NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I cranked up the brightness and found I never needed it. Carrying around the staff of magelight was a waste of 8 ounces, the dark worked for me actually being the sneaky bastard backstabber that I was.

Now I think about it, I've played a Khajiit in both and I used their night vision a lot more in Oblivion. Hardly used it at all in Skyrim.

I cranked up the brightness and found I never needed it. Carrying around the staff of magelight was a waste of 8 ounces, the dark worked for me actually being the sneaky bastard backstabber that I was.

I was a bit disappointed by that staff, I thought it would sort of permanently emit the magelight glow, the way a torch does with normal light, not just fire magelight balls.

well that explains that then!

really loving the game so far, but its a little annoying having to switch out a weapon for a spell again like morrowind, i liked being able to keep a spell ready in oblivion it was a step forward, but i suppose shouts replace that button/key

and to say that is my only complaint so far is great!

wait one more complaint of sorts

it generated nostalgia for morrowind, so i've reinstalled that - another game to take up my time lol

Ok so I was minding my own business, off to see some greybearded-fucks when a frost troll attacked me.

My friends, who all got Skyrim when it was released, were finding it funny because they knew how baddass they are.

I was surprised I'd see something that could easily kill me so early on.

Then I realised I was playing an Elder Scrolls game.

Anyway, I managed to kill him with about 60 arrows.

Totally love this game.

I think I've spent 9 hours on it so far... and I've not really done anything huge.

Just... so... fucking... epic.

That troll was a bitch. You do get the occasional place where you just suddenly find yourself totally outleveled. I bumped into some bandits in a gambling ring in a cave, everyone in there was easy but the bandit marauders could finish me off in one hit. After several attempts I just gave up and left.

I've had many occasions where i've been wiped out by something which doesn't look like it could do a lot of damage, can't remember the cave i was in but it had 2 magic-skilled falmers and some mechanical thing. Took me a few tries, and i did it (just)

annoyingly i've had to reload a save, not lost much just exploration and cave clearing between valtheim towers that sacred forest grove ( i forget which) and collecting some blade from a hagraven to do some tree sap quest from the temple in whiterun. All because the NPC who follows you after you return with the blade disappeared some guy called Maurice, he was with me at the bridge near the tree, then poof gone as i go in the cave! no amount of messing around found him. I stupidly went in and out the cave enough so my 3 autosaves were all after he'd done a houdini :nono:

tempted to try and do it without and just deal with the hostilities.... and so i shal after discovering he's bugged and often dies and even if he doesn't can prove to not furfil his part of the quest

think he must have agro'd the giant camp nearby it was the ast place i saw him, but never got close enough to agro them and both he and lydia were behind me......

maybe one day he'll return from his astronaut trip or i'll find a corpse miles away

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Tell you what is annoying: my horse. Dumb shit charges in to any old fight he can at the drop of a hat. Fucker keeps trying to die on me.

Tell you what is annoying: my horse. Dumb shit charges in to any old fight he can at the drop of a hat. Fucker keeps trying to die on me.

My horse did exactly that and died. Sigh.

I am currently trying to upgrade my armour, it's taking quite some time..

I've heard on other Message Boards, that the PS3 version is broken.

How accurate is this and is it worth picking up this game?

I only have a PS3.

Got this on 360 just after Christmas. I was overwhelmed by how much there was to do at first, but after the first few hours, I got used to it. This game is incredible! Only problem is, I'm 16 hours into the game and I haven't come across any dragons yet. Well, apart from one about an hour or so ago, but it was flying around too fast for me to attack, and it buggered off without even trying to fight. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I'm level 14 at the moment, and yes, I have done the quest where I fight the first dragon.

I've heard on other Message Boards, that the PS3 version is broken.

How accurate is this and is it worth picking up this game?

I only have a PS3.

I was going to get it on PS3 myself, but got the 360 version instead. My friend who has the PS3 version says that his game started to lag as his save file got larger. Also, when he created a new character, it automatically wiped all his saves from his previous playthrough. It's still an amazing game, and is deffinitely worth getting, just proceed with caution.

Nothing really dear, it took quite a while for me to come across any dragons. I found if I strayed away from the normal path I found more variety of things to kill.

I'm about level 14 but I have come across about 5 dragons so far! One of which was an ice dragon which was pretty cool.

Last thing I did on this was completing the college of Winterhold's main quest.

Not been on this in a few days, must get back on it!

you've met hardly any dragons? really? almost everytime i finish a quest and leave a dungeon theres one there! i'm upto 6 normal ones and today started getting blood dragons. I started a quest after a drinking game today and near the end of the quest you have to collect a ring from a shack at the base of a large hill/small mountain which had a dragon cirling - a blood dragon, much harder than the normal ones i faced.

Then just had another while heading for Marchel (or whatever it is) a swamp city

by level 14 i had faced at least 4, i'm 24 now and i suspect normal ones are replaced with blood dragons now

so werewolves are awesome, but the extra attack is really offset by poor defense, far too much kills me these days

Shit wouldn't be so egregious if, say, the fucker had some armour, amarite? :heh:

Sure, at £3.99 again or whatever it cost last time? :p

Tip: Get Shadowmere. It's like almost impossible for it to die, unless it runs off a cliff.

My horse did exactly that and died. Sigh.

I am currently trying to upgrade my armour, it's taking quite some time..

My first horse died by running on to one of those lookout bridges (they end in a kind of beak sculpture) to kill an archer, then when I got on him again, he couldn't turn around and fell off. Farks sake.

I only ever had one horse, he died after a Sabre cat attacked him and I just never bothered getting another one. I hated having to get off the horse everytime I got attacked.

My horse (Before he died saving my life as we fell off a cliff) was epic. He took out a Dragon, Climbed structures to kill Archers. I refused to replace him. I tried bringing him back to life with a spell but he resisted. ;_;

Cheers for the help with Dragon hunting folks. I actually came across another one at Mount Anthor (or whatever it's called.)

I stole a horse once, it belonged to some bandits, so I didn't feel bad, but it kept buggering off back to where I found it. In the end, it never came back, so I assume it died.... :heh:

Yeah, stolen horses do that. You'd think they'd develop Stockholm Syndrome after you rode it long enough, but no...

I'm loving this game, level 27 now and 90 smithing :) wearing glass armour and loving it :D