NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

Is any if the DLC story related?

Apart from a small tomb (which was a pre-order thing), all the DLC was for the rubbish multiplayer mode.

I wanted to get this get but not anymore becuse it's not comeing to Wii U

Wait Wait Wait... you want to get this, but because its not coming to Wii U, you aren't interested in it anymore.

You have a PS3 and PS4 for god sake! BUY IT!

To be fair, the Wii U is going to add more to this game than a graphic bump which is essentially going to make it the PC version.

To be fair, the Wii U is going to add more to this game than a graphic bump which is essentially going to make it the PC version.

Just curious, what exactly would it add? Off-TV play?

He can do that with his PS4 with the Vita.

It's not coming to the Wii U though so the decision is made for you.

If it was on Wii U you would also lose online multiplayer, because online multiplayer requires more than one person to own the game.

Just curious, what exactly would it add? Off-TV play?

He can do that with his PS4 with the Vita.

Yeah because so far that feature is getting great feedback :/

I actually meant things along the lines of map/inventory management and touchscreen QTEs. But it's all irrelevant anyway since evidently I misread canand's post in the first place...

If it was on Wii U you would also lose online multiplayer, because online multiplayer requires more than one person to own the game.

But you lost the online multiplayer on all other platforms, as online multiplayer requires more than one person to touch that mode

But you lost the online multiplayer on all other platforms, as online multiplayer requires more than one person to touch that mode

The multiplayer on Tomb Raider was great fun, what is with you people :blank:

I did. The awesome Uncharted 2 multiplayer and the less-than-stellar follow-up. I didn't say Tomb Raider was the best in its class, doesn't mean I didn't have a lot of fun on it. The maps were great, all the game modes were all varied and good fun.

I think if you go in with the attitude of "if it's not as good as one of the best games I've ever played, I won't enjoy it", then you might just miss out on a lot of great game experiences.

I'm considering picking this up, using the points i have stored on a certain store card combined with a few trade-ins. Wouldn't mind re-playing this on the PS4, but the price is still something i wouldn't be happy about paying if i were going into a shop to pick it up knowing i've already played it last-gen.

I bought the original on the 360 when it was around £20... it's still sealed on my shelf. :p

Tempted to instead sell that copy and buy the definitive version on PS4 but obviously I wouldn't want to pay full price for it but damn that difference in detail is undeniable.

I bought the original on the 360 when it was around £20... it's still sealed on my shelf. :p

Tempted to instead sell that copy and buy the definitive version on PS4 but obviously I wouldn't want to pay full price for it but damn that difference in detail is undeniable.

Yeah constantly tempted to buy the PS3 version, especially being £9.99 on Gamestop recently, but I'm gonna hold out for the PS4 version!

Not having played it, it's somewhat of a system seller for me. And when ever I get around to getting a PS4 it will no doubt have dropped massively in price.

It´s annoying because I wanted to get Tomb raider (for PC) eventually, but this definitive version makes me reconsider. I don't now if I should get it, or wait until they change their minds and do release a PC version. Tomb raider was already looking good, but that definitive version is definitely looking better.

Err... do you mean some kind of DLC-included PC version? Because it's not really worth it to wait for that, the DLC is average. The PC version already has better visuals than the PS4/X1 version will.

To be fair the PS4/Xbox One version have had actual work done on them so I don't know how you can say the PC version is already better. There's a reason there are petitions going around to get the Definitive Version released on PC as well.

I got the 360 version for Christmas and completed it 2 nights ago, really really enjoyed it. Alot better than I had expected, so was a nice surprise.

I'd definitely consider double dipping and picking this up for the PS4, but i'd wait a little while for the price to drop, plus got a rather huge backlog to get through after Christmas. (Hitman Absolution is next)

I don't know how you can say the PC version is already better.

Well, because they already patched the PC version to have better models and graphics a while ago, and the 'Definitive edition' is going to be limited to 30fps.

Ehm, I´m skimming the patch notes, and I see no mention of improved models. And they´re constantly mentioning the improved models are a feature of the definitive version, so I have no idea what you´re talking about.

Alright I misread something, my mistake. But apart from the re-model, tressfx and particle effects are in the PC version already, they might've been redone but that doesn't really justify its re-release to me. Plus the PC version runs at whatever resolution and FPS you can handle.

I'm not saying this as some PC Master Race thing, I don't even have a powerful PC myself and I own Tomb Raider on Xbox 360, I just think they should've done a lot more for this title to justify a new "definitive edition" instead of focusing on some DLC or such.

Edited by Shorty

Yeah but greater resolutions won´t magically improve your models.

And perhaps you´re right, maybe it doesn´t justify a re-release in itself, but for someone who doesn´t own the game yet, it´s obviously the version to get. At least, if they´ll release it. There is also no reason why they can´t offer the definitive version for a reasonable upgrade price to people who already own the game. I already owned Deus Ex human revolution, but I bought the upgrade to the director´s cut for 4 euros a few days ago. Both Square Enix, so this idea isn´t that farfetched actually.

They've improved the models in the definitive version over PC, but PC will probably be better in other areas like framerate.