NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

If no member of management is allowed holiday during conference season, then what is she doing on holiday during conference season?

Taken from Citizens Advice Bureau site: http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/work_e/work_time_off_work_e/holidays_and_holiday_pay.htm

You can ask to take your holiday whenever you choose, as long as you give your employer the right notice and take into account certain agreements between you and your employer. However, an employer has the right to refuse your request to take holiday, as long as they give you the right notice at the right time and take account of certain agreements between you.

Your employer can refuse to let you take holiday. To do this they must give you notice equal to the holiday you want to take. So if you have asked to take two weeks’ holiday and have told your employer four weeks before the date you want your holiday to start, your employer must tell you two weeks before your holiday is due to start that you cannot take the holiday.

There is some right fucking scum in this world.

I was sitting in the bus, wits card going both way on a main road. Then some complete wankers decide to speed out of a junction, past the bus and hit the back of the car going the other way (I was at the front and top of the bus, I could tell they were going to hit the other car the moment they started moving), this caused the front of the car they hit to lose control, hitting the front of the bus and completely crushing the entire front end (most of the engine was crushed to behind the front wheels).

Then the free guys in the car just pegged it. No consideration for the young woman in the other car (who was thankfully fine, just had scratches on her legs). While they're all dicks that deserve castration, I actually think worse of the people who weren't driving - other than giving details on their dickhead of a friend, there are no consequences for them helping the woman help.

There was a chinese/chippy where it happened that helped out the woman out and brought her inside, and me and others stayed behind to give statements to the police (while there was more than enough witnesses, I felt like I had to give mine due to having a very clear view from above).

Luckily, the bus has a camera on the side which hopefully has the whole thing, and the bastards who ran left coats, phones and other stuff in the car, which will hopefully lead to catching them (and lead to all three getting severe punishments - in cases like this, the passengers should be punished as much as the driver).

The thing is, she's told me two weeks before the holiday has started and my old manager never signed anything anyway so it looks like I'm lying when I'm not. She believes me because she knows what my old manager was like but it's still annoying because I've been having loads of problems with the company. For instance, I've not been paid for two months and last week was the first time I got paid. I was told it was because I never sent my right to work to them when I definitely did. It got sorted in the end but they forgot to add me to the payroll so then I had to wait another month. Last week was my first payday.

Honestly, as much as I actually like the job, I don't like how disorganised it is and the lack of communication is a laugh. I've even been thinking of applying for another job. I wouldn't be surprised if they forget I even work there at one point! lmao.

Work let my manager go today.

Not only did that let go a really cool guy who was willing to do anything to ensure he fit with the company and was cool to his team. I've also lost a buddy to drive with and therefore my cost of commuting has gone back up to nearly £200.

I'm just going to go curl up in a corner now.

@Cube what cunts. It's sad that there are morons like that around, the sort without two brain cells to rub together for warmth.

It's not really something bad but it's something that has annoyed me. Disney are being twats and have decided to re-design the numbered spine so instead of having it like this:

spines-jpg.341066

It's now going to be like this:

image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FX5SDpGg.jpg&hash=1d4811ddd12049256e528869425c50a7

...don't get me wrong, I think it'd look miles better and would actually be in line but I'm peeved because nothing was said about a re-design otherwise I'd have waited. I now have about 16 or 17 numbered spines from the old design (including Snow White which was RE-RELEASED ONLY TWO MONTHS AGO USING THE OLD DESIGN!).

So the question is do I let my OCD win and trade them for the new design of numbered spines or just keep them and carry on collecting! A couple of the numbered spines are out anyway but they still have the number on them...

Can you maybe just print off some inserts yourself?

I thought about doing that but I wouldn't really know how to print them off like the same quality as the ones I have now though.

Yeah, to be fair it would probably cost a couple of pounds per sleeve to get them nice quality.

More annoying than bad but...

