NEurope
Aimless

Tomb Raider

I bought this a few weeks ago when I found it cheap online. What a game. Loved every second of it. I know S-E had some ridicolus sales expectations that they didn't quite meet, but a sequel would be day one purchase for me.

Just arrived in the post this morning from amazon for 15 quid. Wiill give it a spin later.

Got 100% on my save file today. That was a nice game! I missed some achievements but I don't think I want to go back at try and get them (dodge kills and zip lines and (of course) chatterbox) - unless there are some good after-game spots to get them? The game was awesome!

Edited by MindFreak

It is possible for the first two, think they say Montain Village is a good place. But for chatterbox you have to replay the game obviously.

Tomb Raider Next-Gen Sequel Confirmed

Square Enix has confirmed it is working on a Tomb Raider sequel for the next generation of consoles.

In an open letter, the company's Western CEO Phil Rogers confirmed that a sequel has been in development for some time.

"I am also excited to reveal that we are well into development on a next-generation Tomb Raider sequel – something you may have heard about recently," he wrote.

A sequel was pretty much guaranteed considering the game's success. We heard at Comic-Con this year that Dark Horse comics were producing a series set after the conclusion of the first game and designed to lead into the eventual follow-up.

Still, it's good to know for certain that the game is in development, that it's making good progress, and that it'll be on next-gen consoles everywhere

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/08/01/tomb-raider-next-gen-sequel-confirmed

Tomb Raider is epic so this is a great thing.....i'd argue its better than the last of us

Bump (sorry)

Finally got around to beating this today for the first time (yes, i am either slow at beating games or i play it for a bit then leave it for months, anyway). What a fantastic game, story is one fine piece of work

The final Shogun boss, the big bugger. Pain in the backside, especially with the squad of archers. I suppose it was lucky with all the rolling around i did, he took out most of them for me. The various tombs i found, good puzzles with only one or two head-scratchingly hard for a bit. I loved using the arrows mainly, more so with the fire upgrade and setting various persons on fire at will.

Just seen this on IGN

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition Coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4

Re-built graphics and all DLC included.

Amazon listings have all but confirmed the heavily rumored Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition, a new version of 2013's Tomb Raider title "re-built specifically for next gen consoles" and due out on January 28, 2014.

According to Amazon, The Definitive Edition is priced at $59.99 for Xbox One and PlayStation 4 and, in addition to the new version of the game, includes "all of the DLC, including the Tomb of the Lost Adventurer, six outfits for Lara, a digital mini art book, and the digital comic The Beginning." Amazon also has an "Art Book Packaging Edition" listed for each console, which includes "an insider's look at exclusive, never before seen concept art."

tombx-610x792.jpg

An Amazon Italy listing outed the Definitive Edition last month, and Square Enix later commented, "it's so hard to keep a secret these days." The Definitive Edition is available for pre-order, and the official reveal is expected to come at VGX tonight.

I'm glad I haven't played this now!... the only annoying thing is I don't know when I'll get a PS4 so it could be quite a wait before I get to! Edited by Retro_Link

Just seen the trailer on VGX...

...seems kind of pointless to me, I'd rather have a new Tomb Raider.

Trailer

Just seen the trailer on VGX...

...seems kind of pointless to me, I'd rather have a new Tomb Raider.

Well that is coming too. Edited by Retro_Link

As i said in the VGX thread.....this is just the PC version running on High/Very High settings, the definitive version is still the PC version running on Ultra and i experienced that on PC months ago, after buying it in a steam sale for £15......

but SE need the money so i hope this sells otherwise they'll just use it as another nail in their coffin and say it didn't sell enough and go back to iOS games

As i said in the VGX thread.....this is just the PC version running on High/Very High settings, the definitive version is still the PC version running on Ultra and i experienced that on PC months ago, after buying it in a steam sale for £15......

but SE need the money so i hope this sells otherwise they'll just use it as another nail in their coffin and say it didn't sell enough and go back to iOS games

I wanted to get this get but not anymore becuse it's not comeing to Wii U

If this had more than one piece of solid DLC it would feel a lot more worthwhile.

wait its full price too? so £60

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fine if you've not played it yet! :D

Also, with this coming out in Jan, by the time I get a PS4 it'll be around £20 anyway.

Fine if you've not played it yet! :D

Also, with this coming out in Jan, by the time I get a PS4 it'll be around £20 anyway.

So you plan on picking up a PS4 two weeks later?

So Square Enix want to charge full price for a game running at max PC setting, which came out last year, but with all the crappy multiplayer DLC included with it.

mj-gif.gif

Sorry, but i'll give it a miss and go back to playing the 360 version.

Is any if the DLC story related?

None of it is single player DLC, it's mostly maps and weapons. Kinda crap to be honest.

Oh, hmm that changes things a little.

Tbh it doesn't really look much better than the current version... mind you I still have a lot of other games to play/try, so I probably can just wait.