NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I've just searched back to see what the timed exclusive deal is with Microsoft. It relates to the first two DLCs.

So I suspect that the DLC after Hearthfire will be the big Shivering Isles-like one.

I hope so, because some things don't need DLC that "breaks the mould" to borrow @uəʌəsʎɐɾ ‘s term. I understand this is something a lot of people may want for Skyrim, but its the sort of thing usually filled by the modding community, or done by the construction kits the games have.

I mean having a sims style addon added to a western RPG is a little left field, yes it allows you to manage every role of the dragonborn's life but it doesn't fit the feel of the game as well, You wouldn't add a driving addon dlc to fifa so you can drive the team to the stadium? Or a wii fit style exercise addon to a tennis game, (I could go on with the loosely related DLC ideas to existing games).

It seems like something that should be free, hence my reference to horse armour which everyone complained about paying for as it was blatantly too small and should have been in a patch, like horse combat in skyrim was.

I don’t mind the idea of the addon, I just object to paying any amount for something so negligible and unimportant, maybe if it had been a token amount like £1 or 100 ms points it might be easier to swallow.

Well, house building and adoption mods already exist for PC (and are popular), so plenty of people want the features.

Well to be fair, console games do not really have the modding community, do they? And suggesting this is like a driving add-on to a sports game is a little hyperbolic! It's more like adding a create-your-own-house mode to... well, any game. Again, it doesn't expand on the gameplay itself but rather lends more tools to the player's imagination.

I don't yet see the comparison to the horse armour. THAT took a lot less hours of coding work from them, and provides a lot less hours of entertainment.

I suppose you are right the console versions don't get what the PC modding community already has...

I just think its a tiny pointless add on that would be better included with a patch for free, or come as part of a larger add-on

The DLC idea for fifa was a bit exaggerated but i wanted it left field, something that only loosely related, maybe i went too far, maybe a mini game to deal with training or injuries might have been better? but still you got my point of it being related but loosely to its core game.

why am i so bitter over this? i usually love SKyrim and i have enough sat in my account for this......oh wait it reminds me of fable, and that isn't a game series TES should borrow ideas from

I completely forgot that Dawnguard was out until yesterday. Time to get back into Skyrim again I guess.

What mods are people playing with these days?

I completely forgot that Dawnguard was out until yesterday. Time to get back into Skyrim again I guess.

What mods are people playing with these days?

Basically 3:

1. SkyUI: Improves the shit inventory, the only "must" mod for this game.

2. A Quality World Map With Roads: yes, roads to the map! Helps a lot...

3. Ring of Boost Carry Weight Maximum plus 10000: got tired of the constant backtracking and inventory hassling due to a full inventory >: ( Gives you a ring with 10k carry limit. I just disenchanted it and put it on my boots as 20k...can surely recommend this one, makes the game a lot more enjoyable!

I'm fine with the normal inventory. Plus, I don't think SkyUI is compatible with a controller.

Some of the mods I use:

- Open Cities. It's strange how great this feels. You can enter all the cities without a loading screen - you just open the gates and it's there.

- 2K Textures. Higher resolution than normal. Also, I've installed a few other texture mods for bits this doesn't cover.

- W.A.T.E.R. Overhauled lighting, terrain and water effects.

-Monster mod + Replaces. Adds lots more creatures to Skyrim. The original mods adds stupid stuff (dinosaurs) so there is a mod for the mod which replaces or removes these so you only have ones which fit The Elder Scrolls.

- Cloaks of Skyrim. They just look great.

- Wearable Lanterns. Much better than holding a torch.

- A Quality Roab Map With Roads. As said above.

I'm fine with the normal inventory. Plus, I don't think SkyUI is compatible with a controller.

It does work with a controller. Just you may miss a tiny bit of functionality.

Has anyone converted their 360 saves to work on PC?

I'm looking to get rid of my 360, its pointless having a dedicated multiplatform console which charges for online when i can just use my ps3 and have it all done better

and perhaps as a subsequently strange question

has anyone ever transfered a pc save to a ps3

I know both can be done 360>PC and Pc>ps3 or visa versa, but i've never heard of 360 to PS3 save switching via a pc

I'm thinking i may try this as Skyrim is the only 360 game i have that i haven't finished or haven't got to near the end.

Anyone playing the expansions? Personally, can't be arsed, got enough dungeon-crawling the first time...

Anyone playing the expansions? Personally, can't be arsed, got enough dungeon-crawling the first time...

I started Dawnguard a few weeks ago, yet to start Dragonborn. Dawnguards decent, in fact it's more than decent.