NEurope
Diageo

Your dead body

So after you die, do you care what happens?

Will you donate your organs, do you want to be buried, do you want to be cremated, do you want your ashes spread across the grand canyon, do you want a funeral, do you want a fancy tombstone, do you care?

I just don't like the concept of, "making things up in your head".

I don't expect everyone to start telling everyone around the world that they don't care about burial plans, or to not allow their friends to believe they have plans. I'm not going to tell my friends about my plans.

I think it makes friends only think about the funeral, instead of giving credit to their loved ones who got them the gift of life. I think it instils the idea onto everyone that they are only loved, and will receive love, if they are good. Which is conditional love. It seems more like a disciplining technique so that the blame doesn't go on the individual, but on God. He's the bad guy if they don't behave, and parents threaten their children by saying God will give them death.

I also highly dislike people believing in things, because they like it or it makes them happy. It may sound cruel, but I think people should find things that make them happy in the real world, instead of creating delusions to keep them content.

I also dislike the way children think it's all right to have God watch them every minute of every day, even when sleeping. And that kills you in the middle of your life. Children are all trusting when they see someone dressed as God, and they could easily be killed this way.

I think parents should get death to focus on them, and interacting with their children, than making it all about funeral plans.

They're not all very serious things that I think will ruin kids because of it. I just think there are more negatives than positives.

When I die I'd like to be fired into the sun. I'd be that guy who was fired into the sun.

Tbh they can do whatever they want to my body after I'm dead, if it helps people to cut me up and take my organs then so be it. I don't want an expensive funeral, that would be such a waste of money, especially on something which makes everyone sad. No point spending money on me after I'm dead.

Edited by heroicjanitor

Cremation, then my ashes will be buried under a tree planted at Hove Lagoon, with a plaque signifying my awesomeness.

I just don't like the concept of, "making things up in your head".

I don't expect everyone to start telling everyone around the world that they don't care about burial plans, or to not allow their friends to believe they have plans. I'm not going to tell my friends about my plans.

I think it makes friends only think about the funeral, instead of giving credit to their loved ones who got them the gift of life. I think it instils the idea onto everyone that they are only loved, and will receive love, if they are good. Which is conditional love. It seems more like a disciplining technique so that the blame doesn't go on the individual, but on God. He's the bad guy if they don't behave, and parents threaten their children by saying God will give them death.

I also highly dislike people believing in things, because they like it or it makes them happy. It may sound cruel, but I think people should find things that make them happy in the real world, instead of creating delusions to keep them content.

I also dislike the way children think it's all right to have God watch them every minute of every day, even when sleeping. And that kills you in the middle of your life. Children are all trusting when they see someone dressed as God, and they could easily be killed this way.

I think parents should get death to focus on them, and interacting with their children, than making it all about funeral plans.

They're not all very serious things that I think will ruin kids because of it. I just think there are more negatives than positives.

LOL.

Do you want me to not make threads?

I want to be ground up and made in to sausages, and have my friends go and place them on supermarket shelves.

Haha! That's like something that would happen in China (rats being sold as meat, fake plastic eggs being sold as real eggs, etc.). Hopefully you'd get your friends to film someone buying it, too :p

LOL.

Do you want me to not make threads?

I want you to stop being so down on Santa!

But in terms of my actual send off I decided a while back that I want this playing:

And I decided today I don't want hymns. Nobody actually enjoys them and they're so dreary.

I want you to stop being so down on Santa!

But in terms of my actual send off I decided a while back that I want this playing:

And I decided today I don't want hymns. Nobody actually enjoys them and they're so dreary.

Who can I be down on?

Your boyfriend when that pesky mother of yours finally leaves that house she owns, the insensitive bitch.

When the time comes I'm going to kill myself by riding a motorcycle off the back of a plane into a nuclear explosion.

If you can still harvest my organs after that, knock yourself out.

Your boyfriend when that pesky mother of yours finally leaves that house she owns, the insensitive bitch.
She doesn't own it, it's rented.

Fucking should too though.

I'm on the donating register... anything after that can be used to further science. Small ceremony (if I still have family when I die) and scattered somewhere peaceful.

I just shudder at the idea of burying bodies in a box only a humans height below the surface...

I'm on the donating register... anything after that can be used to further science. Small ceremony (if I still have family when I die) and scattered somewhere peaceful.

I just shudder at the idea of burying bodies in a box only a humans height below the surface...

Why? .

I'm on the organ donor register, however I would also be fine with the following -

- scientific research

- cannibalism in a desperate situation

- the construction of a cyborg

- being turned into a comfortable fireside throw-rug

- being used as a barricade/sandbag in the event of invasion or natural disaster

- imbuing a prototype military aircraft with my brain's organically produced, sentient conciousness

- having my corpse dropped onto Mel Gibson from tremendous height, killing him instantaneously

Edited by gaggle64

If I ever get a terminal disease. I'm having a funeral while I'm a live a la Michael J. Fox in Boston Legal.

Then cremation I guess, no need to waste burial space for someone who doesn't care.

I wish to be frozen until death is cured. Can't be too far away i think.

In reality though, i don't care what happens to me. But i have a plan as to how i could be disposed of. I'll give my money and estate away (to family and friends. Also i'll tell them to dis-own knowing me as well). I'll do all this before i die, so that when the council find me they will be forced to pay for my funeral. Hey, i pay my taxes and want something in return. I know it will be a cheap-ass funeral, but it will save the family a lot of bother.

Not really read thread, but I'd like as much of my organs to go to good use if they could(maybe not my liver, lawlz) and then the rest of me cremated and my ashes spread somewhere awesome though I'll be honest I'm not sure where that is yet.

I want to be dragged around Weekend at Bernie's style for a few days at least. After that the crows can have me for all I care. Something involving a catapult would be nice.

Not really read thread, but I'd like as much of my organs to go to good use if they could(maybe not my liver, lawlz) and then the rest of me cremated and my ashes spread somewhere awesome though I'll be honest I'm not sure where that is yet.

This is pretty much my opinion on the matter as well.

I still can't handle the concept of my own death - on one hand I'd rather be buried than cremated since then your body is "intact", and obviously I can't fathom the thought of my body/mind not existing. But then were the mind to live on after death (which it clearly doesn't, but yeah), I hate claustrophobia.

FUFUFUFUFUFU