NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I decided to start again. Now I know what perks are worth levelling up for and such,

Started off trying to get the Smithing & Enchanting to 100.

Current process is chop wood, Sell wood, buy iron ingot, make dagger, enchant dagger sell dagger for more money as it's enchanted.

every now and again chop wood for longer in order to afford already filled soul gems from the wizard at Dragonsreach.

I love this game.

Is anyone else expecting some horse armour DLC at the beginning of next month?

Is anyone else expecting some horse armour DLC at the beginning of next month?

as right at the beginning of the month? then yes...

Just got 100 % achievement on this game. Phew. Took 115 hours because of some rather ineffective gaming in the beginning. Had to level up my smithing quite a bit but after I'd done that, the game was way easier. Died a lot less than before. Had I just known that before I reached level 50...

Skyrim Getting Kinect Support

Bethesda has announced that they will be releasing a free title update for Skyrim later this month that will enable Kinect support for the Xbox 360 version of the game. The game's Kinect support will add in more than 200 different Voice Commands for Kinect owners.

Using Kinect's voice recognition capabilities, players will be able to perform Dragon Shouts, Hotkey Equipping, Follower Commands, as well as control all menus with their voice. There will also be new special map functions, more hotkey options, and the ability to sort items in your inventory by name, weight, and value.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1222859p1.html

Skyrim Getting Kinect Support

Whilst the ability to use any dragon shout without having to equip them via a menu is nice, who actually knows the words other than for Unrelenting Force.

There will also be new special map functions, more hotkey options, and the ability to sort items in your inventory by name, weight, and value.

Are those Kinect features or general updates for all users? Being able to sort by value would be useful when over encumbered and you need to lighten the load your hoarding.

Whilst the ability to use any dragon shout without having to equip them via a menu is nice, who actually knows the words other than for Unrelenting Force.

You mean I have to actually learn something? This is like school!

desk-flip.png

Are those Kinect features or general updates for all users? Being able to sort by value would be useful when over encumbered and you need to lighten the load your hoarding.

Based on the video there aren't any button prompts for sorting options, so I fear such functionality will be needlessly Kinect exclusive.

Whilst this doesn't actually have anything to do with the recent announcement, it seems apt to post it now anyway:

Based on the video there aren't any button prompts for sorting options, so I fear such functionality will be needlessly Kinect exclusive.

Aye, I've seen the video now myself and it does beg the question why it's a Kinect only feature. No idea why they felt the need to add a command in for picking up all the loot from a body/chest given you can press X to achieve the same result - seems like implementation for the sake of improving numbers.

Whilst this doesn't actually have anything to do with the recent announcement, it seems apt to post it now anyway:

VIDEO

I saw that one too the other day on Screw Attack. It made me chuckle and serves as a nice reminder of how unrealistic most games still are despite some of their claims.

Still really enjoying this...Just past hour 50 and still barely touched the surface of so many things. Level 29 at the moment. One thing I really enjoy is the ebb and flow of the game. I deliberately put off entering a big new city even if I'm being sent there by one side quest until I've finished everything on a given city. Although I get the feeling playing like this means I will have a long way to go before finishing the game.One thing I do feel though when I have done the main quest line still only 5 missions. I do kind of feel like it's so much better written and fleshed than all the other stuff.

I decided to start again. Now I know what perks are worth levelling up for and such,

Started off trying to get the Smithing & Enchanting to 100.

Current process is chop wood, Sell wood, buy iron ingot, make dagger, enchant dagger sell dagger for more money as it's enchanted.

every now and again chop wood for longer in order to afford already filled soul gems from the wizard at Dragonsreach.

I love this game.

Murr: Chop chop smith smith chop chop smith smith.

Skyrim: You know Murr, there's so much more you can get out of this game...

Murr: I hear smithing, but I don't hear chopping.

Skyrim: Yes, sir.

I restarted for the second time recently, and tried doing some of the Thieves Guild Radiant Quests in the hope I could get five in the same city and do the special quest... talk about a hiding to nothing. And also, I can't seem to find any Soul Gems anywhere, and I'm not paying for them either.

Suppose I should go down more random holes in the ground when the opportunity presents itself.

dawnguard.jpg

Out summer for 360. More details at E3, probably during Microsoft's conference.

I'm still trudging along with this...up to 90 hours now it's kinda getting to be a drag in someways like I can't play anything else till I've finished it but determined to finish it just everytime I get on the story missions something else distracts me and I'm sucked in.

An impresive trailer but then I expected no less. I hope becoming a vampire isn't required or if so, becomes reversible like becoming a werewolf as I'd rather not take my character down that route - it doesn't suit him.

I'm 68 in and level 42 - there is something about me :p *a joke for the oldies in here*

Turns out I had done a chunk of the main story quests out of sequence because I went to visit a guy and had done all the quests between him and the end boss. The thing kept killing me in one hit though, unless I healed whilst my health was draining, so I'm off to do some more stuff and level up a bit more.

Playing this makes me want to go back to Oblivion and reacquaint myself with Cyrodiil but the silly levelling up and terrible dungeons is putting me off... plus I still need to finish this - not that I ever finished Oblivion before starting this.

99 Hours and I finally got round to finishing the main story quests...still got a ton of stuff left to do but gonna give it a little bit of a rest and play some more linear games I think.

Has any of you got Dawnguard? If so, how long is the main story in it?

Nevermind, found a review stating that it is about 9 hours long. I've just begun now but my Skyrim is a bit rusty.

Edited by MindFreak

I bought it and the only thing of it i've used is making dragon bone weapons, oh and Were perks

once i've done with the dark brotherhood i'll go to the dawnguard

Hearthfire DLC for Skyrim

With Skyrim’s newest game add-on, Hearthfire, you can purchase land and build your own home from the ground up – from a simple one-room cottage to a sprawling compound complete with an armory, alchemy laboratory, stable, garden, and more. Use all-new tools like the drafting table and carpenter’s workbench to transform quarried stone, clay, and sawn logs into structures and furnishings. Even transform your house into a home by adopting children.

Hearthfire releases on Xbox LIVE next week (September 4th) for 400 Microsoft Points.

i hope more substantial DLC is coming because this feels too sims like, and could end up being the horse armour of Skyrim

I've read up on this and I cannot see how it's at all like horse armour! The DLC is attempting to enable the serious role-playing addicts to further their imagination. The PC platform is rife with modding communities that inject new life into a game, and it's kind of refreshing to see a new take on DLC rather than the mundane mappack or bonus missions.

Though I totally get what you're saying - it's not exactly Skyrim really, is it! I think it's good to have DLC breaking out of the mould and offering alternative gameplay options.

8ActY.jpg

lols.