NEurope
S.C.G

Gettin' down with the sickness...

No this isn't a thread about 'Disturbed' unfortunately... :p

It's actually about genuine sickness what with it being that time of years again when flu etc is most common; it would seem that my feeling 'iffy' last night wasn't due to alcohol at all as I've basically caught the start of what the rest of the family have got, which sucks. :(

Basically couldn't stop throwing up at least once an hour since 12am this morning and can't seem to keep anything down - not even water - my mum seemed to suggest that a small amount of lemon juice plus carbonated water helps to settle the stomach, I'm trying it out of desparation atm and it seems to be working but I shan't hold my breath just yet.

So yeah, has anyone else fallen ill this season and do you have any tips for overcoming such illnesses that we could all learn something from?

Thanks for reading. :)

vicks_first_defence_nasal_spray_1608_new_jpg_1608_new.jpg

Seriously... I bought this as a last ditch effort at preventing getting ill for our christmas party, i bought this on Wednesday 15th, with my party being Friday 17th, On wednesday i felt like something was on the cards, had a sore throat, but sniffed this bad boy every 4 hours like suggested and by friday I was fine.

granted after the weekend I now feel rough again, but haven't been using that first defence, I shall be getting back on it, as i've found it worked to prevent a cold.

i guess it wouldn't prevent what you've got though.

hope you get better soon though dude, and especially hope you're better for Christmas.

Currently feel like death barely warmed up- picked up a cough from my mum and my chest is so tight it feels like I've been punched. Gyuuah.

Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to spend my entire day in a call centre.

Had a sore throat and a dead back last Thursday (I believe the back was incidental but it still killed me) and its kind of meandered along since then. I think I'm on the finishing stages, should hopefully be fine tomorrow. But I was stuck in the house from Thursday until yesterday and even yesterday I just left because I had enough.

Fun times.

This blocked nose, cough and stuffy head isn't helping me get my last assignment done. I'm not a happy bunny.

Right... of to the Doc's for me, probably gonna tell me what I allready know - flu or something - I don't really want to even set foot outside but a family appointment has been made so gonna just go and get it over with. :(

I felt the illness GROW as I travelled on a train back from london.

But I'm just at the 'it's just a bit of a runny nose. I'm not really ill' stage.

Just got back from the Doc's and apparently 'I has Norovirus' which is apprently pretty contageous :/ I didn't know I had it obv otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone in there because I'm supposed to stay away from people to prevent it from spreading further.

So basically I'm not going into work until after Christmas but then again, it's not as if I felt capable enough to go in anyway - even without the spreading problem - so I'm not gonna be doing a lot other than staying at home, getting better and most likely reviewing, afterall at least I can still type. :)

The rest of my family have a rather nasty chest infection, though I'm the more contageous apparently :( but it seems like we'll be avoiding each other - eithin reason - until we start to feel batter.

Just got back from the Doc's and apparently 'I has Norovirus' which is apprently pretty contageous :/ I didn't know I had it obv otherwise I probably wouldn't have gone in there because I'm supposed to stay away from people to prevent it from spreading further.

So basically I'm not going into work until after Christmas but then again, it's not as if I felt capable enough to go in anyway - even without the spreading problem - so I'm not gonna be doing a lot other than staying at home, getting better and most likely reviewing, afterall at least I can still type. :)

The rest of my family have a rather nasty chest infection, though I'm the more contageous apparently :( but it seems like we'll be avoiding each other - eithin reason - until we start to feel batter.

How is it going with the stomach?

How is it going with the stomach?

More settled now but i've been told to keep off dairy products and to increase water intake but hopefully *touch wood* things are sorting themselves out in that department; now all I have to worry about is the constant aching throughout my body and making sure I take in a little bit of caffeine so that this oncoming headache will subside as I'm starting to suffer from slight withdrawal symptoms.

