NEurope
S.C.G

Gettin' down with the sickness...

I've had this cold for about a week. It's more a niggling annoyance than anything. But it's an excuse not to have to do errands outside for my mother. Not that I would do them anyway.

I've had an aggressive sinus infection for about 6 months - my nose is full of gunky blood pretty much 24/7

Boy that First Defence stuff works. I feel great, no cold (so far). The bottle says it may temporally cause more snot to form and temporary stinging, it is a sign the stuff works.

Only draw-back so far, is that you tend to sneeze within 5 minutes of taking it.

On a similar note, all my mates seemed to be ill yesterday. So i was out with no-one to chat to.

I've been ill with very agressive Flu (Swine Flu, I'd guess) since last Saturday and it's the worst I've ever been in my life. The worst days were Monday and Tuesday, when I had uncontrollable shaking and the almost total inability to breathe. Those nights were the worst of my life. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

I'm massively better now (couldn't even sit upright at its worst), but I've still got a monstrous cough and have to keep my chest warm.

I'm massively better now (couldn't even sit upright at its worst), but I've still got a monstrous cough and have to keep my chest warm.

This basically sums up how I feel now, loads better than I have been but still got an irritating cough to content with so keeping warm is a must as it's still pretty cold here atm.

I've got a migraine from hell.... I'd take a drill to my head right now if I thought it would ease the pain...

Whats worse is the vomit reflex.. when you've got a lot of pressure bearing down on your head you have a vomit reflex constantly.. even when you have nothing left to remove out of your stomach.. nargh >_>

That sounds terrible Raining. I didn't know migraines could make you throw up.

That sounds terrible Raining. I didn't know migraines could make you throw up.

Migraines can make you feel really sick even if you weren't feeling even slightly iffy before having one because it's constant, with a headache it's just 'pain' and it's 'there' as you can frequently feel it but from what I understand Migraine pain is literally constant as in you don't really get a break from the pain at all plus things like noise and strong lights - especially sunlight - can make things even worse.

Effectively, because the pain is so bad and because the root of the pain it in the head it starts to affect your entire body, why it makes you feel sick etc... they are particularly nasty and so much worse than a headache.

migraines are basically connections in your brain dying (temporarily) which can cause one to go blind/deaf/lose all sense of balance in the very severe cases.

I've got most of my function at the moment, im just not able to keep anything down which is a bummer on boxing day :P

I think this one has been brewing for a while because i was off my food on christmas too which is VERY unlike me :P

I'm just thankful its not a Wikipedia reference-linkcluster headache as i've had a few of them with the most recent of my migraines and I agree with the nickname of "suicide headaches"

I suffer from what could be migraines, I get headaches every so often (used to suffer more regularly when I was younger), but I can continue with what I'm doing usually.

Whereas sometimes, my headache becomes so painful I cannot do anything except lie down take some paracetamol and try to go to sleep. Eating/ moving/ looking at things especially within lighted areas are too troublesome and sometimes I'll be sick later on. From N.O.E.L's description I'd guess they must then be migraines.

As for right now, I'm feeling okay hope everyone feels better soon!

I'm just thankful its not a Wikipedia reference-linkcluster headache as i've had a few of them with the most recent of my migraines and I agree with the nickname of "suicide headaches"

Holy fuck, I literally became scared reading that! :(

I sometimes suffer from what might be migraine-like headaches, though I rarely become oversensitive to light, and I'm not sure they're as bad as real migraines. They're still worse than regular heachaches, though: a constant drilling around my right temple. It's sometimes so bad I feel nauseated, but the worst part about it has to be that it's entirely controlled by my own brain. I have had periods where I had them almost every day because I feared they would come, and they ONLY EVER disappear when I stop thinking about them, i.e. forget them entirely. It's effectively a psychological battle.

Holy fuck, I literally became scared reading that! :(

I sometimes suffer from what might be migraine-like headaches, though I rarely become oversensitive to light, and I'm not sure they're as bad as real migraines. They're still worse than regular heachaches, though: a constant drilling around my right temple. It's sometimes so bad I feel nauseated, but the worst part about it has to be that it's entirely controlled by my own brain. I have had periods where I had them almost every day because I feared they would come, and they ONLY EVER disappear when I stop thinking about them, i.e. forget them entirely. It's effectively a psychological battle.

Oh yes, by those symptoms, they are definitely migraines! Minor ones, but still definitely migraines.. (a headache itself will not give you sensory symptoms) I get those a lot, used to get them daily when I was very ill with them. At that time I was usually able to combat them with over the counter migraine pills (like Migraleve pink & yellow) if I got it quickly.

