NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

As an individual with no great love of previous iterations of the series, who only spent half an hour in Oblivion because of the voice acting, who has never engaged in any part the fantasy genre in any meaningful way, who prefers sci-fi and action games and who just happened to give this ten minutes or so of it because his house mate had it around...

Skyrim is good.

Skyrim is very, very, veeeeeery good.

That is all.

Edited by gaggle64

Loving this game

Have faced 2 dragons so far, with my horse dying on the 2nd. Luckly, the horse and cart travel comes in handy.

That's weird, given how similar Skyrim and Oblivion are, how did you hate one and love the other?

My friend likes Skyrim but not Oblivion.

He claims that Oblivion's combat was too clunky.

And that this isn't.

Quick question for people already playing Skyrim, since I don't have the game yet: are there torches in the game? I haven't seen torches in any Skyrim video till now nor are they listed in the UESP (yet), but it seems like an odd removal if in fact they removed them...

I loved using torches in dungeons in Oblivion and I always carried a lot of them since they had no weight.

Quick question for people already playing Skyrim, since I don't have the game yet: are there torches in the game? I haven't seen torches in any Skyrim video till now nor are they listed in the UESP (yet), but it seems like an odd removal if in fact they removed them...

I loved using torches in dungeons in Oblivion and I always carried a lot of them since they had no weight.

Candlelight spell is better but there are torches in the game.

Candlelight spell is better but there are torches in the game.

The light spells are something that they've really improved in this game. Being able to shoot a ball of light and have it stick to a wall is a very welcome addition indeed.

God damn it, I'm anxious to get this but can't till December. I had to choose so I chose Zelda and Uncharted... I'm regretting that I chose U3 before this so much... I could be playing it right now... :(

Gah... I've been playing Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall, why on earth did I choose Unch 3????

Also:

560799_460s.jpg

God damn it, I'm anxious to get this but can't till December. I had to choose so I chose Zelda and Uncharted... I'm regretting that I chose U3 before this so much... I could be playing it right now... :(

Gah... I've been playing Elder Scrolls since Daggerfall, why on earth did I choose Unch 3????

Also:

Any trade in deals in your part of the world? Over here you can swap Uncharted 3 for Skyrim for £4.99 at GAME.

Love that with the Nordic theme a lot of characters sound like they are bad Arnie impersonators!

1. When companion crouches, AI stops attacking them and focuses on you
  2. They can only be killed by you

I'm inclined to think its the former.

I'm now pretty sure it's the second. I tried to get married..

..when suddenly my old companion's body was thrown through the door. The person I married left me

So I must have accidentally hit her in battle.

Love that with the Nordic theme a lot of characters sound like they are bad Arnie impersonators!

I thought they sounded more like newfies to be honest.

Any trade in deals in your part of the world? Over here you can swap Uncharted 3 for Skyrim for £4.99 at GAME.

I want to keep Unch. I liked it. And am still playing the multiplayer!

@\.\.\. @Sheikah @Cube @gaggle64 Thanks for the opinions!

Based on what you guys have said I think I will give it a go and make a purchase! Although I will prob do what @flameboy is thinking of doing and wait till the New Year when there isn't as many new games coming out as if I love this it may take over my life...

Back home. Skyrim isn't here...

I_has_a_sad_RE_6_Insane_Discoveries_That_Science_Cant_Explain-s300x400-113580.png

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow...someone's gotta die.

Back home. Skyrim isn't here...

I_has_a_sad_RE_6_Insane_Discoveries_That_Science_Cant_Explain-s300x400-113580.png

If it doesn't arrive tomorrow...someone's gotta die.

Please don;t make it the cat :(

My friend's 120 quid "special" edition got sent to the wrong address.

Lolz.

Game sent it to his old address, that he no longer even has stored on his account preferences.

They refused to admit it was their mistake though.

My friend's 120 quid "special" edition got sent to the wrong address.

Lolz.

Game sent it to his old address, that he no longer even has stored on his account preferences.

They refused to admit it was their mistake though.

Haven't bought from GAME since I realised their staff were braindead telling me lies and I hate their policies (which I can't even remember).

Just installing it now, whee exciting.

The map you get with the physical copy is lovely, didn't expect that (I also got another copy because I got the strategy guide, the guide was 9.99 and looks pretty, I got it for no other reason.)

@\.\.\. @Sheikah @Cube @gaggle64 Thanks for the opinions!

Based on what you guys have said I think I will give it a go and make a purchase! Although I will prob do what @flameboy is thinking of doing and wait till the New Year when there isn't as many new games coming out as if I love this it may take over my life...

It just makes sense to me with so many things to play at once. Stay out of this thread and try not to get spoilt there will still be tons of people playing it come the New Year.

So had a quick play.

Already forgot that stealing horses = lots of money lost.

Wandered about and now I'm lost already, but it's very very good, the village people and their quirks are making me laugh.

I believe I heard ''oh my husband, he'll probably have his head up Jarl's ass''

HAHA.

Wandered about and now I'm lost already, but it's very very good, the village people and their quirks are making me laugh..

4810881.jpg