NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

Seems like I shot myself in the foot :/ finally found everything except one relic behind a wall I need the grenade launcher to get past... And I have no grenades or explosive arrows left and there doesn't seem to be a single place they respawn!!

Have you tried the hidden bunker area?

Speaking of grenades, I quite liked not having them assigned to a shoulder button and having a stupid amount of them lying around.

I tried in the beach bunker if that's where you mean. Actually it was there that I wasted most of them, I was looking for that last Japanese poster and since I couldn't find it anywhere, was convinced it must be something to do with a floor which highlighted under survival instincts as though it was breakable (it didn't, no idea why it highlighted).

Nope seems I'm pretty much screwed. According to the web there's more spare grenades in the DLC tomb but, hilariously, you need a grenade to get in there.

So, is this worth a 55€ price tag?

And is the multiplayer enjoyable?

So, is this worth a 55€ price tag?

Not when you can order it for a third less from any British online shop.

The multiplayer is fun but it's probably not gonna grab you for the long haul.

The single player is worth the tag on its own. Just don't waste your grenades :angry:

Finally got all the single player achievements. It's like they went out of their way to make some of them really annoying. It took 2.5 playthroughs to get the lot, although with a little research you could do it in one. Some were so stupid... Such as the secret achievement 'chatterbox', which has absolutely no reason to be secret and is very easily missable.

Now for the last few multiplayer ones :D

I'm only going for the main thingies to find, relics, shitty GPS caches etc. I'm not going out of my way to find some mushrooms.

Or "Tomb Raider sold very well, but Squeenix had silly expectations".

Or "Tomb Raider sold very well, but Squeenix had silly expectations".

That's exactly what I took away from it after seeing the press release yesterday. Complaining that one of your games only shifts 3.4 million units in the 2 or so weeks since launch is a bit off the mark. It's pretty damned good. Saw a lot of comments in relation to that where people think it's Square-Enix's business model which seems to be off the mark rather than lower than expected sales.

Likewise, they complained that Sleeping Dogs only shifted 1.75 million. Again, for a new IP that's not half bad and it did come out around the same time as a couple of other big games I believe.

Really, they shouldn't complain that much as the Eidos/Western titles are the only ones really bringing them in any big money compared to their Japanese ones.

Well picked this up and all I can say is wow. I like many was not expecting much at all. My history with tomb raider goes like this....had tomb raider 2 and 3 on pc and the keyboard controls outright sucked. Me and my brother did not get far at all. I then tried to get into underworld when it came to ps plus in a post uncharted world that sucked too.

Now this game is something else. Sure its copied many aspects of uncharted but I much prefer this games seriousness over nathan drakes wise cracking world. Also the game is so beautiful. Right now I never want itn to end.

Edited by flameboy

Really want this. Anyone found any decent prices for this? Money is tight at the mo, and the cheapest I've found is £25 on Amazon...

Keep your eye out online, it dropped below £20 once already. £22.39 at the hut with this code: GSALE10

Or £17.95 for the PC version at The Game Collection.

Picked this up for £20 off PSN. Got to say, the star of the game is the bow.

Got to say, the star of the game is the bow.

Yeah, whenever Lara bends over it's so aweso...oohhh. The weapon...of course.

I should take comedy lessons, shouldn't I?

Picked this up for £20 off PSN. Got to say, the star of the game is the bow.

I picked it up then as well. Yep the bow is pretty damn awesome!

I have to say I've become very invested in this version of Lara. For the most part it's not the thrusting around and battering that bothers me they've basically made her invincible like John McClane in the Die Hard movies (watch the newest one he is insanely thrust around)

However a few stand out moments:

When you reach the top of the tower and Lara believes she is saved, aside from that scene looking absolutely gorgeous and I actually got goosebumps. Even though it was obvious they weren't going to be saved immediately and then the following scrambling away from the plane was fucking awesome. Also love little touches when Lara speaks out loud and questions what the hell she is doing and also the smell of filthy water. The camp monologues too are amazing, Lara is sat hunched over looking vulnerable and talking about her predicament.

I do think they slightly accelerated the process to outright killer.

I think after the first one there is a scene with another two and then it goes whole hog with burning environment and lots of enemies. I think they should have had enemies artificially out of sight so not forcing you to go on an instant rampage.

I know this is a long shot, but anyone willing to exchange their copy of Tomb Raider (360 version) for one of my games: Ni No Kuni and Dishonored (360)? Just to borrow lol.

Desperate to play this, but money is super tight! WAH

I might be up for that, I'd like to play Ni No Kuni, plus it's worth more to sell on eBay if you steal from me :heh:

Having received this game from Shorty (thanks again bud), its decent. I'm only a couple of hours in and I am impressed with the graphics but hate the QTE moments. Thankfully they seem to be few and far between.

One thing which is holding me back from enjoying this as much as I could be is Far Cry 3. I keep comparing TR with FC3 and I don't really know why considering they're quite different. I absolutely loved FC3 and was addicted to that shiz.

TR doesn't have quite a hold on me just yet. Early days yet mind....

Oh it will hold you, you'll get to a point where you keep saying just 10 more minutes and then something mind blowingly fucking awesome will happen, then you'll stick at it for another 10 minutes.

Oh it will hold you, you'll get to a point where you keep saying just 10 more minutes and then something mind blowingly fucking awesome will happen, then you'll stick at it for another 10 minutes.

Haha you're right, so far it's getting better and better. I just finished the 'parachute bit'. So frustrating, required about 5 times to actually complete. But apart from that, the game is seamless.

Just reached the shanty town!: peace:

Just started this today. Wow! The atmosphere is immense! I think there's a little too much gun action (I prefer stealth) but well, after some difficulties adjusting to the camera (it seems that if the y-axis is inverted, it isn't in gun mode and vice-versa or am I wrong?) I'm getting the hang of it. The story is compelling and I just want to know what's going on!

Also, this might be the first story-based game I've played on Xbox 360 where there is no story-related achievements besides "Complete the game". That took me by surprise.

I'm currently just beyond the radio tower in the snowy area (snow, on this kind of island? The mountain must be rather high!).