Nowadays I'm on anti histamine on prescription, which seems to clear the most of it, but I'll get really aggressive migraines every so often.

Mine are triggered by a lot of things; stress, too much sugar, too much noise, using a phone for a long period (work related), too much light, and certain food (caffeinne in particular)

Sometimes you just can't do anything about them and you have to manage as best you can when it does come, sadly :P

:bouncy:

Oh yes, by those symptoms, they are definitely migraines! Minor ones, but still definitely migraines.. (a headache itself will not give you sensory symptoms) I get those a lot, used to get them daily when I was very ill with them. At that time I was usually able to combat them with over the counter migraine pills (like Migraleve pink & yellow) if I got it quickly.

Nowadays I'm on anti histamine on prescription, which seems to clear the most of it, but I'll get really aggressive migraines every so often.

Mine are triggered by a lot of things; stress, too much sugar, too much noise, using a phone for a long period (work related), too much light, and certain food (caffeinne in particular)

Sometimes you just can't do anything about them and you have to manage as best you can when it does come, sadly :P

:bouncy:

No, see, I don't get oversensitive to light when I have them. And I've also felt nauseated by sufficiently painful regular headaches before, so ...

Any way you slice it, though, they're terrible. :heh: I'm just happy I've learnt to control them. :)

This basically sums up how I feel now, loads better than I have been but still got an irritating cough to content with so keeping warm is a must as it's still pretty cold here atm.

How are you feeling now? I've almost got rid of my cough, so am going into work tonight (which feels strange, as I had 11 days off and missed the Christmas period!)

Not sure how I'm going to cope, to be honest. I just normally don't get ill like that.

How are you feeling now?

I must have missed this, well, I was feeling better thanks Grazza - still have a slight cough but ::shrug: - until last night when I started to get a sore throat and this morning it seems to have got worse plus feeling achey again, which isn't a good sign. :hmm:

Had some paracetamol though, gargled with it for a bit and that seems to have eased the feeling - for now - I just hope that I don't end up feeling worse at work later, which ironically I think is where I must have picked up the sore throat from possibly due to others not washing their hands properly - I always wash mine at work/home etc - as I had something to eat in the canteen and I'm sure that it was after that I started to feel slightly rough, so I could have picked up something from touching the cutlery or maybe it was just something airborne. ::shrug:

Anyway, glad to hear that you're feeling better and I wish good health to anyone who is feeling sick atm. :)

I've pretty much been ill for the last two weeks or so. It kinda started on my way to the UK, felt ill on the train, like I was going to faint or throw up. Didn't help that there was no toilet around either so felt miserable all the way. Felt a bit better when I got to the hotel but not massively. Didn't feel like having dinner.

The next day in London I felt like shit. Again felt like I was gonna faint or throw up, and every thought or smell of food would just make me feel urgh. Had to walk back to the hotel to go lay down. Had some dinner in the evening but I couldn't even finish a simple plate of pasta.

Next few days I felt a bit better I think, so didn't think anything was wrong... until New Years Eve when I started coughing. And then New Years day I just felt like shit again, muscles aching, throat hurting, fever, faint, no appetite, dizzy etc. At the moment I'm doing better than I did then, it's mostly just the cough now and general aching in the muscles. And a bit of fever/queasiness from time to time (like right now I feel like I should eat/drink something but I can't get myself to do it).

Being ill sucks. =P

I feel like it has kinda ruined most of this holiday break, as I've spent half of the time in bed asleep/trying to sleep. Ah well...

Got my Swine Flu vaccine today. Fuck you, pigs!

I haven't been ill all this Xmas holiday, but have got a sore throat (or the onset of one, it's not bad yet) right now. Awaiting more pain and suffering to head my way soon.

So I went to work and by the end of my shift I felt about ten times worse... aches have set in as has the obligatory pouding headache and sore throat seems to have intensified. :/

I had some paracetamol a few hours ago which helped immensely, now I think I'm just gonna try and get a good nights sleep and hopefully feel slightly better in the morning...

...bet I end up feeling worse though lol.

Got my Swine Flu vaccine today. Fuck you, pigs!

Are all students entitled to it, or are you special? I'm special - asthma gets me that stuff for free. Yeah, chronic resp condition for the win.

Forgot to get vaccinated this year though, and am now regretting it as luminous green slime flows down from my sinuses.

Are all students entitled to it, or are you special? I'm special - asthma gets me that stuff for free. Yeah, chronic resp condition for the win.

Forgot to get vaccinated this year though, and am now regretting it as luminous green slime flows down from my sinuses.

Weren't they free this year to everyone anyway? must've just been the local surgery here. Either way, Epi = free stuff anyway.