NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I never quite got the reasoning for a whole year. Perhaps two-four weeks as a precaution, but after that I would think the probability of it happening again would be the same as it was before you had the fit - I've looked and there seems to be no scientific reasoning behind that choice.

Not really a bad thing, more an annoyance. Been trying to figure out whether I want to accept the place I was offered on a Masters course and have resorted to a Pros and Cons list to try and help but I'm getting nowhere. The Pros are all long term prospects while the Cons are mainly short term issues (apart from things like added strain on some already shaky family relationships). Probably would help if I actually talked it out with my parents/someone to gain some perspective.

Argh.... why am I so shit at making decisions. I know I want to do the course but there are so many hurdles in the way. Need some alcohol. Perhaps I'll find the answer at the bottom of several bottles of whatever I can lay my hands on :nono:

He honestly sounds like he needs to learn some social skills.

He does... If he didn't have to work at least some of the time he'd be in bed/on the internet his entire existence. He's got a surprisingly nice personality when he drops the nasty abrasive thing he has going where he just has to hurt everyone around him. Was getting to the point where the nice part of him was disappearing more and more, so i'm not even upset. Think I've grieved the end of the relationship long before he decided to cut ties.

The company I work for is being sued by an SEO company as we owe them money, and also because the contract was different to the verbal agreement (10 months instead of 6). The latter point we can get out of (part of the contract said that if a change is agreed by both parties, it becomes part of the contract - they initially said yes when we tried to cancel before they realised it was 10 months).

I'm sure they can't win, but it's a massive hassle.

- It started by a lack of results, so we asked to stop it. They think the results are performing well. We went to another SEO company and they gave us actual facts and figures about SEO (they operate on a "no contract" basis so it's in their best interest to actually do the work).

- They found that the kind of back-links on our site is unethical, and we have been penalised by the latest Google Algorithm change for this (the current company refuses to accept this, even though we have facts).

- The addition of links was not done on a daily basis, over one period of time there was nothing for a whole month then 3000 in one day. On one site. Which Google sees as spammy.

- Further to this, these keywords are in irrelevant sites.

- When helping us choose keywords, they used "broad" results for monthly searches, and not the true figure ("exact" match), which is over 9000 searches different (something like 900%).

- There's something in the contract saying if their work isn't satisfactory, they'll have 30 days to improve. They haven't even tried to comply to this.

- There are some other things they missed.

- The last email we sent them with a big list of problems (with graphs and stuff) they simply ignores and said "you'll be hearing from our solicitors".

Here's the big thing:

- So far, they have refused to send us any proof of what they have done.

We've actually been advised that we should be able to sue them. I'm pretty sure the last point would stop any attempt for them to sue us....and I'm fairly sure if they did send us proof, said proof would also stop any attempt for them to sue is.

It's just a ton of unwanted hassle. In the last email we even offered to pay a portion of what they owe in order for them to drop it there and then.

Are you involved in price comparison stuff? I once did a small stint working for Intoscape Ltd in Stockport (well, Heaton Chapel), where I had to match products up (exact match, like for like, etc).

He does... If he didn't have to work at least some of the time he'd be in bed/on the internet his entire existence.

Why do you think I'm looking for a job?

My mother's wedding is on Tuesday and my nan is in hospital. Has been there since Saturday and they're now thinking it may be TB but still aren't sure. There's a chance she may be let out on Monday but we won't know until then.

Anyone know if they have WiFi in hospitals? Somehow I doubt it but trying to think of a fall-back plan.

Fell down half a flight of stairs today, bust my knees, foot, hand and my pride, oh and gave the cat one hell of a fright =P

@Ashley not a chance in hell, the nhs is on its knees and it can barely afford its own networking needs, let alone providing for anyone else

My laptop was making weird fan noises so I decided to take it apart so I could remove the dust. Was able to remove the inch layer that had formed but when I was putting it back together I broke the hinge. :(

My mother's wedding is on Tuesday and my nan is in hospital. Has been there since Saturday and they're now thinking it may be TB but still aren't sure. There's a chance she may be let out on Monday but we won't know until then.

Anyone know if they have WiFi in hospitals? Somehow I doubt it but trying to think of a fall-back plan.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HUAWEI-E560-MOBILE-3G-HSPA-PORTABLE-WIFI-WIRELESS-MODEM-HOTSPOT-ROUTER-UNLOCKED-/160733247560?pt=UK_Computing_Wireless_Routers&hash=item256c72b848

Portable wifi hotspot, one of my staff members have one. Apparently they're good for up to 3hours.

Cheers for the suggestion, doubt it can make it here from Hong Kong before Monday though!

I'm sure there are a few available in the UK if you look? I was genuinely thinking about getting one myself for the times on the metro when I'm desperate to check my email.

And the laptop has been fixed by my friend. FEAR NOT NE, for I may once again return to these forums on a regular basis.

Bloody bus company is messing me about. Because we dont have a bus through the village anymore (as ive mentioned in a previous rant) I have to book busses to get me to town. Ive got an appointment tomorrow so last week at the earliest they allow I booked a bus for 10am tomorrow. Went onto the site to remove the return journey from that and get a confirmation email saying my bus is now at 10:10am and will take an hour to get me to town (my appointment is at 11am, something I specified in my original booking)

I rang them up and just get a load of crap about how its my fault and I mis-read the confirmation email (which im looking at now and I didnt) and how there wasnt any earlier busses that could pick me up without making changes and because its first come first serve they werent allowed to try and change them for me, despite me having booked a week ago. Im now waiting for a manager to call me back to try and sort it out. If that cant be sorted then im gonna have to walk to the next village and get the hourly bus.

Why? What's wrong with it?

It needed more work than I had the skill/time/space for, so I sold it. I got a good price for it and it's going to a good home though, so it could be worse I suppose.

Plus the guy lives close to my local show ground, so I should see it regularly at car shows.

Gah, you beat my attempt to ninja edit - just seen your thread and was starting to read it!

You're destined to be all rich and stuff in a few years so you can buy it back/get your hired goons to blackmail it back.

Aw MAN, my first ebay sale has ended underwhelmingly.

i was selling a pair of Dylan Moran stand up comedy gig tickets because i can't go to the gig anymore (*cry*). There were ELEVEN people 'watching' the item, so i figured there would be a massive bid war, but when i came back to check after the item ended, only one of those people had placed a bid in the end, so they went for the minimum starting bid!

Ugh, don't know why so many people bothered to watch the item if they didn't even bother bidding in the end. I was hoping to watch a crazy bid war dammit!

Didn't even make half my money back that i paid for the tix now. :sad:

Edited by Pancake

So, last fiscal year I inadvertantly missed ym student loan payment details on my tax return so they had to reassess it. As such, they contacted me with all the details but said I didn't have to pay anything because I have also over paid at one point

Just got a letter demanding the money, saying I've owed it for a long time, threatening large fines if I don't pay it.

FFS