NEurope
Paj!

Prince

:bowdown:His Purple Majesty

:bowdown:

Opinions of Prince? And when I say "Prince", I'm talking about his albums from 1980 until...hmmm 1995. Though 3121 and Lotusflow3r had a few choice stunners. He's pretty crap now. Apparently still one of the best live acts you see, wish I'd been a fan during the 21 Nights thing at the 02. :( Hope he comes back to London/Uk soon.

My current obsession is Let's Pretend We're Married.

But yeah appreciate this great man.

album-dirty-mind.jpg511Vkgiv4NL._SL500_AA300_.jpgalbum-1999.jpgpurple_rain_cover.JPGalbum-around-the-world-in-a-day.jpgPatRP298x298.pngPRINCE%20SIGN%20O%20THE%20TIMES.jpgalbum-Prince-Lovesexy.jpg

2zo8zh1.jpg

Edited by Paj!

He did the entire Batman soundtrack.

However, it's one of his worst albums ever. Clearly just a quick moneymaking thing. Very crap.

Prince-Batman-479137.jpg

You bastard, I lol'd at that Pinocchio picture and went into a coughing fit. I hate being ill.

There are a few songs of his that I really like; raspberry beret; kiss; oh that's all actually. I've never gotten round to giving any of his albums a listen though.

His best albums are 1999, Sign O' The Times :bowdown: (his best by far) and Around The World In A Day. (IMO)

Purple Rain is very good, but I never really think of it as Prince, since it's so straight-up rock/accessible. His normal albums are much more complex.

I've never listened to his stuff. His attitude kind of sucks, which doesn't exactly make me want to either. Suing fan websites, refusing to let his stuff be distributed online, etc, etc. Maybe he should get over himself!

He talks an insane amount of shit, more than any other artist up their own arse and I gotta admit I'm not the biggest fan of his music.BUT I can admit He is an extremely talented songwriter and musician though.

Not someone I have listened much too but I like what I have heard.

Mostly I love hearing about how eccentric the guy is.

Especially this:

Long but worth it.

Edited by Mundi

I've never listened to his stuff. His attitude kind of sucks, which doesn't exactly make me want to either. Suing fan websites, refusing to let his stuff be distributed online, etc, etc. Maybe he should get over himself!

It's a shame when people don't listen/give someone's music/art/whatever a go based on their public persona. Yeah he doesn't seem like my kinda person, but that doesn't make his music bad. A whole lot of A-list people in music and film are absolute cunts. But make great art.

In my opinion, he rivals Michael Jackson as the king of pop. Also, it's about time he did like MJ and would just drop dead...

Who cares how much of an asshole he is? His music is still astounding. Björk is the same, she's a fucking retard, and yet her music is ridiculously good.

Liam Gallagher however... was just a retard.

Who cares how much of an asshole he is? His music is still astounding. Björk is the same, she's a fucking retard, and yet her music is ridiculously good.

Well i guess i don't have infinite time to listen to every artist on the planet to find out if they're amazing or not, so i'm less inclined to spend that time trying out one who seems like an asshole.

I suppose he might be good.

<3 So heavy but so light. Not one of his I ever see mentioned. I find myself headbanging a little to this, which is strange to think about.

ALSO

Undeniable. Probably recogisable to most people as being samples/covered by Beyonce and Jay-Z in Bonnie and Clyde 03. And covered by TLC.

Edited by Paj!

He was like the secondary version of Michael Jackson just like, perhaps, Kylie Minogue is to Madonna. But unlike Jacko at least he is still alive and kicking.

He was like the secondary version of Michael Jackson just like, perhaps, Kylie Minogue is to Madonna. But unlike Jacko at least he is still alive and kicking.

Sort of... yes. But he's more complex than Jackson. Which doesn't mean he's better... or worse, for that matter.

Welcome, by the way, I'm one of the resident hate mongerers.

Not someone I have listened much too but I like what I have heard.

Mostly I love hearing about how eccentric the guy is.

Especially this:

Long but worth it.

I watched all of that. A bit disappointed at Prince's actions at the end but he does sound like quite an eccentric guy. I don't think he intended to be rude, although Kevin clearly took offence.

I'm not a huge Prince fan, but I did recently play some of his stuff on Spotify and it's great to listen to. I'm a big fan of the song Kiss and quite a few of his others. He's one of these "I like what I hear but never actually bought anything by him" kind of artists.

:bowdown:

Around The World In A Day might be my favourite Prince album. The one everyone forgets.