NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I got way too hyped for the possible announcement of a new Jazz Jackrabbit game, only for it to be some development kit featuring Jazz.

bitch.

Edited by or else you will DIE

It's my friend's fault for having the exact same coat as mine and leaving it on top of my bag.

I got way too hyped for the possible announcement of a new Jazz Jackrabbit game, only for it to be some developement kit featuring Jazz.

bitch.

jazz jackrabbit.... thats a blast from the past! That game was sweeeeeeet.

Contrary to the best thing to happen to me the other day, I just made an EPIC mistake on a chess match. This dude had a king and a rook vs my king, queen and pawn and he refused to resign for like 15 moves. Eventually I get it down to his king vs. my queen/king. I play the only possible move on the board to make a FUCKING STALEMATE! AAAAAAAAAAH. He spent two days pissing me off by not resigning then I go and make that move?! Like my best thing... the other day, this guy was waaay above me skill-wise so I guess it'll be a true reflection of my abilities... but FUCK, man!

Never play chess drunk. Never play chess with people who do not understand that they're SUPPOSED to resign... But then I guess if you don't resign you may get lucky and get a draw.

And now we will have a rematch and he'll proper thrash me.

Chess ftw.

Virus/spyware/trojan fail...

Details are in this thread - http://www.n-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29367

any help appreciated.

*sigh* and just when things were actually going well today. :(

Ouch! :( Safe mode ftw.

Today is probably my stomach, the past couple of days it feels like someone has been sitting on my bladder, given I have IBS it;s something to deal with for a couple of days, but pain - ouchies.

Never play chess drunk. Never play chess with people who do not understand that they're SUPPOSED to resign... But then I guess if you don't resign you may get lucky and get a draw.

It's secretly known by all that you're supposed to resign unless you're playing jayseven while he's drinking.

Ouch! :( Safe mode ftw.

Today is probably my stomach, the past couple of days it feels like someone has been sitting on my bladder, given I have IBS it;s something to deal with for a couple of days, but pain - ouchies.

QFT! :) I seem to have been saved by safe mode this time, that and Shorty's suggestion of using system restore, it all seemed to easy though but it seems to have done the trick so... ::shrug:

I'll be putting Malware Bytes and Spybot S&D on there though now just to be safe.

---------------------------

Sidenote... I too suffer from IBS, it can be a right bitch, especially the pain gets to you right when you're trying to just get on with things - like work etc - and you kinda just have to grin and bare it. :/

99% of the time I don't get any pain from it at all, but my eating habits have been a bit crazy the last week or so, so of course I'm suffering from it.

Got no sleep whatsoever last night. Tossing and turning from about half 9 until 5.45 am. Think I'm suffering from insomnia or something as I've been having trouble sleeping these last few days, nevermind last night. Although last night was horrible as I had an exam this morning.

Still not got two parcels from Amazon, posted like 10 days ago. I needed one of them to give to a friend tomorrow, which is the last chance I'll have until January. /fail

I'm staying at my Mum's house over Christmas. They're away until Tuesday, but they wanted me there early to sort out putting stuff away in the kitchen/bathroom before they get back.

My grandparents said that they'll give me a lift (I was paying them for it) unless there was snow. There was a tiny amount of snow yesterday, and it was forecast snow tonight/tomorrow. So, even so there was no snow on their journey they decided against it (although, to be fair, they did also cancel their trip to Yorkshire). Anyway, it was down to the train so some of my stuff had to be left behind (I managed to pack it so only my Xbox was left behind). The train from Manchester Picadilly to Prestatyn was 30 minutes late - the train couldn't start - so I was standing out in the cold for ages.

My uncle picked me up from the station. Everything seemed simple from there: pick up the cats and go home. We went to the cattery first. There was nobody there, and there was no answer on the phone (my uncle was bemused by how I could use Google on my phone to find the number). So they went to drop me off at home so we could try again later.

The builders were still there. Not a good sign. There were no doors on the cupboards in the kitchen, the appliances weren't all in place, the heating wasn't in, there was no toilet and no running water.

Oh, and my Mum texted me asking how things were. I lied.

So, now I'm staying at my Uncles house, and I feel guilty as it's unfair on him. Luckily I've already got a night in Chester planned tomorrow (with a hotel booked) and the builders said that all the main stuff (if not everything) will definitely be done on Sunday.

99% of the time I don't get any pain from it at all, but my eating habits have been a bit crazy the last week or so, so of course I'm suffering from it.

Yeah I'm the same with the crushing bladder!!! It feels like you need to go yet you can't!! Worst thing ever.

Also not so good on the diet front.... looking forward to January when I'll be back on the healthy eating wagon!

Worst thing to happen to me today was all work related (the bastards).

Basically the urgent care place we building-share with do this yearly christmas thing that everyone joins in with. We all contribute some kind of food/table settings/etc thing to the meal, and we get a 2 hour lunch to enjoy, and swap secret santa presents.

So we'd all contributed management promised cover for us... ya de da.

Then the boss couldn't be arsed, turned up at half 1 (it started at 12) and wouldn't even let us all go together even at that point.

The only people that got to go for the full 2 hours was... me and the new hot sexy guy (yum)! Like hell was I going to volunteer my services for cover when management was supposed to have this done!!!

This is the kind of fucking shite we have to put up with... Even the higher management in the urgent care place was annoyed about it... she even made some snide comments about it being a shame that we can't get out when these kind of things only happen twice a year! (we do a summer bbq as well)

Just mega hate. I don't hate the job, or working conditions, or the other staff (well not too much :P) its just how fucking shitty higher management are with their shit attitudes, targets, money saving crap and complete thoughtlessness...

we had no freakin' electricity for a whole morning last week and they did shit all!!! Sitting taking calls and writing in the cold dark!