I want to transfer money from my business account to my personal one. I log into my online account, but in order to do that I need a card reader. In order to get a card reader I need to request one, but my address is incorrect. I ask the online help if I can do it through there and they say they can only do personal accounts so I have to ring up the business support. So I ring the number they gave me, and its now changed. So then I ring that number and they say I have to have a card reader in order to do telephone banking, so I'd have to log in and request one. I explain I can't as it'll go to the wrong address and they state I'll have to go into a branch to update my address and then request one. However, the nearest branch shuts in 30 minutes so it's out of the picture for today, and there's not one conveniently near work (I can make it to and from on my bike, but it's a faff at lunch and they open later and close earlier than I start). Plus to make it more awkward, I've also changed my name so proof of my address is under my new name and while I can take a name change certificate, my proof of ID (i.e. passport) is under my old name so when I do go in its going to be a faff.

Annoyingly I thought I had a chequebook but I don't, otherwise I'd just write a cheque to myself!

Sounds like a chain of quests from Skyrim. You need to open the gate to bullshit mountain, but the gatekeeper needs Grandpa Witherspoon's essence of dank-nuts for his pot roast. Grandpa Witherspoon died and left the essence of dank-nuts to his errant nephew, but his estate is in arrears so the solicitors are withholding his assets until you bring them dust of unicorn horn which incidentally is only sourced on bullshit mountain.

It's not really something bad but it's something that has annoyed me. Disney are being twats and have decided to re-design the numbered spine so instead of having it like this:

spines-jpg.341066

It's now going to be like this:

image=http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FX5SDpGg.jpg&hash=1d4811ddd12049256e528869425c50a7

...don't get me wrong, I think it'd look miles better and would actually be in line but I'm peeved because nothing was said about a re-design otherwise I'd have waited. I now have about 16 or 17 numbered spines from the old design (including Snow White which was RE-RELEASED ONLY TWO MONTHS AGO USING THE OLD DESIGN!).

So the question is do I let my OCD win and trade them for the new design of numbered spines or just keep them and carry on collecting! A couple of the numbered spines are out anyway but they still have the number on them...

That would make me want to kill everyone.

More annoying than bad but...

I want to transfer money from my business account to my personal one. I log into my online account, but in order to do that I need a card reader. In order to get a card reader I need to request one, but my address is incorrect. I ask the online help if I can do it through there and they say they can only do personal accounts so I have to ring up the business support. So I ring the number they gave me, and its now changed. So then I ring that number and they say I have to have a card reader in order to do telephone banking, so I'd have to log in and request one. I explain I can't as it'll go to the wrong address and they state I'll have to go into a branch to update my address and then request one. However, the nearest branch shuts in 30 minutes so it's out of the picture for today, and there's not one conveniently near work (I can make it to and from on my bike, but it's a faff at lunch and they open later and close earlier than I start). Plus to make it more awkward, I've also changed my name so proof of my address is under my new name and while I can take a name change certificate, my proof of ID (i.e. passport) is under my old name so when I do go in its going to be a faff.

Annoyingly I thought I had a chequebook but I don't, otherwise I'd just write a cheque to myself!

Find someone else with a card reader. They're all the same, you can use any, it's not linked to you. Then you should be able to transfer your money/change your details/get your own card reader!

That would make me want to kill everyone.

Mate, I know it's trivial but I'm fuming because I've been collecting for months now. I've found some that are hard to get as well and I've basically done it for nothing. I would love to have the new covers because it's miles better, which is what pisses me off more. However, I've decided that I'll gradually get the new covers in time. For now, I'm just going to carry on collecting them and when the ones with new covers are released, trade them in and get the new cover of it, depending on whether I can get all of them on time.

I know I can most likely get all of them up to Frozen (which I should be getting tomorrow with some luck) but it's just the matter that they fucking released Snow White two months ago with the numbered spine in the old design. Why do that?!

I'm going down CEX tomorrow to buy Tarzan and Lady and the Tramp and hopefully, they're numbered.

What the fuck. Was walking home from an after party. Distance: Roughly 7-8 kilometers. For some reason I will never understand I fall asleep halfway, and from the bumb in my forehead I pretty much fell straight to the ground from where I stood. It was an great night, reconnecting with people I haven't met in literally a decade. I even got invited to the reunion no one told me about. But fuck, those glasses I lost cost 200 pounds...

Mate, I know it's trivial

Here's the thing.....it isn't trivial.

