NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

37 minutes ago, Sheikah said:

The noise isn't bad at all, it's a white goods noise. Certainly preferable to the heat.

Maybe I'll get one next year then. I should have just enough space by the window still to feed the pipe through.

16 hours ago, Sheikah said:

My tip would be to buy a portable aircon machine (approx. £250) and then never have to do any of these other tips.

Seriously though, got mine 10 years ago and it's been one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Can second this.  Have one myself and it’s worth it’s (pretty enormous) weight in gold!

• Like 1

I lost a toe nail yesterday. It also wasn't the one I expected to fall off.. So I'm expecting to lose another one at some point.

It doesn't hurt. Technically it's still clinging on, and I leave it on for protection of the skin beneath, but it's lost for most intents and purposes, so RIP toe nail. :(

Like I said it doesn't hurt, but it will complicate things. I probably can exercise, but I'll need to be more careful, and I'll need take care of my little toe to make sure the new nail will grow correctly. I've never lost a nail before so this will be a new experience.

On the upside is that I do have something to show for it (spoiler), because I took part in The Nijmegen 4 days marches last month, and well, I made it, but this was the cost apparently.

I still intend to make a more elaborate post for it in the exercise thread at some point. I haven't yet because.. I also took home another souvenir, a Corona virus, so I was sick the week after I returned home (for the first time in probably 30 years!), and didn't feel like doing anything back then. I only felt really miserable for 2 days, but took it easy afterwards. Luckily no long term effects.

But at this point the Nijmegen experience isn't fresh in my mind any more, so I still haven't posted about it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62968072

How long has she been in charge? Just more of the same putting money into their rich friends hands!

When has giving the already rich more money ever done anything to stimulate the economy? It'll just be sent to a bank account god knows where to sit and accrue interest...

Edited by Eddage
  • Like 1