NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

Picking up my copy tomorrow on the way home from work. Got a free weekend ready to play this again.

Got this game on the cheap and really enjoying it. Levels are great, graphics are great. Just wish tombs were bit longer.

Got this game on the cheap and really enjoying it. Levels are great, graphics are great. Just wish tombs were bit longer.

Couldn't agree more, it's a fantastic game. I'm really glad i picked this up.

Yeah, same here. It's been a while, but I thought it was going to be a very bad adventure/action game, as I'd imagnined from the pre 2000 game covers. Boy, I was wrong. Definitivelely my 2013 surprise of the year.

Also recently played through this and was pleasantly surprised. Poor Lara though, it never lets up for her!

I'm really, really, reeeally enjoying this. It's hooking me back in constantly and I'm finding it hard to put down.

I've done the geothermal caverns section and am now at the Summit Forest, the fast travel camp there, not long after the plane crashes with Lara in it.

So played this on PS3 but unexpectedly got the Definitive Edition for Xbox One off my soon to be brother in law what a great chance to replay one of my games of the year.

Convince me to like this game. I put it on for twenty minutes and turned it off. Graphically its very good but the opening gameplay seems very very dated. Am i wrong? Everyone says this is amazing, do i need to push through the first couple of hours?

Fair enough if you don't like it, but I'm not sure how you could find the gameplay very very dated. Or are you playing the original Tomb Raider from 1996?

The very first puzzle had a resident evil feel to it. Go under waterfall, press square, light box, jump here, press triangle there. I dont know, i normally get a "feel" for a game straight away. I was hoping someone would tell me it gets better!

It's not really a puzzle game like the old Tomb Raiders, it's a plot-driven cover shooter with a metroidvania style item collection, backtracking approach.

Am i the only one who feels the original resident evil for this game?! Right down to 2 bullets to put down the dogs/wolfs!

Im actually enjoying the game now, i will finish it i think but not with all the collectables which im finding quite tedious.

I've just got to the end of the game. Completely engrossed all the way through. I was glued to it, wanted to upgrade weapons and find the collectables. For me, it's one of the finest games I've played in a long time.

Bring on the sequel!

Go under waterfall, press square, light box, jump here, press triangle there.

Don't most games combine things happening with things happening as a result of you pressing buttons? :p

Don't most games combine things happening with things happening as a result of you pressing buttons? :p

You primitive ape. It's all telekinetic now.

After finishing Watch Dogs I decided to give this game another go as I bought the definitive edition a couple of months ago.

It's great so far : peace:

And I threw a lantern against a Molotov Cocktail :D

I finished the campaign today and thoroughly enjoyed it. So glad I didn't play this on the PS3 either as the particle, lighting and other effects are gorgeous. Not sure if I'll go back to do all the collectibles but I guess the multiplayer isn't worth putting time into.

I finished the campaign today and thoroughly enjoyed it. So glad I didn't play this on the PS3 either as the particle, lighting and other effects are gorgeous. Not sure if I'll go back to do all the collectibles but I guess the multiplayer isn't worth putting time into.

I'm torn on this, too. I want more, but then feel that I've seen the ending and I usually feel a bit silly going back to a game after that, unless I'm starting from fresh. What exactly do you do in the multiplayer, I've never tried it.

I think I'll go through this again next summer, and use that as a time to 100% it.

I collected everything before completing the game, without using the cheat button (which I didn't use the entire game).

As for the multiplayer, it's a really rubbish Uncharted multiplayer clone.

I collected everything before completing the game, without using the cheat button (which I didn't use the entire game).

As for the multiplayer, it's a really rubbish Uncharted multiplayer clone.

That's a shame, if they were going to rip it off they could have at least done it right I suppose, what's so bad about it specifically? I'm interested as I was wondering if it was worth playing even briefly to get the trophies for it in the definitive edition.

That's a shame, if they were going to rip it off they could have at least done it right I suppose, what's so bad about it specifically?

There isn't really anything bad about it. It's more that there isn't anything good about it. It just...exists.

I really enjoyed the multiplayer, liked the arenas and the different modes a lot. Traps, changing environments and vantage points kept it pretty fresh. It didn't keep me hooked beyond a couple of weeks and didn't have the depth of Uncharted, but it was certainly enjoyable. There's no way it was "really rubbish". Maybe you were just really rubbish at it? :p

I lost my save data on this before Christmas last year when my old 40GB PS3 croaked, so I recently started playing it again from the beginning. It's definitely a good game, but I've found that I haven't touched it for a couple of weeks now after getting to around the 30% mark. This is pretty much exactly where I lost a bit of interest last time too :hmm:

I'm sure I'll get back to it again at some point, but it seems strange that I stopped in the same place both times..

This game's amazing.

Don't really care for the collectibles. I just pick up the ones I see. Not going to search all.

Just following the main path is great enough : peace:

Floating flashlight :p

Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition.jpg

Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Edition_1.jpg

Had a big run on this at the weekend:

Did the huge palace chase scene, now at the summit camp.

It was excellent.