NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

Similarly, I interview for a position on Friday and didn't get it. Not that I really wanted the position, but I wanted to spend some time working in a place I like (I've worked there previously), with people I like, making money and spending it.

Now to figure out what I'm doing with my life.

@gaggle64 you seen The Office? When I worked at Argos you had the retail bit and the warehouse bit, and the warehouse guys were exactly like those in the TV show. No-nonsense alpha-males who aren't looking to please, just looking to crack knuckles, skulls and on. That doesn't make much sense. But srsly you can do better! Keep at it man.

The job was at a muffin factory. A large section of it would have involved checking cream toppings. And I get weekly threats of violence at my current job.

Do you have the opportunity to reply to them? It seems like a reasonable course of action to me; what's the worst that could happen?

I'll email my recruitment guy, see if he has anything from them.

Now to figure out what I'm doing with my life.

Live fast and die young? I hear bad girls do it well.

Edited by gaggle64
Automerged Doublepost

Were you allowed to touch the Laminated Book of Dreams?

I was! We got to see the catalogues before they went 'live'!

@gaggle64 keep on believin' bro. You're capable of more than what you're doing. Interviews are hard because they don't replicate the job you're going for. Often they're not looking for the person best suited to the job but the person best suited to the crew of people they already have. Just be amicable and likeable and you'll succeed.

Otherwise work on that book that we all know is in your head.

@gaggle64 keep on believin' bro. You're capable of more than what you're doing. Interviews are hard because they don't replicate the job you're going for. Often they're not looking for the person best suited to the job but the person best suited to the crew of people they already have. Just be amicable and likeable and you'll succeed.

Otherwise work on that book that we all know is in your head.

I know all of that, that's what makes me so unbelievably angry about the whole situation. And the book will happen when I'm not expending the bulk of my energies tolerating an endless stream of individuals who use "like" at least twice a sentence.

Actual recent example: "Like, you're going to, like, South America? Is that, like, Brazil and stuff?"

Maybe I just need to dance it out.

Tl8u58H.gif

In a bit of a funk at the moment, and have kinda been in it for quite awhile now :(

PhD isn't doing much for me (although I suspect when I actually get some work to do that'll improve), new flat is great but feeling a rather alone there, had a fall out with my parents (mainly because my mother was being snarky and pretty much FB stalking me :nono:) and in two minds about whether to keep a friendship going because although we get on great and I love her loads (she's my closest friend and pretty much family at this point), it's very much 'take, take, take' with her all the while ignoring any and all messages I send her, which is pretty infrequently anyway, and lying about various things and bailing on most of our plans.

All that and I'm getting chronic headaches (like' stop me in my tracks' bad) and I'm not sleeping well at. Also started drinking heavily again as well which is super given how far that's taken me in the past.

So yeah, I'm feeling fan-bloody-tastic right now :(

In a bit of a funk at the moment, and have kinda been in it for quite awhile now :(

PhD isn't doing much for me (although I suspect when I actually get some work to do that'll improve)

How far are you in/what are you doing?

PhD isn't doing much for me (although I suspect when I actually get some work to do that'll improve), new flat is great but feeling a rather alone there, had a fall out with my parents (mainly because my mother was being snarky and pretty much FB stalking me :nono:) and in two minds about whether to keep a friendship going because although we get on great and I love her loads (she's my closest friend and pretty much family at this point), it's very much 'take, take, take' with her all the while ignoring any and all messages I send her, which is pretty infrequently anyway, and lying about various things and bailing on most of our plans.

All that and I'm getting chronic headaches (like' stop me in my tracks' bad) and I'm not sleeping well at. Also started drinking heavily again as well which is super given how far that's taken me in the past.

So yeah, I'm feeling fan-bloody-tastic right now :(

The headaches and the drinking, do you think those those are the results of (some of) the other bad stuff?

Fancied a takeaway, so ordered an Indian. When I went to collect it at the address from the website, they weren't there. I rang up and they said they'd moved 6 miles away. So I ended up having a Thai instead.

I think that may be symbolic.

Any Thai people at work?

I forgot that I never told people on here my prostitute story. Kind of ruins the joke.

Long story short, I slept with a Thai prostitute when I was in Amsterdam. If people are interested I'll tell the full story some time.

I forgot that I never told people on here my prostitute story. Kind of ruins the joke.

Long story short, I slept with a Thai prostitute when I was in Amsterdam. If people are interested I'll tell the full story some time.

I too am extremely interested in this.

Are you sure about that? For a story about Moogle having sex with a middle-aged prostitute, it's surprisingly unarousing.

popcorn_the_it_crowd.gif

Ugh, still sick. I think I feel more sick tonight than I have all week, and I thought I was getting better.

Christ, every time I blow my nose, it feels as if the pressure in my head is threatening to splode it.

