NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

This game's amazing.

Don't really care for the collectibles. I just pick up the ones I see. Not going to search all.

Just following the main path is great enough : peace:

Floating flashlight :p

Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition.jpg

Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition_1.jpg

Ha, that happened on the 360 version in the exact same area, thought they would've fixed it by now.

Finished this last night, really enjoyed it in the end and looking forward to the next installment.

Finished this today, really enjoyed it in the end and looking forward to the next installment. :p

Finished this over a year ago, really enjoyed it in the end and looking forward to the next installment. Also slightly surprised by how many of you skipped this one last generation!

Think I'll finish it today (I may be 1 or 2 hours before the end).

the Endurance

Am I close to the end?

Finished this over a year ago, really enjoyed it in the end and looking forward to the next installment. Also slightly surprised by how many of you skipped this one last generation!

Well, I was under the impression that Tomb Raider had become generic (it had a load of other games since its original PS1 titles that were so so). By the time I heard people liked it, I was busy with other games and just never got round to it.

I'm going to pick it up when I get a PS4

My first Tomb Raider game :)

Yeah this was my game of the year when it first came out. Bought it again on PS4 for the upgraded stuff (and I couldnt play my PS3 version anymore). Really looking forward to the sequel.

This game is currently 80% off on Steam, so I must ask: how is the DLC for this game? Anything meaningful (like extensions of the main story), or is everything map packs and weapons?

there is a couple of extra tombs so you can get a leg up on items, some early access to perks/weapons DLC and the the vast majority is for the multiplayer

This game is currently 80% off on Steam, so I must ask: how is the DLC for this game? Anything meaningful (like extensions of the main story), or is everything map packs and weapons?

There's one tiny, insignificant tomb. The rest is costumes and multiplayer maps.

Finally went for it myself. I still want to get a retail version, but I won´t find it this cheap.

I think the cheapest i've ever seen it at retail was £23, and that was in a sale.

So finished this a few days ago.. Great ride overall, with some great looking setpieces. Controls were great, but gameplay overall, well, was fine, but I wouldn´t rate this game a Game of the year (of last year..). I enjoyed the rollercoaster ride, although I wouldn´t have mind if they went a little less over the top. It´s unbelievable how Lara keeps finding herself in more trouble.. Then looking at the skeletons and streams of blood under the monastary I believe.. I mean, how many people get stranded on that island? Looks like a small country had been sacrificed :rolleyes:.. Reminded me of something like Resident Evil 4 with all the over-the-top-ness. After all the talk about Metroid influences, I was hoping more of that, but the game´s still quite linear. There´s no real need to backtrack. I have no real desire to pick up the rest of the collectibles after finishing the game.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and I´m looking forward to the sequel (and film perhaps), but I´m done with this one.

Bought this online just now for PS4 and plan to pick it up in store shortly. Already own it on PS3 but I need an excuse to play this great game again + prettier graphics, and Sleeping Dogs doesn't seem to arrive before Monday. Do people still play it online? Never got the platinum on PS3 because of it but considering trying now if people still play online on this.

Ine's playing through this game for the very first time. I'm very jealous of her for experiencing it fresh. I've forgotten how wonderful this game looked!

Seriously tempted to play it again soon...

Is it bad that I really enjoy taking enemies down with the bow? Or hitting them in the head with the pick axe? I feel like some horrible, brutal murderer, but I am enjoying it so much!

The game is very over the top by the way, but once you accept that and the millions of ways in which Lara can die, then it isn't too bad. =P

Those weapons are put in there for pure satisfaction. Accompanied by those crunchy sound effects, the overly gratifying pull and release of a bow and the additional skill required to land a kill with a single arrow over a spray of bullets - it's all about feelgood factor. Just shows they've done it right.

That said, I would be concerned if you suggested field archery lessons and bought a pry axe off the back of this experience.

Is it bad that I really enjoy taking enemies down with the bow? Or hitting them in the head with the pick axe? I feel like some horrible, brutal murderer, but I am enjoying it so much!

The game is very over the top by the way, but once you accept that and the millions of ways in which Lara can die, then it isn't too bad. =P

No, i did such that myself. Prefered using the bow over guns, more stealthy and more satisfaction.

I hear the sequel is exclusive to the 360/One or Is it a timed exclusive?

It's a timed exclusive, thankfully!