NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I have a kidney infection again... no uti symptoms at all, just bam, swollen kidneys which are agonisingly painful. Likely going to have to go to docs to get a blood workup done. Fed up. :(

I've had to ask for leave from my department at Uni as the events over the Christmas break with my family have taken a bit of a toll on me and I'm struggling with a lot of what's happened, especially as when I went through to see my grandmother I found out my Dad had been back in hospital again on Christmas day and on New Years but my Mum hasn't bothered to pass this along to not just me but my Brother who lives in the same house as them.

It's a bitter pill to swallow as I've never really taken time off but I've been assured that the time I take off will simply mean that my finish date for submitting my Ph.D. thesis is pushed back by the number of weeks. Definitely feels needed as I've not set foot in the department since mid-December and really cannot stomach going back so the time off will hopefully reset that as I feel I'd probably chuck it in if I had to go in at the moment. Get the feeling I've been hit with another round of Seasonal Affective though it feels like my depression has hit again, so needing to see my doctor especially as I've been getting heart palpitations.

At least I was able to see my grandmother recently and get my side of the story over, in that my Mum didn't send me any messages about what had happened to her or my Dad, and she's kind of seeing that it wasn't my fault with more recent events. Also good that it may not be lung cancer but perhaps a polyp or an abscess on her lung but better safe than sorry as she said. Still can't get in touch with my Dad which is playing on my mind as apparently he's asking after me but every time I try, it's my Mum answering and she's not passing me on :mad: Family's really can be the worst can't they.

So yeah, hopefully a couple of weeks off will be some good and going to keep trying with my Mum to speak/see my Dad, hopefully I'll get through to her that she was in the wrong.

The Harry Potter and the Cursed Child booking website.

Fucking BULLSHIT.

So annoyed right now...

My girlfriend asked for help with something. "Since you're good at English could you look over my text and check for mistakes and maybe help me improve it?"

Sure, no big deal. So I did.

Every single remark I made/advice I gave got shot down..."nah, don't like it", "sounds bad", "doesn't seem right".

Why ask for help, then? This annoys me to no end...AAARRRGGHHH.

/rant

The Harry Potter and the Cursed Child booking website.

Fucking BULLSHIT.

I had the same problems and eventually just gave up and went to see something else. Why is it so complicated?!

So annoyed right now...

My girlfriend asked for help with something. "Since you're good at English could you look over my text and check for mistakes and maybe help me improve it?"

Every single remark I made/advice I gave got shot down..."nah, don't like it", "sounds bad", "doesn't seem right".

/rant

Ah, you made the mistake of thinking that when someone asks for help with writing they want help. They (usually) just want confirmation that what they've done is right.

I used to offer up advice about CVs and the likes to friends and family but tend to avoid it if possible as no one ever takes the advice.

So annoyed right now...

/rant

Oh, I feel you, but for the opposite reason:

Mrs Iun wants me to check EVERYTHING for her. Before she, tried to dictate it to me in English and then get me to correct it as I went. In the end I just said "You write it, I'll check it."

Which has led us to the fascinating position where she wants to know WHY things have been changed and the EXACT rules behind the grammar.

And I'm just all "Fuck off, love, it's 9pm and I'm not your secretary."

Which is apparently the incorrect approach.

Just got back from helping take my sister's kids to school. She's been ill the last week and fainted at around 6am this morning so was really shook up and upset as it was just her and the kids in the house. She called an ambulance and they just said it'd be low blood sugar from the illness, anti biotics she's on and not being able to eat all that much. When my sister faints though she tends to fit quite dramatically so my niece was up and saw it which left her upset as well.

Just found out my aunt died yesterday. I haven't seen her for over a decade. She lived in another country. Not really sure how to react tbh. It's a little surreal while at the same time being a bit unremarkable. Which sounds harsh. But she was much more my farther's sister than she was my aunt. And he's been dead for coming up three decades now.

So...

raw

Coming down with a fever again :blank: The second time in two weeks now...

Will be great to tell my boss that I won't be able to work again tomorrow and most likely Friday, as well...

