NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Had a look at an FAQ earlier and im about half way through the main quest it looks like, im a bit suprised actually as it feels like ive barely done anything towards it and a lot more on side quests.

How many hours and what level are people up to so far then? Im level 17 at the moment and just about to hit 30 hours playtime.

Every time I go into Birna's oddments in Winterhold, she's all like, my husband spends all our gold on mead, and I'm like, bitch you're full of shit, you spend all your gold on the shiny wares I bring back from looting crypts.

I'm about 14 hours in and level 25. I've not done much of the main quest, but pickpocketing really helps with getting some good stuff. Makes levelling a breeze anyhow with trainers. My pickpocket skill is maxed at 100 which is great fun, being able to fully de-equip everyone and nab their stuff.

84 Hours played, level 33. Think I have found about 90% of the locations, makes my map look like a mess. My character is a close range melee weaponmaster. Switching weapon styles really makes the gameplay different, and changes the tactics you have to use.

Bloody companion! Was standing at the top of one of the mountains looking out and she decided to run up behind me and nudge me off!

Completed the main quest earlier, twas pretty awesome. Still got loads of side quests to do and find so I'm gonna be pretty busy still.

The sky in the afterlife area (don't remember it's name) was just amazing.

I did however expect the last battle to be harder.

Fucking Gamestop, btw. Skyrim price: 70e!

At the local small game shop: 64,90e.

At regular market and other game shops: 60e.

Talk about being fucking greedy... : o I mean they knew this game would be selling like a pro wrestler at a mime festival anyway, so if something, they could've sliced the price down a bit! But no, they just made up an even higher price of their own, apparently the huge sells were not enough for them! Like wtf...for a little local shop, an increase is totally understandable, but for the biggest game retail company in the world...? Totally ridiculous, sad and douchy. Not the first time they've done this, either...Was gonna trade some games in, but the price just put me off completely. Too greedy, did not buy. Major loss of respect for GS...

Anyway, started playing Xenoblade now, so that will take a while... ; D I'll see with Zelda and Skyrim after that...

Edited by Ville

Hehe, actually I did look for that as well... : D Would've prob been 60e, at least that was the case with Dark Souls. Anyway, maybe they should start playing the games themselves, so that they could sell pre-owned copies straight at launch! xD I mean the used section is very good in GS, so it seems very weird how their sale of new games can be so shittily over-priced : (

Had a 3 hour sesh earlier, creeped up to level 20. And just as i was saving, bam. Power-cut. I wasn't happy.

Christ almighty, the Thieves Guild is draining my time, but goddamn isn't it awesome. I started it expecting to be a slight distraction, but it's almost like a full story line in itself.

I look badass in the guild outfit though. Sneaky like a motherfucker.

Had a 3 hour sesh earlier, creeped up to level 20. And just as i was saving, bam. Power-cut. I wasn't happy.

You really should have the game set to auto save every 5 minutes, it is a Bethesda game after all.

You really should have the game set to auto save every 5 minutes, it is a Bethesda game after all.

Oblivion saves got corrupted very easily thanks to constant overwriting via auto/quick/manual saves in used slots so it was recommended to turn auto off, not use quick, and manual save in a fresh slot each time, it is a Bethesda game after all.

That was Oblivion though. I haven't seen any reports of corrupted saves for that reason this time around. Obviously you should supplement it with fresh saves every time you do something significant, but the auto save feature is a good backup.

Oblivion saves got corrupted very easily thanks to constant overwriting via auto/quick/manual saves in used slots so it was recommended to turn auto off, not use quick, and manual save in a fresh slot each time, it is a Bethesda game after all.

This time, there are three auto save slots to prevent that.

he did say power cut, though. Unless Bethesda recently invested their profits in the National Grid, I think we can rule them out of the blame for this one.

However, if they actually did make that investment, we're all fucked.:hmm:

The Daedric missions, stupid question but are they main questline related?

I don't want to miss the chance to get the artefacts for the achievement, and If they are main questline based then I'll have to be alot more cautious when completing missions,

not that I'm actually doing the main quest line,

I'm having far to much fun being a thief, Breaking into peoples houses in the middle of the night, snatching gold and other valuables to sell to the fence at the thieves guild.

Pickpocketing people in the day. So much fun.

need to perhaps focus on some other skills really, as it stands i'm great a lock picking, pick pocketing and sneaking, but crap at just about everything else heh.

I have now, did a few missions again last night. And made sure i saved after every other one i did.

he did say power cut, though. Unless Bethesda recently invested their profits in the National Grid, I think we can rule them out of the blame for this one.

If Bethesda had control of the power grid, oh boy. The world would end within a week no question about it.

Level 33 now, I guess 50 hour or something, don't know really. Been in all cities except the one between Solitude and Dawnstar.

Being an archer has it downside, I have to pick off anything from afar just in case. A few times I have killed what I thought was a lone bandit, only to find out the bandit has an unique name...Managed to murder the entire Forsworn clan you break out of Markath too. Couldn't understand why the guy that popped up at the entrance(figured he was an ally for a quest I had forgotten about) started attacking me when I killed the first "bandit" so I forced to kill him too. I had killed about 10 of them before I crawled up against a sleeping one, then I recognized his name as the leader of the prison break...I then silently walked away...Do they come back to life?

Think my horse is gone for good. It never appears when I teleport to a new location. I like walking anyway, easier to pick up things and talking to people.

I don't want to miss the chance to get the artefacts for the achievement, and If they are main questline based then I'll have to be alot more cautious when completing missions,

About that, can I sell/drop the artifact? I don't want to carry worthless junk I won't use.

I'm having far to much fun being a thief, Breaking into peoples houses in the middle of the night, snatching gold and other valuables to sell to the fence at the thieves guild.

Didn't know you could fence stuff. Thought I had to get the perk for that. Always just paid the bounty because it was cheaper and it cleares out a lot of worthless items I stole. Only pickpocket to level up for the most part.

Didn't know you could fence stuff. Thought I had to get the perk for that. Always just paid the bounty because it was cheaper and it cleares out a lot of worthless items I stole. Only pickpocket to level up for the most part.

yeah, after the 2nd quest if thieves guild

are in their theif club house place, I forget the name. There is a women called Tonalia who'll buy your stolen goodies

:)

Anyone know how to kill that Nose guy without the entire city becoming hostile. I waited until he was done talking to attack but the guards were still after me when I ran out of the house with his servants chasing me. Do I need to wait until someone actually attacks me?

Even if the last save was corrupted, he could still restore from the auto save before that.

Edited by Emasher