NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Had a minor panic on Friday night when I thought I'd lost access to the half a Bitcoin I bought 4 years ago.

Spent all evening trying to get it back, which I eventually did, but it was a bit scary.

17 hours ago, Animal said:

It's just annoying because the boxer is okay with it but the mutual mate felt like he was a bit funny over it. I just didn't know if I was being a dick over it or not.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

y'know what? Let mutual friend think what he wants to think.  You & boxer have an agreement you are both ok with so he can go stuff his opinion up his ass to be quite frank. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

y'know what? Let mutual friend think what he wants to think.  You & boxer have an agreement you are both ok with so he can go stuff his opinion up his ass to be quite frank. 
True. Me and Mutual met but we didn't mention it. It wasn't awkward or anything but I don't get people sometimes. Like, why not accept an answer?

Boxer and I trained again today. I think he'll be okay. Not that I'm being biased or anything. It's helping me too because I'm making routines for him which would be good practice as a PT and I told him to be brutally honest. He said they were quite challenging but fun so good all around.

We're all bunkering down here in northern ireland, waiting for Ophelia to pass.... My sky dish sounds like it might be ripped off at any moment... hae prepared for the electric to go off, candles and matches out just in case...

Aww Sean Hughes died.

Also I think my house is about to be blown down. I can litterally feel it moving as i'm sitting on the couch >_<

On 10/15/2017 at 2:10 PM, bob said:

Had a minor panic on Friday night when I thought I'd lost access to the half a Bitcoin I bought 4 years ago.

Spent all evening trying to get it back, which I eventually did, but it was a bit scary.

Holy crap! That's potentially a tidy profit! Congrats. What kind of wallet was it in? Hope you didn't cash out on Oct 15 :p

Holy crap! That's potentially a tidy profit! Congrats. What kind of wallet was it in? Hope you didn't cash out on Oct 15

It was stored in a text file on my laptop, but I've since turned it into a proper, cold storage paper wallet. I still don't understand so much about Bitcoin, so I thought I'd better secure it a bit better seeing as it seems to be taking off!

I didn't cash out. In fact, I bought another £50 worth, which is now worth £64!

I'm waiting for the next bubble crash before I'm buying any bitcoin. I'm still banging my head against the wall for not going through with mining one full bitcoin years ago, when it was still relatively doable with my computer, relatively meaning "merely" months. Still, 5000 dollars, I think that would have covered the energy bill.

Edited by Sméagol

So two months after we had a gas leak in the house, it now seems we have a water leak. >_<;

I had recently noticed two cracks in our kitchen ceiling, but I couldn't recall if they had been there before or not. But then Wednesday evening, water suddenly started dripping from those cracks onto our kitchen counter. We thought maybe it might be our shower that was leaking, as some of the silicone sealant had deteriorated. I got the guy that fitted our bathroom to come out yesterday to reseal the shower, hoping that all would be fine.

But pretty much as soon as he had left around 5pm, water started dripping again! The only thing I could conclude was that it was related to our heating, as that was on at the time it started dripping. And it stopped shortly after I turned the heating off.

So now we're gonna have to get our kitchen ceiling ripped out, extractor fan and some units removed to fix the leak... And of course all this has the happen the very weekend my family is coming over (with my sisters and their partners seeing our house for the first time). :(

It's going to cost a lot, and I'm not sure how much our insurance will cover (never made a claim in my life so this will be fun!).
After just having agreed to have our gutters/soffits/fascias/other things cleaned and fixed for quite a bit of money too. Might just go and cry in a corner now. D:

Oh bloody hell @Eenuh how is that going now? Been about a week so I'm assuming you've had to get a bit done asap? 

Well I had my three month scan at the hospital for my surgery. The surgery itself fixed quite a bit of what was wrong with me, but unfortunately, there's a lot left that needs sorting and now I have the added bonus of scarring (did you know organs can "stick" together? No, me neither). 

The result is it'll mean a hysterectomy, whether that's now or x amount of time. Its a bit shit to be honest, I don't want kids which is a blessing, but the idea of menopause at 27 gives me the shivers. 

