NEurope
jayseven

What Did You Get For Xmas?

Wooooo!

Today I exchanged gifts with a few friends. Got lots of win!

- Rhino Poo

- Catan Expansion pack (!!!)

- Saw!

- Hammer!

- Tape measure! (I am to make a bird house, a guineapig run, a tortoise run)

- Clay to make some awesome things with

- T-shirt that says "Let's press things!"

- Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals.

- A jigsaw... with no picture aaaah!

- Inception on DVD ftw

- Blackberry Liqueor

Lots of win. Genuinely surprised at the range of awesome things I got. Real pleasure. Hope I didn't forget anything...

Of course, the Big Day isn't upon us just yet. Please let us know what you got so we can compare our piles of love.

From my class, I received:

- An Animal t-shirt from one of the girls! (fuck yeah!)

- 2 pairs of Animal socks (I see a theme here. Well done, I r proud little humans)

- A mug/cup which said "best teacher in the world"

- a stationery set!

- a little guitar that plays automated musicings

- a box of cookies that came in a wallace and gromit tin!

- about...12 or so boxes of chocolates.

Of course, the Big Day isn't upon us just yet. Please let us know what you got so we can compare our piles of love.

Is it wrong that I totally see an innuendo there?

What I've got for christmas is about 6 hours at work :(

What I've got for christmas is about 6 hours at work :(

5 hours for me. Oh well, someone's gotta do it...

I personally ain't got shit yet. Parents have gotten things though, for instance Blackberry Wine (in an odd coincidence as you got something similar).

Also, hell yea Catan expansions! Let me tell you though, Vanilla Catan vs. Seafarers, or Cities and Knights make for vastly different games. I don't know how Traders and Barbarians plays though.

Which expansion did you get?

I got Traders and barbarians! It looks really, really, really confusing. There are all these 'scenarios' you're meant to play. It comes with so much new stuff, cards, pieces, tiles, etc... it's scary just to look at! I will probably get a game in on NYE and I'll try and let you know. I think my mate has one of the other expansions for christmas (it was him and his girlfriend that got me mine, and she had a present for him that looked to be a similar shaped box) so we'll see. I have a mate with catan and the 5-6 expansion but nobody I know has any of the proper expansion sets. But yeah - this expansion looks massive! Really looking forward to it :)

As a present to myself I bought this;

blokus.jpg

blokus.jpg

blokus.JPG

... It's really good fun. Only had one game but it has such potential!

What exactly do you do in that Jay?

If that's what the man wants to call rhino shit, so be it. :p

Thus far I've gotten Donkey Kong Country Returns and these weird heart things which if you snap the metal in them crystals form and it heats up.

Thus far I've gotten Donkey Kong Country Returns and these weird heart things which if you snap the metal in them crystals form and it heats up.

I have them both but I'm getting Donkey Kong Country Returns tomorrow. Those snap thingys are great, they really do the trick.

Right now, I just got a box of chocolates from my mate that I can't eat. :(

So far I have got:

Monty Python's Flying Circus Season Two (uni secret Santa)

Skullcandy cans (from Jodie)

So pretty good so far (even if Skullcandy wouldn't be my first choice I needed new headphones so it all worked out). I get the feeling I'll get very little tomorrow due to Royal Fail.

Oh and Barclays finally gave me my loan after three months if that counts :p

Why do any of you know what your presents are before christmas day?! You're ruining the fucking magic, man!

Why do any of you know what your presents are before christmas day?! You're ruining the fucking magic, man!

Because my girlfriend and I won't see each other Christmas Day, so we decided to swap gifts last night. I'll be with Mummy and step daddy tomorrow. Then working on Boxing Day then going to see Daddy and step mummy. Busy busy.

Mine were from presents exchanged with friends that I won't see tomorrow (or in the case of Jodie and classmates, not for the best part of a month or two) so neh! Plus the headphones and gin weren't wrapped and the DVD was wrapped in a sheet of animation paper (which is partially transparent) so there was no way to avoid it really.

Oh and a friend gave me some gin :D

Edited by Ashley

My main present turned up this morning, so nice to finally join the rest of the world in HD land!

SDC10394.jpg

Wait....you were playing your PS3 in SD all this time?

You take it in turns to put a piece of your colour onto the board. You start by putting one down in your corner, then you have to connect to that piece via the corners of both pieces... It sounds a little complicated but it's very straightforward and you quickly realise there's a lot of tactics at your disposal! It's really hard to dispose of all your pieces.

A game lasts 20-30 mins (wouldn't be so long if people didn't spend ages thinking) and the way the scoring works means you aught to play several games in one sitting. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Yeah! Rhino poo! Comes with a banana seed so I can grow a banana tree, allegedly. It's from the National Geographic company so it's legit... I think...

I was debating this with my girlfriend. I say debate; I posed the question and she told me how it was. Essentially she wanted to open the presents with me there.

Yep, 20" SD tv

Holy shiiiiiiiit! Go play all your PS3 games again!!

So far:

- £100 (from my boss, plus I got paid a week early)

Tomorrow I'm expecting

- Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu-Ray)

- Inception (Blu-Ray) (Actually, I ordered this myself, then gave it to my Grandma so she can give it to me)

Edit: I remember coming home for a week a few years ago and having to use my Xbox 360 on a 14" "Portable" CRT TV.

Holy shiiiiiiiit! Go play all your PS3 games again!!

Thats the plan. I havent played any PS3 games properly for most of Dec in preperation for the new TV.

I remember coming home for a week a few years ago and having to use my Xbox 360 on a 14" "Portable" CRT.

Haha, they don't seem so portable anymore do they?

Edited by Caris

At the moment I've only received a little fairy statue from a friend, but another friend has got me the ultimate watchmen collection.

But because he's in Ireland I won't get it til the end of January :( I shall update tomorrow!