NEurope
Diageo

Grass (Weed)

The thing is, cannabis is literally a non-lose situation. It's absolutely fine unless you totally abuse it to shit, and if you're half sensible that won't happen.

Studies have failed to really show it as something harmful in the short term, and therefore you may as well give it a try if it's dark, you're deindividuated, and are offered some. Live your life bitches!

Just don't get caught with it obviously. Although to be honest, it's a bit of a joke it hasn't been legalised, especially with the benefits it can bring medically, and especially when considering how harmless it is compared with cigarettes.

My reason would be that I'm really not fussed. There's quite a lot of things I wouldn't want to try (smoking, shagging a man...etc).

It might be that there are no proven harmful effects, but I can only assume I've been brought up to believe that the people that do it are generally idots. It just doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Well having sex with a man isn't really a good example. You have sex, your preference may not be to do it with a man, but you still have sex. Similarly someone may smoke weed but choose to avoid shooting up on heroin or smoke tobacco.

Hallucinogens can be a thing of beauty. The world would be a much poorer place without them. Just think how much cultural capital we would have missed out on.

My reason would be that I'm really not fussed. There's quite a lot of things I wouldn't want to try (smoking, shagging a man...etc).

Worst. Argument. Ever.

All I'll say is that drugular sensations are awesome. It's a real shame so many people miss out on trying something. Even if you only try it once, there's no harm in doing so.

Sensory things make you think and feel differently.

Haven't articulated this very well but I think you get my point.

I quite like being able to say i've never smoked in my life, nevermind any drugs.

Don't see what's the fuss about having to try it. I've never been offered it so haven't had the chance. Not sure what I would do if it got offered. Can't say I feel like I'm missing out on anything heh.

I'm not judging those who do use it. But then those people shouldn't judge the ones who don't want to use it. Each to their own.

I watched Hair last night and my new thing could be dancing in parks whilst high.

I'm not saying you should go out of your way to try it. Niether would I expect anyone to try it if they were offered it. I just think it would be better to try it than not to try it.

I reached 17 fairly proud, for a reasonable reason, because I hadn't tried anything. But after having to do research on it, and seeing it could be a good thing, I don't see why you wouldn't. This isn't some roundabout way of saying people are narrow minded, but there isn't really anything great about claiming you haven't tried cannabis.

I've tried it a few times. I had a great friend who smoked a fair bit of the stuff, so I used to go around to her place and play some Gamecube with her. She gave me some stuff to try and it didn't really have that much effect on me. I felt at ease and loved life.

I also had another friend who gave me some to try after a night out. It did partly get cancelled out by the alcohol, but again, happy.

I haven't really got a drive to try it again. It's not really for me and I didn't get much out of it. Kinda like the few times that I smoked. Not for me, so I don't do it now.

Used to smoke it loads when I was younger, and had some great times on it. Definitely can't see a downside to occasional use, but like anything excess is not good. Still smoke it occasionally now, but it's more for medical reasons than having fun.

You guys are giving some people on the thread such a hard time. You are pissing on people for not being open minded enough to try something that they know is bad for them. Not to mention that what they have all said is "my life is fine... I'm happy" and they don't need to have a stronger arguement than that.

Why should they pursue something that almost everyone who has does so to improve or change the experience of their life in which they are obviously not satisfied with?

mr_mackey.jpg

I haven't tried it and I never will. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because I'm asthmatic and I choke and cough when people have a cigarette near me (although I have gotten a little better now) so actually having it is something else. Also, I wouldn't anyway because I know somebody close to me who started with weed and then it went on to worse things. I'm not saying all people who smoke weed are terrible people and they're all rebels but I think some people really need to think about it before they do it. Kids in my school did it because they thought it was cool and it would impress their mates. Just because I don't want to do drugs doesn't make me close-minded but I'd rather stay healthy and unaddicted (as I have said, people have gone on to more dangerous drugs because of it).

Edited by Animal

I used to have the belief all drugs were bad and everytime you took some, it would kill you straight away and all people who took them were bad, and then I realised it's their life they can do what they want, Plus they are rather quite fun and in my opinion should be legal because of the fact if you want to do them you will anyway regardless of them being illegal or not.

I don't get the hating on people not wanting to try drugs, it's like when you all told diaego to get a student loan when he didn't need one!!!

mr_mackey.jpg

I haven't tried it and I never will. Even if I wanted to I couldn't because I'm asthmatic and I choke and cough when people have a cigarette near me (although I have gotten a little better now) so actually having it is something else. Also, I wouldn't anyway because I know somebody close to me who started with weed and then it went on to worse things. I'm not saying all people who smoke weed are terrible people and they're all rebels but I think some people really need to think about it before they do it. Kids in my school did it because they thought it was cool and it would impress their mates. Just because I don't want to do drugs doesn't make me close-minded but I'd rather stay healthy and unaddicted (as I have said, people have gone on to more dangerous drugs because of it).

I've always said it's not for everyone- and your friend sounds like the classic self destructive type who should have stayed well away from the start.

