NEurope
The Bard

Hipster Hitler

I don't think I have enough knowledge about Hitler or Hipsters to find that comic funny.

Hipster can be an easily overused term though, that's the problem.

2010-12-20.jpg

So happy to see soemone else is reading this comic.

Or, you know, you have no soul?

OR, this shit ain't funny.

When I say "OR", I obviously mean "because". And by "because" I mean, "this shit really is not funny at all."

Edited by Diageo

There is a very specific group I identify as proper hipsters- it's really all about very particular areas of East London. I almost didn't believe it till I went there myself and...fucking hell they're everywhere.

It's basically this:

This is up there with amazing.

You're right Rez, out of everything in this thread. That video is actually funny.

I think you just need...what's it called now...

...ah, a sense of humour.

I would need way more than that. It would probably require a mental deficiency to find this comic funny.

I would need way more than that. It would probably require a mental deficiency to find this comic funny.

The fact that you exist disproves your own hypothesis.

The fact that you exist disproves your own hypothesis.

Yet it still isn't funny.

And it would be the fact I don't find it funny that would disprove it, not the fact I exist.

Yet it still isn't funny.

Didn't you say yourself that you don't know enough about the content of the comic to find it funny? If this is the case, why not just move on? Or better yet, learn something.

Says the man who posted "gems" like this in the Jokes Thread.

Can you imagine what would happen if I got caught up in a hypothetical situation?

Save money this Christmas by simply buying your kids an Easter egg each, and telling them they overslept.

A light year. Just like a regular year, but with fewer calories.

So, I got "Inception" on DVD for Christmas. Had to open 4 DVD cases to get to the disk though.

I asked Santa for something to wear and something to play with.I got a pair of trousers with holes in the pockets.

This comic strip requires a cultural and historical competence which you obviously lack. Some of them are actually quite smart. So if anything, a 'mental deficiency' is the last thing you need. In this case, quite specifically you.

tumblr_l7mbs2yDE51qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

Edited by Daft
Isn't it ironic? Probably. Not.

Didn't you say yourself that you don't know enough about the content of the comic to find it funny? If this is the case, why not just move on? Or better yet, learn something.

Says the man who posted "gems" like this in the Jokes Thread.

This comic strip requires a cultural and historical competence which you obviously lack. Some of them are actually quite smart. So if anything, a 'mental deficiency' is the last thing you need. In this case, quite specifically you.

tumblr_l7mbs2yDE51qzzhzdo1_500.jpg

I did say it at the start. And I would have left it too, but then some people wanted to argue against me. Are you offended, is that why you took your time to go after jokes I posted to attempt to make it like I have no humour?

You're right, I don't have the Hitler knowledge or the Hipster knowledge to find it funny. My cultural competence of Hitler is sorely missed. Many are the days when my life is affected by Hitler like scenarios that I regret never doing History classes.

You don't need to take a course to learn history. There are some excellent documentaries available on WWII, and watching just one or two of the right ones would give you more than enough knowledge to appreciate most of these comics.

You don't need to take a course to learn history. There are some excellent documentaries available on WWII, and watching just one or two of the right ones would give you more than enough knowledge to appreciate most of these comics.
That's OK, I'll live.

Right, then you're probably better off not suggesting everyone else here has a mental deficiency.

Right, then you're probably better off not suggesting everyone else here has a mental deficiency.
Calm down, people can live perfectly normal and happy lives with mental deficiencies.

I'm perfectly calm, and I understand that. You were the one trying to use it as an insult earlier, not me.

I'm perfectly calm, and I understand that. You were the one trying to use it as an insult earlier, not me.
It was a joke, not an insult. You can feel better at night now.

I actually really like this comic after looking through a few of them. I think it's the T shirt slogans that make it for me.

'Weimar Guitar Gently Weeps'

'Catcher In The Rhine'

'Under Prussia'

'1941: A Race Odyssey'

Brilliant.