NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Saw you come out of the station last week I think. What happened to cycling ya lazy git?

I was off last week.

And I'm super mega exhausted lately. Just took me 50 minutes to get out of bed!

Absolute misery. We've just had parents' evening - until just before 10pm. Back the next day at 7:45am. Straight into book week where we are promoting a charity: but instead of money, we get snotty emails from EXTREMELY RICH parents who don't even want to donate a pound. "Why should we help poor people?" Literally. That was what was said.

Then, immediately after Book Week, we have The English Festival. Which has involved us teaching NOTHING WHATSOEVER for about four periods a week (cue angry emails from parents "Why has my child not learned calculus yet?") due to needing the time to organise performances and rehearsal and then, FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE EVENT, the Headmistress decides that ALL performances need to have "Audience Participation" in them. So that needs to be worked in.

By the way, we just worked through several consecutive lunch breaks marking mid-term exams with seriously crap rubrics for marking - because the Headmistress wants them done to give back to the pupils on Friday. We also need to write a full term plan and have it translated for parents RIGHT THIS MINUTE due to one parent - SINGULAR - complaining that they wanted this.

THEN: we have two parents' observation days coming up, which means 3 periods of observation, one after the other for me. So those have to be planned. And rehearsed. And re-jigged because my co-teacher, bless her heart, would rather stand at the back of the room than do any actual work. And they are judging the teachers on their level of co-teaching. So I'm on to an automatic loser because she is basically a mouse in human form and I dominate the classes, because otherwise nothing would get done. Seriously, I tried planning her interactions in the lesson and giving her time to practice, and she just kept looking to me for instruction. Which is my fault.

Oh yes, and we've just started a four-week professional development course that requires video-watching, note-taking, podcast-listening and essay writing.

I'm looking forward to my three-day Christmas holiday, although I am a worried that I may have dropped dead or murdered someone by then.

That sounds horrendous. If you do murder someone, I'll be your alibi if you like.

I'll say you were round mine that night or something. You just nipped several hundred miles to get some milk.

Got a phone call from Dad last night: Grandad's cancer, formerly in remission, has now spread to his lungs and bones. He's got a few months, and there's no way I can get back to visit.

Was unsure which thread to put it in but i'm a bit disappointed with my colleagues. We received a firm wide email stating that the firm will observe a 2 min silence at 11:00.

It came and past with no-one observing it apart from myself. I mean it is only two minutes and to be honest although we are all busy at work it doesn't take much effort to give a little respect.

Bah, failed my 2nd try at the driving test. Pulled out in front of someone who never indicated going around a roundabout. Only 3 minor faults besides. Extremely irritating.

How come you can't get back? Is it you can't get time off?

I can get the time off, but here's the kicker: They will calculate days off at the full salary rate + allowances (ALL allowances!) then divide the result by the minimum number of days in a month (February, even though it's December) then remove the sum from the main salary.

THEN I will still pay taxed based on the FULL SALARY + ALLOWANCE amount, even though I will not receive the regular amount.

i.e. If my salary + monthly allowances = 2k, they will take off however much 2k/18 days x number of days off. Then still tax me as if I have earned 2k.

The net result is, I would be out by almost a grand with bills still to pay, plus flight, plus gifts for the family, plus spending money.

Was unsure which thread to put it in but i'm a bit disappointed with my colleagues. We received a firm wide email stating that the firm will observe a 2 min silence at 11:00.

It came and past with no-one observing it apart from myself. I mean it is only two minutes and to be honest although we are all busy at work it doesn't take much effort to give a little respect.

Work was the complete opposite with me and it shocked me, really. I came in and my manager told me we're doing a two minute silence at 11am. I have a lot of respect for her now.

11am came and every person in the shop stood still in silence except for one woman. She saw us all doing it and she was pushing one of my staff to serve her but she pointed at a sign clearly saying "WE ARE OBSERVING A TWO MINUTE SILENCE AT 11AM" but she were having none of it. She was huffing and walking impatiently and just doing everything to be annoying. In the middle of the two minute silence, the shopping centre announced they'll be doing a two-minute silence at 11:01, lmao. Then the whole shopping centre outside stood still in silence and these chavvy women came in and said "Why is it quiet in here?". Her friend said "Ah, they're doing that minute silence protest"

o_O

I think my immune system is slowly trying to kill me. Three colds in the space of three fucking weeks. I swear I'm done for if anything medically serious heads my way.

Currently having a hard time feeling happy with myself. People are around me and I am going out doing things but I feel unhappy nonetheless.

I also got mugged last week. Just to twist the knife a bit. Now I feel unsafe as well!

Currently having a hard time feeling happy with myself. People are around me and I am going out doing things but I feel unhappy nonetheless.

I also got mugged last week. Just to twist the knife a bit. Now I feel unsafe as well!

That's terrible, I feel for you. Being robbed happens twice: First they take your property, and then they take your feeling of safety.

Neither belongs to them.

Urgh. My bike had ice on the seat this morning. And now I have a cold bum.

oh yeah? Well my heating doesn't work in my room so it's THE SAME TEMPERATURE IN HERE AS IT IS OUTSIDE.

