NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

its a conspiracy so you eventually give up and pay Halfords to install them for you!!!!

I get them to do it anyway.

Because:

1. I am lazy

2. If it goes wrong - I can blame them.

I'm guilty of that too and my car is old and not complicated :heh:

My Allegro was one of the easiest cars to work on. To change the headlamp bulbs you didn't even need to open the bonnet.

Damn technological advancements.

I dread the day when I end up having to buy a newer car and its all shit and complicated.... bluh.

My fathers car has an onboard computer that keeps firing error messages for NO REASON and every time he takes it in he gets charged ridiculous.com just to hook it up to the system to fix it.... The most complicated thing in my car is the electronic dash and electric windows o_o (which incidentally are starting to fail themselves) (edit: i've a 2001 toyota yaris)

My fathers car has an onboard computer that keeps firing error messages for NO REASON and every time he takes it in he gets charged ridiculous.com just to hook it up to the system to fix it....

Has he thought about getting an OBD sensor himself? Depending on the car you can usually get one for £20-50. Will save you a fortune from one trip to the mechanic.

I do wonder if they make things deliberately hard so you have to go to a dealer.

I managed it in the end. But it shouldn't take me 20 minutes to change a bulb.

I tried doing mine on my Astra, you have to go in through the wheel arch. Failed miserably and took it to Halfords. Took the guy about half an hour to do!

I dread the day when I end up having to buy a newer car and its all shit and complicated.... bluh.

My fathers car has an onboard computer that keeps firing error messages for NO REASON and every time he takes it in he gets charged ridiculous.com just to hook it up to the system to fix it.... The most complicated thing in my car is the electronic dash and electric windows o_o (which incidentally are starting to fail themselves) (edit: i've a 2001 toyota yaris)

My friend has a fully-fledged diagnostics kit for electrical problems. Really, really good and means you can go to a garage and tell them exactly what the problem is.

Find someone who does something near you to diagnose, then yo ucan go and get it sorted.

Had one of those cruddy (Mon)days at work earlier.

At one point I was reading a report sent from a department that they cobbled together last year, and I offered to help. It was awful. They looked at entry quals, how well they did in the first year and what they went on to graduate with. That's fine, that shows you how well a student/student body performed. It does not, as they claimed, give you the "statistical probability" of entry quals to final result. They were making claims such as "there is a statistical probability that 24% of students that enter from an Access course will get a 2:2". No, that's not what this data is telling you!

And I hate that it annoys me so.

I can't get to sleep and all the usual places of leisure are useless at this hour - Reddit, I've pretty much read it for the day (ahahahaa) and Twitter is suddenly all about... WWE :/

I can't get to sleep and all the usual places of leisure are useless at this hour - Reddit, I've pretty much read it for the day (ahahahaa) and Twitter is suddenly all about... WWE :/

Sweaty men wrestling each other? I thought you'd be all about that.

Oh bollocks.

I am back to my pre-Christmas sleep pattern of 12am -1:30am 2:30am - 3:30am and then no sleep until alarm at 6:00am.

FUCKINGFUCKFUCKWANKITYFUCKFUCKBASTARDSFUCKFUCK.

Oh my god. Why am I still here? Oh yeah, because I have a really good job and I'm getting excellent experience with it. As soon as I have enough, I am moving the heck out of here and seeing my family as scarcely as possible. idk, N-E. Should I just move and start anew? I have an M.Sc in Computer Science and I will be moving to the Silicon Prairie (yes, that is a thing).

Yeah Eddie, don't you dare go chasing happiness. You have to stay here and be miserable like the rest of us.

Thanks guys :heh: Oh man, N-E should write an advice column (those replying to problem-havers' letters features) XD I would read it every month!

How about I grab my bag pack and let's go on the open road to the Silicon Prairie?

I think patience is key for whatever is troubling you. I bet that you'll be leaving sooner than you think, so make whatever you can of Dublin (and let's see a movie :3 ) [\vague advice, sorry =__=]

~ ~ ~

Just back to college, it's sorta lovely to be back but I've become so lazy and complacent with just lying all day with my friends that the work load depresses me. It's so silly that studying languages forces you to take modules based around uninteresting literature / culture. I usually love that stuff but the teaching execution makes me wanna die.