But it's all relative. I started with weed, went on to try pills, MDMA and Ket and I'm fine. I don't need them, I'm not addcited in any way at all and I've suffered no ill effects from anything I've taken.

Society saying 'drugs are bad, mmk?' as some...definitive end point is stupid. equally, people saying you should definitely try them are themselves being narrow minded.

It's an individual choice. I personally don't see the harm in most drugs so long as the person taking them is informed and responsible. I wouldn't assume everyone wants to try them on that basis, though.

I've always said it's not for everyone- and your friend sounds like the classic self destructive type who should have stayed well away from the start.

But it's all relative. I started with weed, went on to try pills, MDMA and Ket and I'm fine. I don't need them, I'm not addcited in any way at all and I've suffered no ill effects from anything I've taken.

Society saying 'drugs are bad, mmk?' as some...definitive end point is stupid. equally, people saying you should definitely try them are themselves being narrow minded.

It's an individual choice. I personally don't see the harm in most drugs so long as the person taking them is informed and responsible. I wouldn't assume everyone wants to try them on that basis, though.

My friend thought that he wouldn't get addicted to weed and, he kind of didn't, but he said that it felt like it wasn't strong enough after a while and so went on to the worse drugs and things got bad between him and his family and his friends and he said that was when he realised he had to stop. It took him a while but he got there and now he doesn't do it anymore. We're all happy he stopped now, he's back to normal and on the right path again.

It's examples like him that I hear is why I wouldn't ever touch drugs. That and I'm such a health freak (wouldn't know by looking at me). As I have said before, I don't think all people who do drugs are bad but if they do do it, I just hope they thought through everything and know what they are doing before doing it.

The only thing I'll actively go looking for is alcohol. I wouldn't go our looking for weed and drugs because there could be anything in them, you just have to trust the dealer. Saying that however, I did just trust my friend who had some. Everyone else wasn't dying from it, so I thought I would give it a go. I've wanted to try it for a while anyway. Especially since my dad has like 5 a day, wanted to see what the hype was all about.

Next time, I'll try get a pure experience, without alcohol, to see what it's like. I'm not going to say I'll never take any other drugs ever. I don't plan to but you never know what life has in store. It doesn't mean however that people can just assume it creates addicts who move on to the heavier stuff. It took me a few years of watching people who drank alcohol or smoke weed to feel comfortable enough to try it out. I thought about what I was doing, and didn't just follow the crowd.

Most of my friends in Ireland drink enormous amounts of alcohol and go out every night. And now my mam is complaining that I'm an alcoholic. It's these stupid labels that make me want to move out. Never mind the fact that I want to hang out with my boyfriend whenever I want.

I don't like people who look down on others because of the things they like or the choices they have made. If you want to try drugs, do it as low-risk as possible, if you don't want to, then don't. But don't chose to do so, or not, because of other people, make your own mind up. Reputation as a "good person" who has never done drugs is a crap reason in my opinion. As well as doing it because it's the cool thing to do, or everyone else is doing it.

I think I'm done for today.

It's very simple: if you want to take drugs, take them. If you don't, don't. If you think someone should or shouldn't, suggest to them why, and if they're opinion isn't changed, leave it.

Oh, and decriminalise weed at least, if not all drugs.

I always wonder about drugs being illegal, if they made drugs legal and companies were allowed to sell them, wouldn't that remove any criminal involvement and a lot of the violence? It would make sure they were produced and consumed safely too. They could just not let them be advertised or something.

But then again if they were widespread people could be easily addicted, but they are addicted to cigarettes etc etc I don't know which argument is correct and amn't really into it enough to research it.

Edited by heroicjanitor

I always wonder about drugs being illegal, if they made drugs legal and companies were allowed to sell them, wouldn't that remove any criminal involvement and a lot of the violence? It would make sure they were produced and consumed safely too. They could just not let them be advertised or something.

Well, yeah. Look at alcohol prohibition in the USA between 1919 and 1933 - the 18th amendment was a godsend for criminal gangs (with those in Chicago being the most famous), and the 21st the killer blow. The 21st amendment did infinitely more damage to the funding of organised crime than all policing efforts against them in the 14-year period combined.

I've kinda mellowed lately. I used to drink a lot and wouldn't say no to a spot of weed if it was there. Don't really bother these days though. Different circles. The people I knew who smoked heavily are a bit fucked up now (to varying degrees) so I'm glad I never really got caught up in it. The drinking habbit has been cut down massively too, I buy good quality stuff and drink it because I like the taste, rather than because I want to get drunk.

I've kinda mellowed lately. I used to drink a lot and wouldn't say no to a spot of weed if it was there. Don't really bother these days though. Different circles. The people I knew who smoked heavily are a bit fucked up now (to varying degrees) so I'm glad I never really got caught up in it. The drinking habbit has been cut down massively too, I buy good quality stuff and drink it because I like the taste, rather than because I want to get drunk.

Are they fucked up because of the weed? Do you have anything to support this?

Are they fucked up because of the weed? Do you have anything to support this?

Yeah. They took weed and now they're fucked up.