Edited by Dannyboy-the-Dane

Christ, every time I blow my nose, it feels as if the pressure in my head is threatening to splode it.

popcorn_the_it_crowd.gif

Urgh been feeling like shit all day. I'm fairly confident it was a little bit of bad for reacting instead of the volume of alcohol I had last night. I've never felt that bad as I've felt today. I had to stick my fingers down my throat about 3 times to pre-empt the ugly stickiness and been in bed all day. I want this feeling to end dammit!

Well, i was supposed to have gone to see Alter Bridge, Shinedown and Halestorm last night. But it was not to be, due to public transportation. Yeah maybe i should get a car, but hey. Went to a different station last night to get into Cardiff, one that had 4 lines with more trains to choose from. Show is meant to begin at 7pm, so i got to the station at 5:45 ready for the 5:50 train. I get there, 2 of the lines are closed and a restrictive service is in operation. The work was meant to finish last weekend, but due to whatever reason it wasn't. The workers didn't look like they were working too hard at all, so i could see why it took so long.

I get there, the train meant to have left at 5pm was an hour late causing my train to be late behind that. That 5pm train zoomed through at 6:10pm, the one i was meant to get was getting later and later. Checked the train app to see what could be holding it up, no reason on the list. Shows as "on time", but still getting later. I call friends and family to see if they can give me a lift, to no avail at all. Show is meant to being 7pm, by half 7 i head home. Was looking forward to that as well, so i'm not in a good mood. I then find out at home that the trains are running late due to the work on the line. I've written a complaint into Network Fail, in the 2 hours i stood at teh train station i saw nobody doing anything constructive or what is warrented as "work". Just sitting there chatting.

I feel like my first job is just pressuring sometimes because of the second boss as I've had three run-ins with him this week and it's bugging me.

The first run-in was basically him telling me to do something and it wasn't even me who did it. Him and one of the supervisors were pratting around, having a joke, which is okay. So one of the supervisors moved this stand slanted so the boss would move it. He just said "Very funny but I'll just get him to move it back" and turned to me and told me to move it.

I said "Hold on, you're getting ME to move something he did? Why don't you just get him to do it, he did it, not me!"

He told me to move it so I stood my ground and said "No. Why should I?"

He was like "I've asked you nicely, now move the stand back to where it was"

"No" I said. "The supervisor moved it as a joke between you both, HE should clean up his own mess because this isn't the first time I've had to do it!"

So he just said "Okay then, I'll give you a disciplinary after the count of ten"

I said "If I do it, I'll lose all respect for you"

So he carried on counting down anyway and got to around 3 and I just moved it and said "You're a bit of a dick, organise your own damn Christmas meal because I sure as hell ain't going to do it!" and totally avoided him for the rest of the day. He tried to joke around with me but I just went "Okay, whatever" and that were it.

So I called up the other person who was helping me organise the company Christmas meal with me and told them I wasn't doing it anymore. She just said "No worries, I won't either". Wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a Christmas meal now...

The other thing that happened was yesterday, which was annoying. I was serving customers and stuff when one of the members of staff approached me and told me that the second boss had told me to clean this muck off of this shoe. It annoyed me but I didn't say anything and started to do it. So I tried every cleaner but nothing would get it off so I used a bit of our spray which we use as a sample for customers but I sprayed a little bit on. The muck came off and all was well so I handed him the shoe and he said "What did you use?" so I told him and then he's like "You're ALWAYS using that spray!"

I said "How do you work that one out? Name several times where I've used it!"

"You used it the other day to show a customer how it works!"

I said "That's the whole point of a demo! If a customer asks, you use it!"

"You didn't have to though because I sprayed some of it on" he said.

"Well, not good enough obviously because the spray didn't work when I showed him and I had to re-spray it!"

Then he says "You're banned from using the spray!"

I laughed. "Are you actually shitting me right now?"

"No, you're actually banned. I forbid you to use it!"

"You...forbid me?" I started laughing a little.

"Yeah, don't use it! Don't forget who I am in here"

And I said "Yeah, you're the boss of me IN HERE! But don't forget that you're not the boss of me OUT THERE!" and he was taken back.

I walked off. Did the same thing as he did the last time and tried joking with me but I just more or less ignored him.

There's other things too but I won't bore you with the details, lmao. Those were just the two main things that have bugged me!

It's just grating on me now. :angry:

I reckon in the douchebag grading scheme, he would be awarded a D for douche.

@Animal is retail something you want to stay in? It appears you dont enjoy it that much. Probably does not help having wankers has employers but have you looked into trying to get into a different sector?

I've just learned that Marcia Wallace, the voice of Edna Krabapple in The Simpsons, passed away yesterday Friday 25th. Her character will be permanently retired in the next season out of respect. It's just weird because it's a minor thing and yet on reflection there's a part of me that feels shocked.