I for one enjoy going to a party/ going out on New Years.

Well I was going to go round my mates place, as all my other friends will be there, but I'm feeling rough (have been all week), so I've told him I'm not going.

Same thing I do every year... Try to take over the world!

Go to my Aunt/Uncle's house. As boring as it sounds on paper it's always great fun. The entire family come together and there are plenty of cousins etc. who are my age (plus siblings) who I get on very well with so it's always fun. I'm looking forward to it :D

Plus there's always a lot of old people drunk...the best!

To me, NYE has always, always, always been a wonderful experience. No two seem to have ever been the same. I've just realised how epically long this post is... but yeah, I guess NYE is one of my favourite days of the year and yet I never get excited for it or plan anything, and each year I have a totally new experience.

And this is exactly the reason why you have a great experience every year. When people go out to town on NYE, they always expect so friggin' much because it's been hyped more than a Zelda game! :heh:

bluey and I are going to a Cabaret night at our local pub. Contrary to 99% of pubs in the country, this place kicks ass and has the class and organisation to pull this off.

There well be cabaret performances, burlesque and a meal! Check us out!

And we might take a little note book to write funny things about desperate single people that will make us whoop in the morning. Will send pics of costumes soon.

And this is exactly the reason why you have a great experience every year. When people go out to town on NYE, they always expect so friggin' much because it's been hyped more than a Zelda game! :heh:

And you wonder why you're a virgin.

Just a house party for me tonight :)

got my box of budweiser, got my bottle of Vodka and got my cherry coke!

Happy New Year Everyone :)

And you wonder why you're a virgin.

You don't need to pick on me at any given moment, Ashley. Also, how does that even relate to what I wrote?

You don't need to pick on me at any given moment, Ashley. Also, how does that even relate to what I wrote?

You made a Zelda reference.

Geez, lighten up :heh:

You don't need to pick on me at any given moment, Ashley.

How else will he contribute to discussions? ;)

bluey and I are going to a Cabaret night at our local pub. Contrary to 99% of pubs in the country, this place kicks ass and has the class and organisation to pull this off.

There well be cabaret performances, burlesque and a meal! Check us out!

And we might take a little note book to write funny things about desperate single people that will make us whoop in the morning. Will send pics of costumes soon.

Madame Jojo's, by any chance?

Looks like I'm now going to be watching telly in bed and vomiting in to a bucket for the night.

I didn't know that there was a Loose Women New Year Special on.