NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I was doing one of those battles for a fort (Imperials Vs Stormcloaks) when not one, but two dragons appeared (one was a random one, one was named). They weren't part of the quest - it was just luck that it happened. Made for an epic battle.

:( Cant get my horse back. He's decided to stand right in the entrance to a cave so when I try to get on him it tries to load the cave and then clips me to some weird section of the map (or under it)

I actually managed to get it out of the cave entrance with a dragon shout but then it was killed just up the path by a sabre cat!

Also, I think while I was off doing a side quest the guards from Whiterun might have killed a main story dragon. Theres now dragon bones in an area I havent killed one before and its a named dragon and I thought the only dragons that got names were the main story ones right?

Managed to join the thieves guild finally. And also bought the cheapest house to store stuff in. I can finally pick something up without being over encumbered.

Man, this main theme is friggin' outstanding... : o Such power and pathos, totally inspiring!

Also, first snow came here today, totally fits the theme : D

Rest in Peace Lydia, you were helpful in battle but bloody annoying when you got in my way!

Just wait until your wedding.

This game is win. Me and two giants were beating the snot out of this dragon. We killed it. The giants made me in to a baseball.

I reloaded.

This time same thing, but I sprinted away from the giants just as the dragon fell and... got mauled by a sabre cat.

lol.

Really liking the combat in this one though. I think they've almost nailed it, though taking on multiple opponents in melee is still very messy.

I seriously need to upgrade my weaponry and magic skills. Everytime i go near the giants, i get wiped out within 1 punch. And i barely do any damage to them.

I used some of my money to talk to a mage to assist me with acquring better powers/skill. I'm not a full mage, i am 1/2 mage and 1/2 warrior. Use powers and an axe to take down my foes. And once they are down, i pillage them for everything of value. Some might say i have an "interesting" approach. I say i need the gold to purchase property.

I always search through every body, I need the arrows and the money is nice. Sometimes you can find something valuable too like robes worth 500-1000 gold is pretty nice.

As for my problems earlier, it helps resetting, but it doesn't take many hours before it happens again, like 2-3 hours. Appearently they are working on it.

Money...

Thief blessing stone. Go to a skill trainer. Pay to train. Level up skill. Pickpocket money back from trainer. Level up pickpocket skill in process. Train again. Pickpocket again. Etc.

By the time you've skilled up 5 times via the trainer (limit per level) and pickpocketed the trainer each time likely you will have levelled up (or close to at later levels).

This time same thing, but I sprinted away from the giants just as the dragon fell and... got mauled by a sabre cat.

What level are you at that you still get killed by sabre cats?

I've officially given up on the game being delivered...Today I saw a TNT van (usually parcels from shopto are sent via Royal Mail in the UK and being handled by TNT in Germany) and a guy getting out of it, walking to my door with no package in his hands and then he walked back and drove away. I was too far away, so I couldn't talk to him...I mean, what the hell is this about? Why does this happen with Skyrim :(

Oh yeah, this isn' the bad stuff thread...

I can't go on watching gameplay videos -.-

I anyone else experiencing the game crashing when using the Steam screenshot function?

I anyone else experiencing the game crashing when using the Steam screenshot function?

Once or twice yeah, but not since I increased the amount of RAM the game can use via a 4gb patcher for applications, and also messed around a bit with the ini file for skyrim. Necessities with Bethesda games really.

EDIT: Also if you want money, do daedric shrine quests (at high level). Level 24, went in with 5k gold, came out with 9k and a shiny new uber blade.

I present to you, The Dawnbreaker:

3DA956540EF953B2709AD649A2906465B7DAD63C

Edited by Deathjam

The soundtrack in this game is just redunkulous. The ambient spot music alone blows me away totally.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

Can anyone explain to me how I seem to have randomly lost firewood from my inventory? I was trying out a technique to earn money by chopping wood whilst AFK. I started with 11 firewood, left it chopping and came back to find 5 firewood in my inventory. Weird...

What level are you at that you still get killed by sabre cats?

I had like 10HP left or something silly. And I was low level at the time, it was actually the first Sabre Cat I'd seen so I was properly like WTF??? Funny shit though.

Done the Companions, Main Quest and Stormcloak storylines now. No idea what to do next other than do menial quest after menial quest with no sense of purpose, so I started again with a Wood Elf Thief. Archery is actually pretty awesome and I'm loving having a high sneak level :D

Edited by McPhee

Done the Companions

I have a question about how that ends:

The last mission I did was hunting the heads of witches for the harbinger.

When I got back, the companions had been attacked, and the "leader" dead. Two of them were cowering over his body, with another companion injured and on the floor.

They seem to be completely stuck like this, and talking to the ones inside just bring up the "Person is Busy" message. It seems like it's a rather big quest-ending glitch. Am I right in thinking this or is this how it's actually supposed to be (if so, it's incredibly lame)?

Apologies if it's been posted already.

halolz-dot-com-skyrim-borisbadasshorse.jpg

HaHA awesome but I doubt that Borris will live a long life as his master gets stronger...

So addicted to this game, have to tear myself away from it every night. Would recommend getting latest drivers for gfx cards as it seems to stop the ctds I had before. That and messing with how the game uses the ram. Just enjoyed my second go at being a werewolf and twas awesome, lept on a few ppl tearing their throats out, fed a bit, and knocked some people clean across the room. It's a very good power for those times when you come across those bandit chiefs that are totally clad in heavy armour with a battle axe and know how to use it. I actually think the transformation scared him as he just stood there blocking, waiting for me to finish.

Edited by Deathjam