Just found out my aunt died yesterday. I haven't seen her for over a decade. She lived in another country. Not really sure how to react tbh. It's a little surreal while at the same time being a bit unremarkable. Which sounds harsh. But she was much more my farther's sister than she was my aunt. And he's been dead for coming up three decades now.

So...

raw

Sorry for your loss?

Police came to work today, with a car to pick up one of my colleagues. Her hubs-to-be committed suicide today.

Police came to work today, with a car to pick up one of my colleagues. Her hubs-to-be committed suicide today.

What the hell?! That must have been some serious undiagnosed/untreated depression.

What the hell?! That must have been some serious undiagnosed/untreated depression.
Some people can act better than the most acclaimed Hollywood actors.

Yea, we had a colleague (in another dept in our building) take her life a few years ago too. Knew she had issues with stress etc, but never thought she was the kind of character to do that. Its nearly always the ones you least expect.

I've done it myself, its incredible the kind of facade you can put up when you have to. Luckily I've never been that deep in depression to even think of making an attempt on my life, but its amazing what you can cover up when it comes to it.

Slightly unrelated note - ive been having some kind of paranoid episodes lately, and i've not really been sleeping either. Woke up for the FIRST time in my life with black bags under my eyes. Bad look..... May have to invest in some make up :bouncy:

So I felt really ill on Friday and was sent home from work. I have a rash on my knee which has become infected. The infection has spread up my leg, into my groin and lymph nodes. I was in A&E yesterday and was put on a drip. I'm going to have more treatment today. I feel a lot better today but my leg remains very painful.

So I felt really ill on Friday and was sent home from work. I have a rash on my knee which has become infected. The infection has spread up my leg, into my groin and lymph nodes. I was in A&E yesterday and was put on a drip. I'm going to have more treatment today. I feel a lot better today but my leg remains very painful.

Hope you feel better soon, braaaah.

Take care, everyone.

Got a letter through the door saying my property is under investigation because the prick that lived there before me didn't pay his TV licence. I'd like to see their faces when they turn up and can't find a single TV in that house :D

Got a letter through the door saying my property is under investigation because the prick that lived there before me didn't pay his TV licence. I'd like to see their faces when they turn up and can't find a single TV in that house :D

We got one of those too because we didn't pay the licence yet for our new house (we did for our flat, then moved it over to our house when we moved but they obviously didn't check their database for this). Not sure they actually will show up, and you can just ignore them access to your house. :P

Also, these days you also need a licence if you watch tv through a tablet, phone or computer, because they realised people were using that as a loophole not to pay the licence and still watch tv!

I hate the TV licence. We don't pay it, as we don't have a TV hooked up to an aerial. We just use ours for Netflix and YouTube. All done legit through the TV licensing website. They said they might come and inspect the property, but they haven't for almost 2 years, so I guess they're not too bothered. They wouldn't find anything anyway.

drop them an email and let them know you moved in xyz date and paid yours from then and they will stop sending letters. Had the same in my flat.

Boo, I'm ready to go back to therapy but the counselling service I used got shuttered end of last year. I'll happily go elsewhere but that adds an extra level that I super don't need right now.

TV license can GTF. They can't do anything unless they catch you watching live tv. Only way they can do that is by seeing from the street (and being able to prove it's live tv) or coming into your house. They can't come into your house unless you invite them or they have a warrant. They can't get a warrant unless they catch you watching TV.

They came to my door once and I said they couldn't come in.

Also don't tell them your name, ever. The letters say a court date will be set soon but they'll just be taking "the occupier" to court. 😂

I hate the TV licence. We don't pay it, as we don't have a TV hooked up to an aerial. We just use ours for Netflix and YouTube. All done legit through the TV licensing website. They said they might come and inspect the property, but they haven't for almost 2 years, so I guess they're not too bothered. They wouldn't find anything anyway.

I did this a few years ago before there were actual options on the website, and I did actually have someone visit me. I flat out refused to let them in, but then I made sure it was absolutely clear I wasn't using the TV (unplugged the cable box, put it away, took away any old-style aerials), and when they came back a few weeks later, I let them look and they agreed it was ok.

However, now Netflix etc is more popular, and the option easier online, I think more and more people are doing this, and they can no longer actually afford to arrange visits to check.

Edited by Shorty