I wasn't really too sure about posting this here, as whilst it is bad news, I'm relatively ok with it, I knew even when I was diagnosed back in 2016 that I was probably meant to have this happen because the damage even then was really quite bad and it had been mentioned repeatedly. I know its shocked quite a few people however, but it won't kill me, so it's time to get on with it! ::shrug:

1 hour ago, nightwolf said:

Oh bloody hell @Eenuh how is that going now? Been about a week so I'm assuming you've had to get a bit done asap? 

Well I had my three month scan at the hospital for my surgery. The surgery itself fixed quite a bit of what was wrong with me, but unfortunately, there's a lot left that needs sorting and now I have the added bonus of scarring (did you know organs can "stick" together? No, me neither). 

The result is it'll mean a hysterectomy, whether that's now or x amount of time. Its a bit shit to be honest, I don't want kids which is a blessing, but the idea of menopause at 27 gives me the shivers. 

I wasn't really too sure about posting this here, as whilst it is bad news, I'm relatively ok with it, I knew even when I was diagnosed back in 2016 that I was probably meant to have this happen because the damage even then was really quite bad and it had been mentioned repeatedly. I know its shocked quite a few people however, but it won't kill me, so it's time to get on with it! ::shrug:

giphy.gif

You know where I am if you ever want to talk.  

• Like 1

Oh @nightwolf im so sorry you're going through struggles, love you loads <3 From what I gather you want to try to avoid early menopause for as long as you possibly can.. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.  I know a few people that have gone through surgical adhesions and see it a LOT in my line of work. its not very pleasant. You have my sympathies, and you also know where I am if you need me xo

I have a small piece of advice if you do end up having to get hysterectomy - lift weights, and lift weights heavy. Early menopause has a high risk factor for osteoporosis, and lifting weights will protect your bones.  I know women in their 60s with better bone strength than people in their 20s because they lift weights. 

Edited by Raining_again
  • Like 1

On 11/18/2017 at 1:22 PM, nightwolf said:

Ah don't worry about me, it's only house stuff! We've had a plumber in on Thursday so at least the leak is fixed (means we can get the heating on again, yay). Waiting to hear back from the insurance company about getting someone in for the ceiling, but I think they forgot about me heh. It will get sorted eventually!

I am so sorry to hear about your continued health problems, I was hoping the surgery would have fixed your issue. A hysterectomy sounds really scary, but if it is the one thing that will help with your health, then like you say, there might not be much else you can do. Would it be something you would have to get soon or can it wait a while?
I really hope they can help you. :(

17 hours ago, Raining_again said:

Oh @nightwolf im so sorry you're going through struggles, love you loads <3 From what I gather you want to try to avoid early menopause for as long as you possibly can.. Hopefully it doesn't have to come to that.  I know a few people that have gone through surgical adhesions and see it a LOT in my line of work. its not very pleasant. You have my sympathies, and you also know where I am if you need me xo

I have a small piece of advice if you do end up having to get hysterectomy - lift weights, and lift weights heavy. Early menopause has a high risk factor for osteoporosis, and lifting weights will protect your bones.  I know women in their 60s with better bone strength than people in their 20s because they lift weights. 

Thank you for the advice! I started up at the gym two weeks ago in fact and have been lifting weights and doing all sorts to strength my body since. It's something that nearly everyone I've spoken to professionally has told me to do, so here we are :).

I am hoping it'll be avoid for a few years at least, but we shall find out in January. It is quite odd to be told how unwell you are when you feel soooo much better. 

@eenuh thank you my dear, I'm ok! Just waiting to see :)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nightwolf said:

Thank you for the advice! I started up at the gym two weeks ago in fact and have been lifting weights and doing all sorts to strength my body since. It's something that nearly everyone I've spoken to professionally has told me to do, so here we are :).

I am hoping it'll be avoid for a few years at least, but we shall find out in January. It is quite odd to be told how unwell you are when you feel soooo much better. 

