NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I'm slightly winging it by getting it on friday, I can't play it til monday. :shakehead

Shopto dispatched my copy today. But I'll be in Bruges from tomorrow on. Until Monday.

No, I'm looking forward to spending four days in fucking Bruges

It's my mum's birthday this weekend, luckily, I'm working 2-11 all next week and have Tuesday off, so that should be gooooood.

It's the only game this year I've been really excited about.

I don't have to work at all next week. :grin: I will neglect my social life and get lost in the world of Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. I simply cannot wait.

It's the only game this year I've been really excited about.

Same for me. Just up there with Dark Souls.

Shopto dispatched my order (with a nice picture of the package, how nice of them) earlier today. Can't wait to get my hands on it. If it arrives tomorrow, i'll be customising all night i think

Damn new i should of gone with shopto instead of amazon. Ah well steam would have delayed play till friday anyways.

Will be interesting to see what kind of spells we have this time. Although, not very confident about leviation making a return...no idea why they removed it in Oblivion, made Morrowind great fun to play! :( I mean the mages can do all other kinds of crazy stuff anyway, and flying totally completes that picture! Makes you feel like teh Master of the Universky or something :D Actually, that omission is prob one reason why Oblivion didn't feel so awesome as Morrowind...dang.

Well, at least there should be dual magic or something like that this time. Friday = details...

Can we make a big announcement that shopto now take pictures of their shipments, and you can safely stfu about it now? :p

This one, unfortunately, is going to have to go on the maybe-for-christmas list :3

Or perhaps I will trade in BF3...

Pre-loading via Steam at the moment. Can't wait.

What races and classes are people planning on playing as?

I'm thinking I might start out as a battle mage again, as I did in oblivion, but I'm not really sure about race yet.

Funny thing is alot of the things like levitation and open cities are possible with oblivion via mods, but obviously mostly only possible on PC. I say mostly cos there are claims it's possible on consoles but all sounded retarded/illegal/unfeasable.

Since when is violating an EULA a criminal offense?

Some methods stated requiring a chipped machine and all were found amoungst posts of angry fanboys on youtube. I don't know how valid the claims were, but if I want to mod a game, ill be sticking to pc, hence why i bought pc version of skyrim. Can't wait to see what the modders can achieve. And amazon sent me a dispatch mail so if im lucky, i'll be oggling my copy of skyrim probably in the afternoon.

I'm pretty sure that's still just a civil thing at the most. Its your hardware, you have the right to do what you want with it. If you violate someone's copy-write, they can sue you. If you break the EULA they can ban you from PSN/XBL, but unless you live in some sort of nanny state you're not going to get charged with anything... oh wait...

Funny thing is alot of the things like levitation and open cities are possible with oblivion via mods, but obviously mostly only possible on PC. I say mostly cos there are claims it's possible on consoles but all sounded retarded/illegal/unfeasable.

Heh, well actually I did play Morrowind on the PC, and with the Oblivion mana regen mod running! :D The mods really can make the game better / more fun to play...Unfort my PC can't handle newer games at all, so I have to stick to the vanilla 360 version...not given modding a real thought thus far, and your post doesn't really encourage me more either. PC also has one more benefit, i.e. the keyboard + mouse; a much more comfortable combination than a gamepad in these kinds of games...

Edited by Ville
Grammatical nit-picking ;D

I'm pretty sure that's still just a civil thing at the most. Its your hardware, you have the right to do what you want with it. If you violate someone's copy-write, they can sue you. If you break the EULA they can ban you from PSN/XBL, but unless you live in some sort of nanny state you're not going to get charged with anything... oh wait...

it certainly is in America and maybe Canada as well? Don't think it is over here.

This is annoying. At some random point ShopTo reset my delivery address to my card address. Where I no longer live.

I got my copy (PC) this morning. Doesn't unlock until tomorrow :( How stupid.

Craaaaaaaap :shakehead

EDIT: It's even worse than expected, wont even allow a pre install of the game. REALLLLLY stupid. But puts steam users ahead as they are allowed a pre-install, even if it takes aeons to decrypt those files.

Edited by Deathjam

it certainly is in America and maybe Canada as well? Don't think it is over here.

In most countries it can be a bit of grey area, and it really depends on context. But the mod chips themselves generally aren't illegal. Some countries make circumventing DRM measures illegal (The United States as an example) so if that was your intent, you could potentially be charged, but people who just modify the hardware generally aren't breaking any laws. Again, it all depends on context.

EDIT: It's even worse than expected, wont even allow a pre install of the game. REALLLLLY stupid. But puts steam users ahead as they are allowed a pre-install, even if it takes aeons to decrypt those files.

Shouldn't take too long. Its only 6 GB or so (surprisingly), which is smaller than most games.

It's sad, but I turned to Skirow to sort this out. Now installed, cracked and ready to go :D Driving lesson in 20 mins so not bothering to play it right now, don't want to spoil the undoubtedly epic intro.

While I really like Steam, it's times like this that it just ticks me off.

I got my copy (PC) this morning. Doesn't unlock until tomorrow :( How stupid.

That is stupid. If they are doing this, then shouldn't they put a block on early copies for the consoles. I know it probably is impossible to do.

This is annoying. At some random point ShopTo reset my delivery address to my card address. Where I no longer live.

Umm. Hope you can still pick it up.

Why's that, Steam users shouldn't be allowed to jump ahead in my opinion, sounds a little unfair to me.

All i know is, that my copy is at home. Probably won't go on it tonight, there's a Time Team special on at 9 and Russell Howard is on afterwards. May get on, who knows.

Umm. Hope you can still pick it up.

It's not too bad - my old house is my Gradma's house. She phoned to let me know it arrived, and said I may as well stay for tea. So free food.

I just wanna play my copy of skyrim :( Got Really busy day tomorrow starting from 10:00am

I'm not really that into western RPGs of this type, but reading a couple reviews this looks a bit interesting. Can I get much done before Zelda? Or is it an 100+ hour game?

I've not got a copy yet, I didn't pre-order as I've just had shit going on, but if I can't find Skyrim under £35 in town tomorrow, I'm steaming it up.

Not that I can play it until Monday anyway..