Usually when people say this kind of thing, the opposite is actually true. "I know it's silly, but whenever it's Christmas, I have to light an Orange and Cranberry candle...or else it wouldn't be Christmas to me". Memories. Smells. Happiness. Comfort. These are more important than everything.

You fucking LOVE Disney. You've poured money, decision making and effort into gaining this Blu-Ray collection, and half way through Disney piss around with the spine. Fuck that. It does my head in that the IM3 Blu-Ray is the only Phase 2 3D Blu-Ray that doesn't have a red spine. It kills me. That shit IS important.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

#LifeGuru

#DeseWordsRMyOwn

Mate, I know it's trivial but I'm fuming because I've been collecting for months now. I've found some that are hard to get as well and I've basically done it for nothing. I would love to have the new covers because it's miles better, which is what pisses me off more. However, I've decided that I'll gradually get the new covers in time. For now, I'm just going to carry on collecting them and when the ones with new covers are released, trade them in and get the new cover of it, depending on whether I can get all of them on time.

I know I can most likely get all of them up to Frozen (which I should be getting tomorrow with some luck) but it's just the matter that they fucking released Snow White two months ago with the numbered spine in the old design. Why do that?!

I'm going down CEX tomorrow to buy Tarzan and Lady and the Tramp and hopefully, they're numbered.

I wish I had seen this earlier ( don't come I to general much ) as I may have saved you some stress.

As far as I know The Rescuers is the only one like that. For some reason it's always been like that and many are just waiting to see if Disney do a reprint. I know they did one for Cinderella as that was also misaligned.

All of the other blurays should be fine.

Here is my collection. All the numbers match. :D

image_zps6b777a3d.jpg

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Same kind of thing with all my graphic novels. Drives me crazy when the spines are changed. Thats also one of the reasons I always buy the US versions of Marvel stuff instead of the UK Marvel/Panini books.

It's matriculation week at Uni starting today which means new people and changes. Specifically, as soon as I came in this morning, I was told I'd be moving office and having to share with someone I absolutely hate. :shakehead Do not want! Also means that I've got to find new lab space as I was using my office as my lab as well so yay, super happy about all of this first thing on a Monday morning and having to lug 2 computers, etc. up and down stairs :mad: Let the awkwardness commence!

So disenfranchised with this place, really need to find a proper job so I can get away. 6 years here and recently I've just not wanted to be doing this PhD because the department sucks and my supervisor is the most useless person ever complaining that I take a day off despite him taking 2 months off to go back to Australia and not bother reading drafts of a report I was sending him. Keep seeing PhDs being advertised elsewhere which sound amazing. Perhaps I really should reconsider my current location.

I wish I had seen this earlier ( don't come I to general much ) as I may have saved you some stress.

As far as I know The Rescuers is the only one like that. For some reason it's always been like that and many are just waiting to see if Disney do a reprint. I know they did one for Cinderella as that was also misaligned.

All of the other blurays should be fine.

Here is my collection. All the numbers match. :D

image_zps6b777a3d.jpg

I know what you mean but it's not even the fact that it's a little higher than usual. I mean, I am fussed about that but I'm even more bothered about the fact they've TOTALLY REDESIGNED the spine. It's going to be this:

Link to the new spine because I don't think it works any other way. I tried to embed it but it doesn't show.

...and from what I've heard, every Disney film being released from now on will have that cover. It still annoys me to no end! -_-

Oh and by the way, your collection is fucking sexy as! Do you collect US ones as well as UK ones? I've been debating on whether to get them imported but I want to know if they'll work on my PS3 before I do. They have Treasure Planet, Atlantis, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Winnie the Pooh, Ichabod and Mr. Toad, Fun and Fancy Free, The Three Caballeros and Saludos Amigos. Would you count them towards your collection?

Edited by Animal

I know what you mean but it's not even the fact that it's a little higher than usual. I mean, I am fussed about that but I'm even more bothered about the fact they've TOTALLY REDESIGNED the spine. It's going to be this:

Link to the new spine because I don't think it works any other way. I tried to embed it but it doesn't show.

...and from what I've heard, every Disney film being released from now on will have that cover. It still annoys me to no end! -_-

Oh and by the way, your collection is fucking sexy as!

The link doesn't work. :(