@eenuh thank you my dear, I'm ok! Just waiting to see :)

I'm so glad to hear you're doing it, way to go @nightwolf :D 

I hope you don't need it but if you do it'll at least eradicate one of the risks. Also women who lift are just badass, awesome AF. <3

• Like 1

Off to New Hampshire today to hopefully make it in time to say bye to my last grandparent. My dad called last night to let me know my grandma (his mother) might not make it through the night. 

Last year it was my dads oldest brother and now this. Plus side it’s a minor family reunion just under not good circumstances. 

• Sad 1

I'm not happy. In two days, it'll be two years since I lost my Grandad. It still feels so fresh and it hurts a lot. I feel like a part of me is missing and it's worse because when I want advice on something, he's not there and I have to imagine what he would say to me. It's not just my Grandad I lost but also my family too and it was upsetting and draining because I wanted to just cry and not stop but I had to be in control of my emotions so my Dad and my Mom didn't get sad. I had to try my best to support my Grandad and them however I could. Even now, I don't really talk about it and maybe I should but I sometimes feel it might be worse when I do. I don't want to remind them of the heartache and the sadness even though I sometimes want to break down. It's probably not healthy but I use exercise as my outlet and it works but during this time, not so much.

I got annoyed today with my workplace because I booked the day off on the first day of holiday bookings at the start of this year. It's a first-come first-serve basis. However, for some reason, my manager has written down that I was to work the delivery shift in the morning because she booked time off only a month ago. I never agreed to it and yet my manager is determined that I was aware when I KNOW I wouldn't ever agree to it due to not being in the right frame of mind. Anyway, after we discussed it, she said she would cover it but wanted me to be more flexible and interested in my job, which annoyed me. I've been working every weekend (Saturdays and Sundays, full days) alongside early delivery shifts for the past year and although I live the furthest, when staff needed time off because of whatever reason, I've done it. Hell, I've even changed the dates of a family holiday because a staff member claimed she was going abroad due to a family get-together (which never existed, it was found out later on) so I just feel mad. She also asked me if other places would give you the same day off every year to which I replied "you said first-come first-serve and I got it fair and square after you booked yours so yes". She then said the flexibility comment wasn't just me but the whole staff too but I just felt "what more do you possibly want?". My job isn't my life but it's starting to feel like it. It's not what I want to do and it's not where I want to be.

I just mentally had a lot to deal with and I just feel that that conversation just wasn't necessary. We're okay now because she phoned back wanting another day off and I said "well, you're helping me so I'll help you. That's how we're supposed to work. Like a team, right? That's what you wanted in the first place" and she agreed but I just felt the comments weren't needed.

Sorry for the long post but I just felt down and this is my only kind of outlet. It's the only place that knows everything that went on.

21 hours ago, MoogleViper said:

Sorry to hear that, @Nolan. Hope you and your Dad are holding up OK.

Thank you, we’re doing fine. We arrived in time to see her and all. Sat in the room for a while, she passed this morning around 2 am. 

She was alert for a bit. And could answer yes and no questions by nodding. 

@Animal very sorry to hear all that, the anniversaries of losses are just so hard, and then your work being snarky. I feel snarky is the best word for it. Telling you you don’t care about the job because you want a day that is important to you off? Fuck them. I called work Sunday night 9pm and told them I won’t be in this week, my dad did the same with his job. 

• Like 2

Been a rough few weeks of late. My grandma passed away after a long battle with dementia and two days ago my cat died. He went in for a minor operation on his tooth, came through it unscathed but sometime later he stop breathing. The vets tried to resuscitate him but to no avail. Breaks my heart to think he was there all alone and I really can't imagine going back home for Christmas now knowing he won't be there.

Edited by Jon

I'm sorry to hear about your losses @Jon & @Nolan :(

Also I'm sorry to hear about your place of work not being more understanding @Animal as it must be a tough time. :sad:

In fact, I wish nothing but the best for the entire N-Europe community going forward, as I think we're all due a bit of happiness. :peace:

• Like 1

[mention=2226]Nolan[/mention] [mention=430]Jon[/mention] I'm sorry to hear of your bad news. If you ever need to talk or anything, I'm here for you