NEurope
Diageo

Your dead body

I'm sending my ashes to Santa. He'll then feed them to his reindeer who will promptly do a shit on Diego's bed on Christmas Eve.

Failing that, stick a nuke in my stomach and airbomb me somewhere. Like in Con Air but with real results.

I want to be sent into space, so there's the possibility that extra terrestrials would find me and use their technology to revive me.

Failing that, burn me on a pyre. My organs are useless anyway

I think everyone should have to be an organ donor. It's incredibly selfish not to be.

I agreeeee.

Yeah there was a story once where loads of relatives of dead people got really upset because a hospital had been keeping brains before returning the bodies for burial. It didn't hurt them before they knew. As I heard someone say "they were upset because their husband's brain was in a jar, not in a ditch."

I fully expect to be a multi-millionaire before I die, so I will be frozen until they figure out how to bring me back to life.

I think everyone should have to be an organ donor. It's incredibly selfish not to be.

What about those of us whos organs have been affected by steroids in order to kill certain conditions?

I don't mind being an organ donor, they can take whatever is good (if anything :p), but I want to be cremated just because I can't stand the idea of rotting away and being eaten by maggots. Not that it matters since I'm not going to feel it but ew, just eew...

True, but it is a pity. My liver is probably shot to death, same for my kidneys. Lungs are ok though. But i don't think my heart is though, it's been broken enough times.

Hence i think the only organ that is at 100% is the most useless, the appendix.

I'm planning on being a donor one day. I do know some people who are signed up as donors and have plans to wreck every organ.

I think everyone should have to opt OUT of being a donor.

I'm a donor. My parents I think were bothered when they found out, but yeah I think it is a helpful thing to do.

I haven't really thought about my death and plan to keep it that way.

I think in Belgium everyone is automatically an organ donor, but the reality is that the family will usually say no when they get asked about it. Only if you (the deceased one) have a special form stating you are a donor will the family not have any say in it.

I plan to pick this up at some point when I go for my driving license probably heh... So that when I die in a horrible car crash they can at least re-use my organs. =P

As for what happens to me, cremation is fine by me. None of this being stuck in a coffin shit. Set me on fire and throw my ashes into the wind. Best way to get rid of garbage haha.

I'd like to be buried I think. I like the idea of having a headstone and a grave that family/friends/fans can visit.

I'm happy to donate organs but I haven't registered as a donor or whatever

It would be lol if you had to be an organ donor in order to receive an organ should you need one. And no backsies, so you can't get an organ if you're not organ donor before you need the organ, then you change your mind and want to be. That'd serve em' right.

I would automatically say cremation for me because it's the tradition in my cultural background. Upon further consideration I don't really like the idea of my ashes being crammed into a pot and stuck into a cupboard-type space, so I'd like to be scattered in some beautiful place in nature I enjoyed (haven't found such a place yet). I like the thought of being totally freed and no one having to visit and tend to my grave and bring flowers and crap. I'd like everyone to move on and lead good, productive lives instead of mourning my grave (if they mourn at all).

Though...would scattering ashes in open spaces be considered littering? :S

Though...would scattering ashes in open spaces be considered littering? :S

Yeah I've been arrested for this many times.

Yeah I've been arrested for this many times.

You're an escaped convict?? Maybe we shouldn't talk anymore... :blank:

I'm surprised. It's not obligatory in the UK?

I think in Belgium everyone is automatically an organ donor, but the reality is that the family will usually say no when they get asked about it. Only if you (the deceased one) have a special form stating you are a donor will the family not have any say in it.

In Portugal, it's obligatory, too. Those who do not wish to donate organs upon death (for whatever reason) should register with the Health Ministry.

However, unlike in Belgium, the family has absolutely no say in the matter (unless the deceased is a minor or disabled).

Odd. For once, I agree with my country's laws, as opposed to its equivalent in other European countries

As for myself... after removing my organs, my family should do whatever they wish with my body (as this decision will affect them more than me, anyway).

I believe they'll bury me properly, with a fancy gravestone. Couldn't ask for more, really.

Cremation does seem the way forward, as the UK is running out of burial plots. That would be joint 1st as the worst thing to occur to me, being buried alive. 6ft under, still alive and no-one can hear you.

I'm not fussed as i said what happens to me. I don't want my family paying for disposing of me, well they will anyway no matter what i choose. Cremation is quicker, cheaper and easier.

Would being cremated alive not be worse?

Wouldn't last as long. I'd take that over being buried alive anyday.

Buried alive would be painless. You could hold your breath until you passed out, and then drift into death in your sleep. Instead of experiencing agonising pain.

Buried alive would be painless. You could hold your breath until you passed out, and then drift into death in your sleep. Instead of experiencing agonising pain.

Agonising pain from? Wouldn't passing out from lack of oxygen be the same as passing out from holding your breath?

Agonising pain from? Wouldn't passing out from lack of oxygen be the same as passing out from holding your breath?

Agonising pain from cremation.

And I guess so, but one of them you don't have to wait in the dark for ages.

I want to have my brain put in the tummy of a robot corpse and drive it around. Pretty much Krang from turtles. The rest of my body can be cut up and used for the benefit of others.

I agree on the donor thing too, it should be opt out. I have no problem with my bits being used but haven't bothered to register, I'm sure many are the same.

I want to have my brain put in the tummy of a robot corpse and drive it around. Pretty much Krang from turtles. The rest of my body can be cut up and used for the benefit of others.

I agree on the donor thing too' date=' it should be opt out. I have no problem with my bits being used but haven't bothered to register, I'm sure many are the same.[/quote']

didn't you have the option on your driving licence?