How about I grab my bag pack and let's go on the open road to the Silicon Prairie?

I think patience is key for whatever is troubling you. I bet that you'll be leaving sooner than you think, so make whatever you can of Dublin (and let's see a movie :3 ) [\vague advice, sorry =__=]

~ ~ ~

Just back to college, it's sorta lovely to be back but I've become so lazy and complacent with just lying all day with my friends that the work load depresses me. It's so silly that studying languages forces you to take modules based around uninteresting literature / culture. I usually love that stuff but the teaching execution makes me wanna die.

:heart:

Sorry to know that the teaching is bad...I've had some bad teachers in secondary school, including one who constantly smelled of cigarettes and alcohol, and another who was so bad at teaching maths we were constantly staying behind after school. It's a bloody shame for people who actually want to learn. You look forward to Vienna (hopefully) :)

I had a teacher who used to send people on trips to buy her Mars bars during class. She also orderer 16 inch pizzas for herself at lunch times. She was dumb too. Not related to this thread but thought I'd join in the teacher-bashing :)

Trying to do a showreel and just feel like all my stuff is shit. BLAH!

In fact, my avatar is pretty much me right now.

What a shitty day!

This evening I was driving down to Warwick University for an alumni/networking event where I would be representing my company. I wasn't paying enough attention and I clipped the curb coming off the dual carriageway. Result:

20130123_193943_zps06b46c1c.jpg

What was worse was my car didn't seem to have a lug wrench, so I had to call in roadside assistance. I must have faffed around in the freezing cold for over an hour. Needless to say, I didn't make it the event.

Ran out of rice before finishing the chicken/sauce portion of my dinner. FML.

Okay, so today I was walking past the Maccas in the food court at the building where my work is. This dude was handed a burger on it's own, he asks "does it have pickles on it?" to which the staff says "oops, sorry I didn't know you didn't want pickles".. she apologises, tells the flippers to make one without pickles and throws the burger in the bin without so much as even checking it.

This really irked me, and I started wondering how much food is actually wasted at Maccas all over the place. Couldn't the biggest food chain in the world take some initiative and set up some sort of program so perfectly good food isn't going to waste? At the very worst if they fuck up the order, can't they just give you the extra burger instead of throwing it in the bin?

Got me thinking of this little Masterchef Australia video they ran here to discourage wasting food -

This probably seems like to much to have thought about just as I was walking past a Maccas in the food court.. but I dunno, I got off on tangents sometimes :P It kind of killed my mood for the rest of the afternoon. Blurgh.

I just can't stand people wasting food. The worst is when I tell every restaurant I go to, "do not put salad on my plate it won't get eaten" and they still do every single time. Grrrr!

Okay, so today I was walking past the Maccas in the food court at the building where my work is. This dude was handed a burger on it's own, he asks "does it have pickles on it?" to which the staff says "oops, sorry I didn't know you didn't want pickles".. she apologises, tells the flippers to make one without pickles and throws the burger in the bin without so much as even checking it.

This really irked me, and I started wondering how much food is actually wasted at Maccas all over the place. Couldn't the biggest food chain in the world take some initiative and set up some sort of program so perfectly good food isn't going to waste? At the very worst if they fuck up the order, can't they just give you the extra burger instead of throwing it in the bin?

Got me thinking of this little Masterchef Australia video they ran here to discourage wasting food -

This probably seems like to much to have thought about just as I was walking past a Maccas in the food court.. but I dunno, I got off on tangents sometimes :P It kind of killed my mood for the rest of the afternoon. Blurgh.

I just can't stand people wasting food. The worst is when I tell every restaurant I go to, "do not put salad on my plate it won't get eaten" and they still do every single time. Grrrr!

This has always infuriated me as well. So many people in the world are starving, even in our rich part of the world, and yet so much perfectly good food is wasted because of strict rules at restaurants etc. I realise they have high standards for the food they serve their customers, and that's fine, but Jesus Christ, don't let the rest go to waste! A lot of food is even simply thrown out at the end of the day!