And they wont give my fucking colleague (with severe disease in her wrists) a proper keyboard.... being completely patronising and absolutely disgusting... i knew exactly how she felt and did what I could (lent her mine when I had time off) as i understand wrist joint disease all too well. Just makes me fucking sick. Passing it off as if she's not in any pain with the rubbish standard keyboards... ANGERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Edited by Raining_again

Worst thing today is having to deal with the utterly terrible AT&T. There are some things that I find utterly backwards here, and mobile phones are very high on the list. I get crap service, very little minutes/text/data and for this pleasure I'm paying nigh on $100 a month.

What makes it truly bad is you have to talk to one of those automated voice things, but they play typing sounds and phone clicks to make it seem more real. There actually must be some Americans that think it's a real person, I just hate it all.

Works party was building up to something great, then turned shit. I want to kill myself (not really but melodrama is fun).

There's a girl I've liked at work for a while now. Really liked. REALLY liked. I've never really talked to her at work because we work in different departments (but same room) and she can be a bit quiet. I'm also not the sort of person to just start randomly talking to someone.

At the party, she came and sat next to me and we started talking. It was awesome. Everything was going amazingly well. I was waiting for an opportunity to talk to her alone and ask if she wanted to do something over the Christmas holiday (this should be an indication of how well it was going. I'm ridiculously shy when it comes to lovely ladies).

But alas, it wasn't to be. Some prick (who had asked her out previously and been turned down) basically muscled in and they may have got up to something with her. She's blatantly not interested in him and is almost definitely going to have that post works party regret. She owns her own business, is ridiculously fashionable and generally classy. He's some spotty 19 year old twat who pretty much annoys everyone he's ever met.

I fucking hate myself for not asking her sooner. You know that feeling where you hate absolutely everything about yourself? Truly hate it? That's me right now. I literally want to rip my body to pieces so that I can escape from it. I want to get in my car and drive as far away from here as I possibly can.

On the up side, I won an award for "Best Contribution to the Business".

Edited by Goafer

Works party was building up to something great, then turned shit. I want to kill myself (not really but melodrama is fun).

There's a girl I've liked at work for a while now. Really liked. REALLY liked. I've never really talked to her at work because we work in different departments (but same room) and she can be a bit quiet. I'm also not the sort of person to just start randomly talking to someone.

At the party, she came and sat next to me and we started talking. It was awesome. Everything was going amazingly well. I was waiting for an opportunity to talk to her alone and ask if she wanted to do something over the Christmas holiday (this should be an indication of how well it was going. I'm ridiculously shy when it comes to lovely ladies).

But alas, it wasn't to be. Some prick (who had asked her out previously and been turned down) basically muscled in and they may have got up to something with her. She's blatantly not interested in him and is almost definitely going to have that post works party regret. She owns her own business, is ridiculously fashionable and generally classy. He's some spotty 19 year old twat who pretty much annoys everyone he's ever met.

I fucking hate myself for not asking her sooner. You know that feeling where you hate absolutely everything about yourself? Truly hate it? That's me right now. I literally want to rip my body to pieces so that I can escape from it. I want to get in my car and drive as far away from here as I possibly can.

On the up side, I won an award for "Best Contribution to the Business".

Dude. You are awesome. You need to grab life by the balls....I know its hard, but grab life by the balls and tell this chick WHATS UP. Tell her how you make shit go down. Dooo eeeeeettttttt. I know its hard (twss) but in life you need to take these risks....and its not even a risk because you're one of my favourite people evar. And you won best contribution to business. Well done. :)

I know its hard, but grab life by the balls and tell this chick WHATS UP. Tell her how you make shit go down.

I would think of rephrasing a bit, but other than that ReZ is right. I know exactly what you're going through, Goafer. I've been in those kind of situations plenty of times in my life, but one day there should be a point where you just dooo eeeeeettttttt.

You can do it ;) And you should do it.

You shouldn't hate yourself for someone else's mistakes. Sounds like you've built some foundations with the talk you had with her. All is not lost, it's just going to take a bit longer to set in motion. But well done for overcoming the supershy without the aid of alcohol!! No mean feat.

You shouldn't hate yourself for someone else's mistakes. Sounds like you've built some foundations with the talk you had with her. All is not lost, it's just going to take a bit longer to set in motion. But well done for overcoming the supershy without the aid of alcohol!! No mean feat.

^

Goafer these things happen, but she'll remember how awesome you are and remember you asked her! Don't lose hope buddy <3

Above posts quoted for truth. If she is indeed as intelligent and awesome a person as you make her out to be, she'll make the right decision in the end (i.e. come to you, if that was not clear). You are an awesome person, and it sounds like she would have been quite unable to miss this obvious fact. :)

To be honest, Goafer is one of the biggest losers I know and will always be alone. You guys need to stop giving him false hope! He'll never get anywhere with this girl so shouldnt even try.

Shhhh, dont worry. Im being all sneaky and whatnot and using reverse psycho-ology

Accidentally knocking a toilet roll in to the toilet itself and having to throw the while lot away,thats about as exciting as it gets i am afraid lol

I got a train at 12, got two stops down the line to find the game is called off. £10 wasted.

Also Royal Fail still haven't delivered my amazon parcels and with the amount of snow on the ground I doubt they'll arrive either.