NEurope
Ashley

Errors and Problems With Forums

Did something happen yesterday? :wtf:

I tried to come on around lunch time (instead o' working) but firstly the site was very slow and my posts didnt load up, so I closed the browser, came back... and the site wasnt working at all! What happened? I just went home and played Pro Evo and Fifa for instead. The thing is, theres no mention o' it around the place today, what happened? ::shrug:

Yeah I tried coming on and the site was down for a while, you're not alone :p

So no ones mentioned what happened?

Glad it wasnt just me and that this Uni hasnt tried to filter out this site!

Erm, it has been like it since I started here ;

When are the smilies going to be fixed?!?

What do you mean? they are working fine for me.

What do you mean? they are working fine for me.

Okay, I assumed it was everyone, but the PCs that I use that also have the problem ;

- Work Desk

- Work Staffroom

- Home Bedroom

- GFs Main

- GFs Dads Laptop

Half the smilies dont show up. It just has the Red X image not found logo.

Okay, I assumed it was everyone, but the PCs that I use that also have the problem ;

- Work Desk

- Work Staffroom

- Home Bedroom

- GFs Main

- GFs Dads Laptop

Half the smilies dont show up. It just has the Red X image not found logo.

I have no answer for you mate? maybe clear your cache?

I took some screen shots and they are working fine for me. Are the smileys not showing up for anyone else?

Makue sure people get re-activation emails after changing email adresses, I didn't. Platty sorted it though.

Makue sure people get re-activation emails after changing email adresses, I didn't. Platty sorted it though.

Yeah it may be a problem of the emails going to your junk inbox. But if not an admin can help you out.

Yeah it may be a problem of the emails going to your junk inbox. But if not an admin can help you out.

Being that I have no junk box, I highly doubt it.

When I go to quick reply it wont post it up, says I need to be logged in when I already was. So I go through the normal reply procedure but I have to sign in again anyway, whats up?

Also, the same happens when I try to edit, thus meaning I cant save my changes.

Is it something simple that needs changed within the browser?

Thankees!

Sounds as if your cookie is not kept. I assume you use IE, so set it in Internet Options to accept all cookies. Log in then set it the level you had it previously on - that should do the trick.

I think this problem has only started since we got that BT Homehub in. Its updated the Browser (which was IE) to some hybrid BTyahoo IE thing. Ill see if I can sort it by changing the cookie options.

(although incidentally, I think this has happened at Uni once or twice aswell, strange one)

Er on a kind of weekly basis, the site keeps on sending me to Chat instead of the Forum. Seems that the link code moves or something... any thoughts? This has been going on for a while though.

I think the pixels are a bit off, try to click the forum button centrally.

No, I am. I checked the link directing and the Forum button has the Chat code on it but so does the Chat button so it doesn't make any sense. Even when it takes me to the Chat page, I click the Forum button and it reloads the Chat page again. It seems to only last for a small period of time but it's still one of those mysteries... maybe it's just firefox being silly or summet.

cant get on the homepage for a week, only the forum :(

whats going on please i never had problems before,

cant get on the homepage for a week, only the forum :(

whats going on please i never had problems before,

Are you on Safari or IE?

Try firefox or safari. Also, perhaps it has something to do with the flash element on the main page, do you have flash player 9?

Inter net explorer, ive never had problems before, :( i cant get it to work on my wii either

It works on Opera.

We're aware of the problem and I'm told there is something being done about it. I and many others are having trouble viewing anything other than the forums, which isn't ideal, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon. I'm pretty sure it's to do with the adverts we have.

Keep checking it, I asked the guy at AMN about the problem, and he said he'll change the ads tonight.