My room is next to the boiler, so I have to have my window open all day. It's still 26 degree in here which is mildly too hot.

I've had quite a few run-ins with my assistant manager and today, I totally flipped. She keeps on talking to me like a naughty toddler and raising her voice at me. Earlier on in the week, she was totally fine but then the last couple of days, she's been an utter pain. She just comes up to me and starts moaning about stuff that's either out of my control or just to moan.

She's told me off for small things and made big deals out of them and even the manager looks at her like "Chill the fuck out!". Today, I lost it though. I just couldn't hold it back anymore. I was in my aisle tidying it because it was getting messy all of the time.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she raises her voice.

"Booking flights to go to the North Pole, what does it look like?"

"I've done an aisle and you're still here?" she asks.

"Yup. You've had [enter member of staff's name] with you. I've had nobody and this is the worst aisle to tidy"

"Well, get it done!"

She was walking off and I almost did it but then it just came out.

"Hey, how old do you think I look?"

"I know you're in your 20s"

"And yet you talk to me like I'm some toddler?"

She never said anything and walked off.

I know, I know, I really need to learn to keep my cool.

-_-

======

It's not necessarily a bad thing...just disappointing/annoying.

So as you guys may know, I am a sales add-on manager, meaning I just basically boost team morale, make displays look awesome and raise the sales figures.

I found out that our store was #1 in the entire region for selling the most perfumes and giftsets. Not blowing my own horn but I did sell the majority of it. Anyway, today was going pretty good and my manager told me the regional manager was pleased with her and the store and told her to buy the team a box of chocolates to share and get her a bottle of alcohol out of the store money. Part of me was happy that we got chocolates but part of me was sort of like "Where the fuck is my recognition? Where's my bottle of Jack Daniels?". She hardly sold anything, really. All she did was tell me to tell the staff to sell and told me to push them, which I do anyway. I know, it sounds really petty and selfish, right? The other supervisor said what I was thinking, which was nice to hear, I guess. He basically said he found it unfair how she got the recognition and a present and I got nothing even though I sold the most. Bleh!

Still, I printed out the figures that said I sold the most and kept it. I guess that's something! :p

oh yeah? Well my heating doesn't work in my room so it's THE SAME TEMPERATURE IN HERE AS IT IS OUTSIDE.

Oh come on, you should be used to that. If I recall in uni you had a room where the window never shut.

:shakehead

That I did! ... but the radiator worked :P

Like that ever helped! :heh:

Today, I've fully put my resentment at lorries. I got a chipped windscreen on the way to work. Third time in a very short space of time.

Not only that but Hastings (my insurer) don't work with autoglass, so now I have to wait til Thursday due to them being slow on calling me back to get it fixed Thursday.

Should have just paid autoglass the 70quid..

Just found out that all of my shoes/boots (like, all 3 pairs that I own haha) have holes in them. Boooh. =(

And I am not sure when I can buy new ones as I am still waiting for work to pay me (pay day was on the 17th)... This is the second time they are late with payment and it is starting to get annoying. I know it is all down to our clients not paying on time but urgh, I need my money.

If anyone wants to help fund my new shoes without holes, you can always buy your Christmas cards in my shop. =P

And I am not sure when I can buy new ones as I am still waiting for work to pay me (pay day was on the 17th)... This is the second time they are late with payment and it is starting to get annoying. I know it is all down to our clients not paying on time but urgh, I need my money.

Unless you've allowed for that in your contract, I don't see how late payment from clients is your problem?

So I'm not sure if I mentioned here or not about my bump a couple of weeks ago where a colleague reversed into me.

At any rate, that happened and apart from a few scratches, everything was fine. Today, I got hit by someone else, this time front on.

Thankfully, I'm ok, the car superfacial damage, but relatively ok. So now I've spent three hours talking to various people to get it fixed.

Both times not my fault. Both times the driver was being stupid (today they were leaning out the window to see because they hadn't defrosted their windscreen. Joy.)

After this and my chipped windscreen from a lorry this week, I'm ready to bury my head in my bed and never come out. Fuck cars and fuck bad drivers.

Currently in a house with 4 other people. Last monday I bought 18 rolls of toilet paper and now there are none. What are people shitting? I also had two unopened boxes of cereal now empty, and 3kg of pasta now less than 1kg and I used it three times. My shower gel is empty too.

Essentially all of them are using up my shit.

I would literally be completely fine with them feeding themselves from my stuff if they ask, it's just so frustrating when I go to use something and it's entirely empty and I could've gotten a replacement earlier in the day had I known!

Currently in a house with 4 other people. Last monday I bought 18 rolls of toilet paper and now there are none. What are people shitting? I also had two unopened boxes of cereal now empty, and 3kg of pasta now less than 1kg and I used it three times. My shower gel is empty too.

Essentially all of them are using up my shit.

I would literally be completely fine with them feeding themselves from my stuff if they ask, it's just so frustrating when I go to use something and it's entirely empty and I could've gotten a replacement earlier in the day had I known!

Hide yo shit or just do it back...or do they buy nothing for themselves?

Start putting blobs of Nutella on your toilet roll. They'll soon buy their own.