NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

My tax code is 810L too. It's the right code for a normal person. You get £8100 tax free per year.

Oddy, you get 7475 free a year. I am 100% sure on this. Scrap that, I'm talking about 11/12 year.

You get 8105 this year apparently so I guess it should go up to 810L!

It was the Investment Competition ceremony today, so the winners got their iPads. (The team consisting of people on approx £30,000 wages etc), but its fine. I am not bitter. It was a bit annoying to watch though, but fair play to them, nice guys for the most part. :)

Ugh. My friend at work's last day tomorrow (well Friday, but I am off on Friday) so its our last day together tomorrow. I hate.

Hmm, a bit wound up with stuff at work, and it's been annoying me for a while.

Basically, I teach a year 3 class and a friend teaches year 5. She's had a bit of a rough year as the class have lots of pastoral issues, so the headteacher decided to switch our classes over, so I teach year 5 next year and she teaches 3. Now, this bothers me for a few reasons:

1. I never had a formal meeting about this. She had a meeting with him, I didn't. The closest I had to this was a very informal chat with my head of department on sports day, where she casually talked about the idea of us switching, without really saying that it was going to happen or not.

2. I found out about the change only because I asked a week after our conversation. Nobody came up to me and told me I was changing.

3. They came to this decision just a few weeks before the end of the school year. