NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ima this like a pro guys.

From now on, no fast travel.

(I used it twice)

But no more.

Ima also make my dude naked to keep my eyes interested.[/Karl Pilkington]

I'd like to see your first dragon/bear encounter with no armour on :)

for sexy reasons

so what's light armour like? i've used heavy since the start now and wouldn't look back, only i heard the defence stat of werewolves was based off light armour skill, since mine is 15 it would explain A LOT.

But saying that it stops the game being too easy like oblivion got after level 25 (by the time i was level 50 nothing at all phased me)

but with this something are quite awkward to survive, and being a were also makes things more interesting.

Had a great boss fight while doing a quest in a ruin to get a scroll for anksa (ansk? anka?) the last enemy some draugr mage Vikun was so hard! but yet so much fun

Tried long range....NOPE his fireballs are too hard (when i got the staff it was 80 damage with a 15ft radius)

Tried close range....random really, 1 time got him down to 25% health as he avoided fireballs and i staggered him loads, but then randomly got a fireball to the face, second time i stood no chance he spammed fireballs.

Tried summoning a deadra using the sanguine rose, it kicked his ass for about 20 seconds before he took control and it kicked mine

ahh it was fun finding a way to win

Also are companions immortal? because with Lydia she's died on me 3/4 times during combat, yet other times she just slumps to the ground and gets back up in a while

can't find a pattern, she was killed by a dragon, and a swarm of draugr near the start by a dragon wall, a wispmother and a bear if i remember correctly. Yet she "survived Vikun, a giant spider, lots of dragons, random large insects. Its just very random

Why go to the efforts of including the maps of cyrodil and Morrowind in the game....

I can only hope they actually plan on having mega DLC (bethsada did say they had to Large DLC's planned) and if you read the lore books the red mountain erupted so thats an excuse to strip down the morrowind map, and war ravaged cyrodil

I really wish I'd focussed on Smithing sooner. I knew from previous TES games that I should, but there were so many things I wanted to dabble in :heh: I've just started buying all the iron ore and iron ingots from Warmaidens every time I play and making 15-20 iron daggers to grind it up.

I found leather easiest. All smiths sell leather and strips, it's easy to make helmets and gauntlets.

I found leather easiest. All smiths sell leather and strips, it's easy to make helmets and gauntlets.

Alternatively you can just kill every animal you see while exploring and you'll quickly have quite a bit of leather to work with.

I really wish I'd focussed on Smithing sooner. I knew from previous TES games that I should, but there were so many things I wanted to dabble in :heh: I've just started buying all the iron ore and iron ingots from Warmaidens every time I play and making 15-20 iron daggers to grind it up.

I didn't bother with it until quite a way in, but as soon as you decide to level it you can max it to 100 in an hour or two. It's one of those things that to get the most of you really need to max enchanting and get good with alchemy, and get some of the perks for those skills.

I will say to you guys, when getting the perks in smithing do not take the light armour route! I use light armour but took the heavy armour (right hand perk path) route. The reason for this is that either side of the skill tree will ultimately end up with dragon amour, letting you craft the best light armour there is. But only the right hand path will let you smith daedric items, including the best weapons in the game.

When you reach dragon you can't then continue back down the other path you didn't go with the first time, just to let you guys know.

Edited by Sheikah

I unlocked all the smithing paths :/

I wish there was an online auction house like in WoW :)

This game is super awesome fun by avoiding horses and fast travelling.

Getting one place to another is a sudden challenge.

Also makes the world seem even more alive and generally epic.

You can't keep it up all the way through the game though :heh: When you just want to sell these twelve awesome battleaxes you just found by taking a strength potion and fast travelling to the nearest big town. Or when you want to hop from one merchant to the next to buy all their lockpicks or something.

I agree there's a lot of fun in manual travelling though, same in Fallout 3/NV. Also random dragon encounters are always awesome.

Made myself a set of flawless Orc armour yesterday. Imma hard to kill naow. I've taken up enchanting a bit too, which has boosted my shit kicking credentials considerably.

Not to boast but... I just made myself some Epic Orcish armour :D Pretty early on I found a necklace of smithing and a little later, some gauntlets of smithing so even though I'm only at lvl 70, I get a 30% boost if I wear those.

(In before I just made some Legendary dragon armour)

Heh, yeah I have some boosts too. Just need more ore©

What I don't have is the perk to craft up magic gear. If I'm going to enchant this armour, I need to make it as good as I can first.

I just took that perk and regretted it :/ as long as you're building your armour from scratch it's usually a waste of time.

Where does everyone go to smith/enchant close together? Out of habit I go to warmaidens but then I have to sprint over to Dragonsreach for the nearest enchantment table.

Winterhold is probably a shorter walk, but you need to load two areas to get to the Jarl's wizard's chambers. The Skyforge is probably your best bet, though.

I always forget about the skyforge, even though I'm still using a skyforge steel battleaxe...

It can be useful in that it lets you upgrade magical gear you find that may be better than anything you can yet enchant yourself (due to low enchantment level). It's nice to have because smithing can get better all the while you increase your alchemy and enchanting, so it lets you make use of your uber equipment now without knowing you'll be throwing it away once you get your other skills higher.

Edited by Sheikah

I've pretty much screwed myself over in terms on Smithing too. I'm over 40 hours in at level 26, but my Smithing is only level 17. I've found some awesome weapons that I want to keep (Glass War axes = win), so looks like I'm going to have to go hunting for a long while... :/

Also, is it worth ditching my Light Armor for heavier variants? I do like to sneak a lot, and I'm at a much higher level with Light Armor than Heavy. But then, I do have the Sneak perk that reduces noise from Armor by 50%...

No, heavy armour is worthless. It weighs more, makes you move slower and by the time you have legendary dragon scale armour (light) you will have excellent defence. Light armour has some nice perks too like weighing nothing, it's the way to go.

You can't keep it up all the way through the game though :heh: When you just want to sell these twelve awesome battleaxes you just found by taking a strength potion and fast travelling to the nearest big town. Or when you want to hop from one merchant to the next to buy all their lockpicks or something.

I agree there's a lot of fun in manual travelling though, same in Fallout 3/NV. Also random dragon encounters are always awesome.

That's what you think.

Ima walk all the way to Cragslane Cavern later tonight.

I'll update this tomorrow with how it went.