More settled now but i've been told to keep off dairy products and to increase water intake but hopefully *touch wood* things are sorting themselves out in that department; now all I have to worry about is the constant aching throughout my body and making sure I take in a little bit of caffeine so that this oncoming headache will subside as I'm starting to suffer from slight withdrawal symptoms.

Withdrawal symptoms? From what?

I was throwing up and had a fever yesterday. But it's run it's course already, it hit my sister Thursday night though and got me on Sunday. A mild flu or something idk.

Though Saturday night I drank copious amounts of Vodka which probably didn't help.

Ginger Ale and Ginger Snaps are suppose to be drinks/food that are easy enough on the stomach to stay down. Of course...if you don't like Ginger that doesn't help. 7-Up is another alternative though.

Currently feel like death barely warmed up- picked up a cough from my mum and my chest is so tight it feels like I've been punched. Gyuuah.

Wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to spend my entire day in a call centre.

Ok so what I felt earlier was basically a minor preview of the main event: Currently burning up on my head, freezing elsewhere and the cough now makes me feel like my lungs are full of powdered glass.

bailed on work fairly sharpish in the end and promptly passed out soon as I got home, only to wake up feeling much, much worse than before. Great.

Withdrawal symptoms? From what?

Caffiene... I'm used to drinking several cups of tea a day and going from that many straight down to zero causes me to get an epic headache which doesn't help matters at all.

I managed to drink my first cup of tea today though which helped a bit and sleeping for 2 and a half hours in the afternoon seemed to help somewhat though the feeling of pins and needles/aches seems more constant now.

Also I can't believe it took me half an hour to type this simple post, being ill = fail. :(

Ok so what I felt earlier was basically a minor preview of the main event: Currently burning up on my head, freezing elsewhere and the cough now makes me feel like my lungs are full of powdered glass.

bailed on work fairly sharpish in the end and promptly passed out soon as I got home, only to wake up feeling much, much worse than before. Great.

Damn I'm sorry to hear that :( I hope you feel better soon dude.

Cusre all the ones nagging about commen illnesses.

Let me tell you, scarlet fever goes from simply rotten to something worse :(

that first defence stuff is really not very good for your immune system, its weakens it and if a serious bug comes along your body isn't as well equipped to cope.

I have a bit of a croaky throat but I'll soon shake that off with some TCP. :D

In the mean time I can make impressions of Roz. :p

I hope y'all with actual illness get better soon!

I had a bad throat last week, which started leading into the generic drained feeling, stomach ache etc. But these (coupled with some Lockets for the throat) worked a fucking treat:

815691333.Jpeg

I felt even worse this morning as I think I've caught a bit of what the rest of the family have - chest infection - but I think it's more of a bad cough atm, just got to keep on top of it; not feeling as bad atm though as I'm dosed up on painkillers plus some homemade soup earlier made all the difference.

Finally coming out on the other side of this flu- I've honestly pretty much been asleep since Monday but I managed to haul my ass out of bed today and I'm feeling a lot better. Had quite possibly the finest shower of all time too.

Glad to hear that you're on the mend dude : peace: I'd like to think that I'm getting there but I keep waking up and feeling pretty rough, I'm not too bad atm but will see what tomorrow brings.

True... I feel better than I did this morning but on the other hand I'm feeling so damn rough but just gotta try and look at it all objectively I suppose as things could be a lot worse even though it might not seem like it right now.

vicks_first_defence_nasal_spray_1608_new_jpg_1608_new.jpg

Seriously... I bought this as a last ditch effort at preventing getting ill for our christmas party, i bought this on Wednesday 15th, with my party being Friday 17th, On wednesday i felt like something was on the cards, had a sore throat, but sniffed this bad boy every 4 hours like suggested and by friday I was fine.

granted after the weekend I now feel rough again, but haven't been using that first defence, I shall be getting back on it, as i've found it worked to prevent a cold.

i guess it wouldn't prevent what you've got though.

hope you get better soon though dude, and especially hope you're better for Christmas.

I may have to pick some of this stuff up, both parents have a cold and so do some of my mates. I don't particulary want a cold.