NEurope
Dyson

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

If you play a Bethesda game for the graphics, you're doing it wrong.
I understand the experience you get from these games, but I thought they were updating the engine with this game, which if the case, isn't evident.

If they never were, then fine, but the Obivion engine and the resulting character models look very dated by current standards.

It has been updated, and It looked quite obvious from the video (even if it was just the 360 version). They appear to still be using some resources from Oblivion though, and seeing as the game isn't coming out until November, its likely that not everything is finished.

Super super excited about this, before the trailer I was super excited but now after it I am super super excited.

Dont know if anyone has asked but what platform will you get it on? I enjoyed Elder Scrolls Oblivion and Morrowind more on the PC the the 360/Xbox!

Yeah. It's a shame mine can't even play Morrowind decently, lol.

same my laptop is very outdated now

cant wait for this as clocked up sooooo many hours on oblivion. hurry up 11th nov:love:

Dear Bethesda,

340x.jpg

True that.

If you play a Bethesda game for the graphics, you're doing it wrong.

Naw. Bethesda games look sick! Oblivion, Fallout 3 and New Vegas still look fantastic on PC; even more so with the plethora of mods designed to enhance visuals. Try these, for example; http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1306005

ScreenShot0-1.jpg

Skyrim is looking fantastic! OK, the water looked a little dodgy, but hopefully that's WIP (but then why include it in the trailer if it isn't up to par yet?). The scenery, character and creature models look sublime! The mountainous setting is stunning! Cannot wait for it to come out :D

Edited by McPhee

Fucking finally. Looks like they're fixing everything that was busted about the Elder Scrolls games =D.

This is the first game I'm actually getting excited about for a while now.

Fucking finally. Looks like they're fixing everything that was busted about the Elder Scrolls games =D.

In fairness, we can't be sure about the flaw of one voice actor being used for the vocal cords of 100 different citizens being removed. :heh:

That said, the game does look a lot more dynamic than last time and I loved Oblivion despite it's flaws. Will almost definitely pick this up at some point.

Looks absolutely great! Makes me a bit sad I can't play Oblivion on my computer for some reason :cry:. I was just starting to get into it.. This looks miles better though. I can imagine booting this game up just to make a stroll through the forest.

I tell ya what, this has to be one of the best looking games i've seen in a long time. And one that i am really looking forward to.

I absolutely hated Oblivion, but after seeing this in action I'm massively looking forward to it.

I absolutely hated Oblivion, but after seeing this in action I'm massively looking forward to it.

Oblivion is quite a good game, but there are points of that title which i didn't like myself, namely going into 3rd person. And that it looked like a port from PC to console.

Where-as i think Skyrim has been built for the console this time around.

Oblivion is quite a good game, but there are points of that title which i didn't like myself, namely going into 3rd person. And that it looked like a port from PC to console.

Where-as i think Skyrim has been built for the console this time around.

I thought it was the other way around - a port from the console to the PC and hence why the PC version is coded so badly.

3rd Person looks silly (jumping anyone?) but I still think Oblivion is a beautiful looking game... though the tile map dungeon areas were a bit bland/repetitive.

I'm looking forward to this but there is no way my PC will run it... but then I could do with buying a new one anyway.

I thought it was the other way around - a port from the console to the PC and hence why the PC version is coded so badly.

That's correct. Although, it wasn't dumbed down as much as other games have been recently.

They've been claiming that they're focusing more on the PC side with Skyrim, although that's probably just marketing.

I really don't mind the overlap in fantasy stories, worlds and designs, as long as it's not esoteric Japanese stuff. But where could they possibly have taken that from?

QexjJ.jpg

;)

I bet a king dies at some point. If I was the king and figured out I was in a fantasy game I'd drop it immediately. "You! You're the king now!" *runs out of the castle and never returns*

I'm really looking forward to this...

...but I don't think the graphics are that great to be honest.

But I'm not really bothered about that.

I could be the same graphics as Oblivion and I'd be down with that.

One thing I'd like to see in Skyrim is more seamless words. If the game can keep track of such a large detailed world, why should you have to wait at a loading screen every time you go into a small building? There were mods that allowed cities to be part of the main world space in oblivion, so its definitely technically possible.

One thing I'd like to see in Skyrim is more seamless words. If the game can keep track of such a large detailed world, why should you have to wait at a loading screen every time you go into a small building? There were mods that allowed cities to be part of the main world space in oblivion, so its definitely technically possible.

These days, games like LA Noire allow you to enter a building minus a loading screen, so i don't see how things like this couldn't make it into a game, especially one like Skyrim.

I'm really looking forward to this...

...but I don't think the graphics are that great to be honest.

I think they look great, a step up from Fallout, even though I played that game on full settings on PC.

The true improvement is the fact that your character looks and animates like he has some real physical connection to the world, rather than the shit poor collision detection, stiff and robotic characters, and the way you seemed to just slide over the land as if on traction resistant roller blades.

Lets just hope that they continue with the theme and don't just populate the world with clusters of blatantly autistic people. The amount of times you hear "Hail" and "Well met!" and other such bullshit makes the game seem like it was written by a mentally addled member of the society of creative anachronisms.