NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

That's made my night.

Loving the "random" dragon attacks, since the first initial attack in the main story. Ok, they can get annoying especially on a mission or something. But they do freshen things up. My assistant comes in handy in battles, acquired her after defeating the dragon in the main story.

Bought myself a horse as well, so no stealing one anymore. I've had fist-fights, people running up to me asking for help and random missions popping up. I do like this game.

Still no Skyrim for me...:nono: That's what I get for importing...I hate.

Insanity-puppy-im-trying-to-spell-mrder-all-im-missing-...jpg?1318992465

Edited by drahkon

Haha, go out and buy it now and take the game back!

Ended up finally getting some questing done this morning, doing the golden claw quest. I seem to be skipping things etc.

fail.

Love this game. Chose to be wood elf majoring in archery. Not very good at it so I moonlight with one handed sword quite a lot :p

The amount of quests are almost overwhelming. I tried to get a bunch done yesterday. After an half an hour or so I had completed one quest, but in the process gathered 4 or 5 more^^' But I like how detailed most of them are, there's a story behind everything.

But no matter how much I like the game I might not ever pick it up again. I don't know why it happens, and why now. For the past 5-8 hours in game, the game, what do you call it, staggers a lot. In the beginning it was minor, and only happened when I teleported to a new place or entered a city. But then they lasted longer and with shorter intervals. Then it happnes when I'm randomly roaming the overworld or the city. It's very hard to get anything done when the game acts like a slideshow 10-20% of the time. I randomly ran into a dragon on the overworld, but I had to reload because I couldn't beat it when the game acts up like that. Please tell me there's a solution for this, I can't play a game like this for 100 hours. Does it help to clean up the HDD? I think the 120 GB harddrive I have is near full.

I think it's because of the sheer amount of information the game requires to run causes the staggering. I know my game locked out as i was entering a town after defeating a dragon, so i had to reload and lost that progress. Other than that little hic-cup, i've had no other issues at all.

My character is one from the south. Majoring in 1 handed weaponry and magic, with the occasional use of archery. Using a lot of Nord weaponry atm, because it looks great. I should upgrade to a better sword, the enemies are starting to get tougher now. Missions are varied, and i like that.

My main issue (on 360) is that the game has crashed three of four times on loading screens.

Also, one of my horses randomly died when I left a cave and another simply disappeared.

Level xx nord vs Giant = cartwheeling through the air.

Fun game.

FIXED

Love this game.

Have trouble with archers (as if)? Get shield skill "Deflect Arrows" for no dmg from arrows, or if confident, equip a 2 hander and sprint towards them doing a power attack for double dmg which often kills in 1 hit (with the relevant skill purchase of course).

Having trouble with mages (big time yes)? Get shield skill "Elemetal Protection" so all elements do 50% less dmg when using shield. Now you can block magic attacks so they do pitiful dmg, and use shout skill "Whirlwind Sprint" to close distance, and shield bash those damn annoying witches and hagravens to they are so concussed they cant remember how to cast spells any longer, or just dead.

Playing as a warrior in this game is so much better than oblivion.

Love this game. Chose to be wood elf majoring in archery. Not very good at it so I moonlight with one handed sword quite a lot :p

The amount of quests are almost overwhelming. I tried to get a bunch done yesterday. After an half an hour or so I had completed one quest, but in the process gathered 4 or 5 more^^' But I like how detailed most of them are, there's a story behind everything.

But no matter how much I like the game I might not ever pick it up again. I don't know why it happens, and why now. For the past 5-8 hours in game, the game, what do you call it, staggers a lot. In the beginning it was minor, and only happened when I teleported to a new place or entered a city. But then they lasted longer and with shorter intervals. Then it happnes when I'm randomly roaming the overworld or the city. It's very hard to get anything done when the game acts like a slideshow 10-20% of the time. I randomly ran into a dragon on the overworld, but I had to reload because I couldn't beat it when the game acts up like that. Please tell me there's a solution for this, I can't play a game like this for 100 hours. Does it help to clean up the HDD? I think the 120 GB harddrive I have is near full.

It shouldn't have much influence on the game. It wouldn't hurt to run CCleaner and defrag, but beyond that all you can really do is turn down the graphical settings.

FIXED

Love this game.

Have trouble with archers (as if)? Get shield skill "Deflect Arrows" for no dmg from arrows, or if confident, equip a 2 hander and sprint towards them doing a power attack for double dmg which often kills in 1 hit (with the relevant skill purchase of course).

Having trouble with mages (big time yes)? Get shield skill "Elemetal Protection" so all elements do 50% less dmg when using shield. Now you can block magic attacks so they do pitiful dmg, and use shout skill "Whirlwind Sprint" to close distance, and shield bash those damn annoying witches and hagravens to they are so concussed they cant remember how to cast spells any longer, or just dead.

Playing as a warrior in this game is so much better than oblivion.

I just run at them and tap attack like mad.

I've developed a good technique for close combat. When they attack I step back and start swinging my greatsword while moving back into range. Seems quite effective.

Edited by Cube

Okay, I'm buying it tomorrow, I got some unexpected cash... I really need to know... PS3 or 360?

I don't get something with the 360 issue... installing the game makes it worse??? If that's true, I'm going PS3 all the way, coz I absolutely hate that unbearable noise the 360 makes running games of the disc!

The 360 patch is being worked on but its not been said when it'll be finished.

I can only comment on the version I have but ive had no proper problems with my PS3 version

Is playing full mage a viable tactic in elder scrolls. I'm playing a dark elf and wondering whether having spells in both hands is effective enough?

Is playing full mage a viable tactic in elder scrolls. I'm playing a dark elf and wondering whether having spells in both hands is effective enough?

I'm trying to play as a pure mage now. Its viable, but I recommend carrying a one handed weapon and a bow as a backup. Carry lots of health potions though, because you're not going to want to use your magic to heal yourself. Also, learn some projectile spells (Firebolt, etc.), and maybe a ward spell.

Yeah im playing with one hand magic and one hand sword. I do wish though that there was a quicker way of switching spells, I want to be able to cycle to my healing spell while in battle and having the game pause while you go through your favourites isnt ideal.

Can you not map favorites to the D-pad in the console version like in Oblivion/Fallout 3/NV? I suppose that still isn't great for setting the particular hand you want it in though.

I tried doing the one hand magic one hand sword thing, but not being able to block while in melee combat isn't really ideal. Plus two handed spell casting allows you to deal with more difficult foes quicker.

No you use up on the d pad now to bring up your favourites menu.

Yeah I do miss being able to block!

Man, this does sound pretty sweet...actually torn between this and Zelda SS now : / Ass...

Fuck this shit. The game's still not arrived.

Seems like Portal 2 all over again which hasn't been delivered, either. Tried it twice but had to wait 44 days just to find out that both orders had been lost.

Don't want to get Skyrim here, though, because the PS3 version only comes with German voiceovers. I imported just to get the English ones.

1274174271081_f.jpg

Bloomin' eck.

Anyway, horses - you should be able to fast travel to somewhere and it should reappear.

I have, unwittingly followed the main story, I was going to try and do as many side quests as possible but sort of moved on from it! Whoops.

I'll most likely re-play it again as soon as I'm done anyway, which is fine with meee.

Anyway, horses - you should be able to fast travel to somewhere and it should reappear.

Or, leave yourself on the horse and fast travel. Horsey doesn't vanish then, well not as long as i've done this.

They are stupid though, had to reload my game because my horse decided by itself to run into a dragon and kill itself. Am i really that bad of an owner??

Edited by Jimbob