NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Convinced my Mum to buy it for me for Christmas :p

You must have the patience of a saint to be able to wait that long.

I'm already counting down the hours left in work today before I can get home and play it.:p

Yeah I gave up asking for games the Christmas on account that if it's a game I want, I'll want to play it in that window of time off I have in the run up to the 25th. £20ish is a good price for this though given how it's new and content packed.

You must have the patience of a saint to be able to wait that long.

I'm already counting down the hours left in work today before I can get home and play it.:p

Actually I have no patience, but what I do have is this stack of games to get through :heh:

de69ba59.jpg

I now have Aela and Lydia at my home. It's like I have a wife and mistress, except they both live with me. I'm living the dream.

So I went back to my home to find Aela and Lydia sat at the same table. Normally they wander round different parts of the house, but it was clear they had been talking. They both looked at me as I walked in. I backed out of the room and ran.

I used to be a bigamist, then I took Aela's arrow to the knee.

Actually I have no patience, but what I do have is this stack of games to get through :heh:

de69ba59.jpg

I'm exactly the same....my stack is huge which why despite my game now winging its way to me from gamestation I will likely hold out till after xmas.

I used to buy games like that*, but I found it hard to concentrate on one game. Now I Just buy one, play it until I complete it or get bored, then get the next. That way I never run out of games to play. I think I finished Rage a couple of weeks before Skyrim came out, so I was set for the next game.

Still haven't finished Deus Ex though. I think I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end, so I just stopped. I'm having the same thing with Skyrim. I'm ignoring the main story, since when I finish that, I think I'll be more likely to stop playing. I know there's side quests, but I'll still consider the main bulk "finished", so will be more likely to stop. If that makes sense?

*Then I took an arrow etc

I'm more or less done with my secondary character. I created them purely to handle the Thieves Guild, Dark Brotherhood and any other morally dubious quests I came across.

Technically you can do everything with the one character, but it seemed wrong for the Dovahkiin — Harbinger of the Companions, thane of Whiterun — to be picking pockets for a bunch of ungrateful toerags.

Also:

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Pretty much exactly what I did. May go back to my warrior and actually finish the main quest. Then may make a third pure mage character for mages guild and possibly playing as a vampire. Not too sure.

Also, the song was very nice. Where is it from. Maybe able to get it as opening tune for the game, as my current "Game of Thrones" one has some issues despite its epicness.

Well, I solve all problems by playing as a warrior/mage of dubious morality.

That said, I'm not very good at picking pockets... :heh:

Also, the song was very nice. Where is it from. Maybe able to get it as opening tune for the game, as my current "Game of Thrones" one has some issues despite its epicness.

It's a cover of the title music, albeit largely sung in English rather than the dragon tongue, obviously. You can download it from Soundcloud.

Hmm you should be able to make explosive potions, just for the sole purpose of reverse pickpocketing for hilarious results

Hmm you should be able to make explosive potions, just for the sole purpose of reverse pickpocketing for hilarious results

There's already an explosion type thing for the fireball(?) spell, so it would probably be reasonably easy to mod something like that into the game.

I have also caved and ordered this from GAME, had some reward points I didn't know I had as well (thought I used them all the other week) so it cost me £14.99.

Going to keep it till xmas though as a present for myself! :D

Hope I don't end up hating it!!

I have also caved and ordered this from GAME, had some reward points I didn't know I had as well (thought I used them all the other week) so it cost me £14.99.

I also caved. I hated Oblivion and Fallout so the chances of me not liking this are pretty high. I'm sure if I don't like it i will get most my cash back when trading it at HMV. :D

I also caved. I hated Oblivion and Fallout so the chances of me not liking this are pretty high. I'm sure if I don't like it i will get most my cash back when trading it at HMV. :D

Cool... Well I loved Fallout 3 & NV so I am in a better position than you!

But yeah you should easily get your money back at the moment on a trade in! :)

If it helps I also hated Oblivion and couldnt get into Fallout but I loved Skyrim.

If it helps I also hated Oblivion and couldnt get into Fallout but I loved Skyrim.

So there is hope for me yet then. :D

I used to buy games like that*, but I found it hard to concentrate on one game. Now I Just buy one, play it until I complete it or get bored, then get the next. That way I never run out of games to play. I think I finished Rage a couple of weeks before Skyrim came out, so I was set for the next game.

Still haven't finished Deus Ex though. I think I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end, so I just stopped. I'm having the same thing with Skyrim. I'm ignoring the main story, since when I finish that, I think I'll be more likely to stop playing. I know there's side quests, but I'll still consider the main bulk "finished", so will be more likely to stop. If that makes sense?

*Then I took an arrow etc

Meant to reply to this earlier but yeah it totally makes sense. I keep buying all these games not started any of them. I've got Skyward Sword on the go, Uncharted for multiplayer and football manager when I'm chilling. I need to take a pic of all the games I've bought since september...

I totally get you about ignoring the main story. I didn't realise how short it really was in Fallout 3 and kind of stumbled across the ending and the game felt lesser to me as I didn't wanna play anymore which is why I enjoyed New Vegas a ton more as I did so many side quests first!

Had a couple of hours on Skyrim last night. Decided to explore the West-side, as i have spent many hours in the East and Central areas. Found a nice fort complete with a horde of bandits, who provided me with excellent target practice upon themselves. I still have the habit of taking everything from someone and selling it on to make a quick buck.

Had a couple of hours on Skyrim last night. Decided to explore the West-side, as i have spent many hours in the East and Central areas. Found a nice fort complete with a horde of bandits, who provided me with excellent target practice upon themselves. I still have the habit of taking everything from someone and selling it on to make a quick buck.

I quickly found myself imposing limits on myself to make my looting as efficient as possible based around a ratio on weight to value. Anything ebony and above I pick up. Anything below and it generally has to have a nice magical enchant to make it worthwhile.

It's a bit of a shame the merchants are so damn poor as you cant sell what you need to and end up stuffing the gear in some chest, only to come how with new loot that makes selling old loot more difficult again.

I quickly found myself imposing limits on myself to make my looting as efficient as possible based around a ratio on weight to value. Anything ebony and above I pick up. Anything below and it generally has to have a nice magical enchant to make it worthwhile.

It's a bit of a shame the merchants are so damn poor as you cant sell what you need to and end up stuffing the gear in some chest, only to come how with new loot that makes selling old loot more difficult again.

I suppose it comes in handy having an aid to carry some of the heavier items. Namely the scales and bones from dragons.

Found 2 forts consisting of a tribe who don't seem to realise i'm on the Nord side. Sorry, but they were quickly wiped out.

Ive found Gamestations deliveries usually do take a while, sometimes around a week. I only really use them these days for good deals or when I want to use points from my loyalty card.

I somehow managed to play this game for over 50 hours without really understanding the power of enchanting weapons and upgrading weapons.

After hours of research, ingredient hunting and trial and error I am now getting to grips with it all.

I've created fortifying potions for enchanting and smithing and have a set of clothes to wear specifically for enchanting and smithing that increases both by 20%.

I now actually appreciate it as I've created a glass mace that is now legendary and dishes out 85 damage per hit and shocks targets an extra 12 damage per hit!

Took a while to get my head around the fortifying, disenchant, enchant etc etc.

Now 60hours in. Finished theives, won the war with imperials. Just about halfway through dark brotherhood now.

Had a 12 hour sesh yesterday 2pm to 2am... Love this game!