NEurope
jayseven

New Year's Eve Plans?

Duh.

Well tonight I'm going to a murder mystery dinner party organised by my mates - they've printed out booklets and are providing three courses of posh grub (8oz ribeye steak for the main, :P) and wine and champagne. Paid £15 for it, but surely worth it.

My character is Horatio Cunningham, rear-admiral (have your lols), but due to financial crisis I can't afford to dress up proper. However I've got suited up with a large overcoat and a bowler hat. I may look more like a bank manager, but hey.

As for the MAIN EVENT tomorrow night, I'm training up to London to a mate's bedsit, where 4-5 of us are going to get mega drunk and play nerdy games like catan, Go, chess, fluxx, blockus, and probably try to set up a game of drinking battleship.

Mates in brighton are going out, because they're insane and made of money.

I can't even remember what I did last NYE.

Anyone got plans?

I have a party at my friend's newly moved in house out in Lucan. It's sure to be great fun, but then tomorrow I'll have to spend it with the family. Oh well.

No plans, or big ones at least. My two youngest sisters is at that age where they scream, yell, run and everything else that's above 200 decibel so I got fed up and went back to my student flat to enjoy what little is left of my vacation. Will probably just watch skiing and dvd series and then go out for half an hour to watch the firework. Pretty sure I'm the only one who came back already so I doubt I will be going out.

That sounds really awesome, jay! :D

My parents are just having a friend couple over for dinner, then we'll go outside to watch the fireworks at midnight. No big plans for a night our or anything, just how I like it. :)

I'm watching the Extended Edition Blu-Ray of Avatar on my Step Dad's projector with either an Indian or Chinese meal.

I love murder mystery nights! So much giggles will be had!

Tomorrow I am going back to Sheffield, then going shopping with the girls to spend a bucket load of money, then I'll be getting steadily piddled until I have to get ready, head to my friends, more drinking and then we'll be heading out to Corporation (rock club).

Then New years day, we're doing a roast together to cure the hangover.

I will of course, love that until work sunday. :D

I have...no plans. I have an absolutely terrible track record with NYE and generally have a miserable time. One might suggest I have beef with the whole thing. Ergo, pub may be visited but I'm certainly not going out and have no intention whatsoever of partying till late.

Forced joviality can bite my ass.

Just going to a simple house party, which unfortunately is likely to turn into a night out. I mean WTF, everywhere is fucking expensive :/

Going out clubbing on New Years is only worth it if you're going somewhere completely different, like another town.

Edited by Serebii

Me and the g/f will be going down the pub to meet up with mates, and we'll try and find a party to crash from there.

Jodie invited me to her parents to do "champagne and hot tub"...I'm 150(ish) miles away :(

Going to Fab Café in Leeds for their Nintendo New Year celebrations, which sounds totally awesome. Went to get tickets today, and the barmaid who served me is dressing up as a blue Pikmin, and I now feel inadequate knowing that I have no costume. DAMN IT.

Also, like Ashley, I was invited to a hot tub party by a girl who rebounded on me last week. She lives in Hartlepool. Fail!

Probably sleeping.. how exciting am i?

Never got the whole nye thing.. its expensive, and feels like a way to make you feel like shit if you haven't got THE BEST PLANS EVAR (or someone to snog at the stroke of midnight).

Meh. So unessential.

I won't be going out, why pay the outrageous prices they charge on New Years Eve just to celebrate another impending year of Death, Taxes and Political Catastrophes.

Well, i shall be having myself a relatively cheap night out. By that, i mean a free one. I'll be at my local attending a New Years Party. Tickets are £15 each, i'll be getting in for free. And i shall be having a few free drinks as well. Comes as an advantage of being on the committee really.

House Party again this year. Not going to get as drunk as last year as new years day ended up being a write off. Bed ridden till like 8pm with drink induced illness like I was 15. Managed to watch like 4 films though which was good.

House Parties are so much better than going out somewhere which will be packed, expensive, full of idiots and a mare to get home from.

Is this your first murder mystery?

My third! First was based on a cassette a mate found at a car boot in sheffield; was a football-themed one. Second was a performance by a local theatre group, in combination with some sort of cooking class. They put on an average performance and school-dinner food, but the atmosphere was great fun. This time two of my friends came up with teh script and the menu from scratch and it was an utterly brilliant night :) They're thinking of doing a wild west one next time. I'm tempted to help them with script/characters (probably based on my mafiawesome: San luis Six :P) as they had a few errors this time... but there's not really anything to gain from it.

Probably sleeping.. how exciting am i?

Never got the whole nye thing.. its expensive, and feels like a way to make you feel like shit if you haven't got THE BEST PLANS EVAR (or someone to snog at the stroke of midnight).

Meh. So unessential.

I've had so many memorable new year's that it's hard to agree with you. My core personality would probably agree, but I think that if I sat down and worked it out I could probably tell you precisely where I was for each NYE for the last 20 years; each has been so memorable for one reason or another.

The one time at my mum's friend's house where I first heard Auld Lang's Syne (or whatever it's called) and we got the dog drunk (I was like 6 years old), or the time at my (then) best friend's house where we conga'd down the street at the stroke of midnight - that is, a line of adults, and I would've been 10 at the most - or the time I organised a gathering down at the lagoon, everyone said maybe then 30+ people turned up and we all did shots in the park and celebrated midnight several times as none of us had correct watches, or the time when I was one of three kids and the other two were obsessed with duke nukem -- or at least paying the pixellated strippers to show us their jagged boobs over and over and over and over and...

The time when a bunch of us were at a mate's desolate house - his mum and nan had died and he'd inherited two houses, one of which was whitewashed but had no furniture. We sat in the front bedroom playing games and essentially having a picnic, not realising the new year had dawned 'til about 1am.

The time I was on IRC chatting to n-ers, ready to spend the evening there -- then a mate invites me over last-minute (god bless MSN) and like 8 of us stumble into his house and get the msot drunk any of us had at the time (16 at the time i think)

Or the time at my old house where my mum hosted and had loads of adults and one of her friends threw up on my shoes and another of her friends secretly fed me vodka and lemonade (aged... sub-10 again!)

One year I hosted a party (18?) and my girlfriend, bless her soul, got extremely pissed. I spent the entrance to the new year wishing ym unconscious girlfriend a happy new year and kissing her forehead after she broke a bottle of vodka. The previous year I hosted it and spent it out the back of my house smoking weed, eating a kebab and, with two mates, cursing the stupid people in my house.

To me, NYE has always, always, always been a wonderful experience. No two seem to have ever been the same. I've just realised how epically long this post is... but yeah, I guess NYE is one of my favourite days of the year and yet I never get excited for it or plan anything, and each year I have a totally new experience.

Probably sleeping here for once. My sleeping pattern is fucked and I imagine one sip of alcohol past the time of 4pm will put me straight to sleep

As of now, staying in and popping to see my girlfriend for the crossover, give her a new years kiss then come back home.