NEurope
Diageo

Anniversaries

What if they just celebrate the event and don't call it an anniversary, is that all right with you?

That's fine, but don't call it an anniversary

Can someone change the thread title to, "Anniversaries and other significant amounts of time for a relationship," to appease Serebii here?

I knew there was a joke there somewhere but I couldn't think of one :p

Neither could ReZ apparently.

Seriously...Who invented anniversaries? It's like Valentines day - an excuse to sell shit to the masses. But it's 'ok' because it's all about celebrating the good times. Just remember the person/event/thing in your head and be thankful for whatever it is in your own time.

I don't bother with anniversaries due to the fact that most people get soppy over these things when I would argue that time is a different concept to each individual and there are infinite possibilities of when you can celebrate something together.

Thus, marking it on Bede's 12month time-chart to highlight a point (such as Mario haunting us for 25 years or having to pretend that his farting and belching is still "what makes him, 'him") seems terribly un-human to me.

Be thankful everyday for what you have/remember the anniversaries of yesterday, today. She/you/he will feel better for it.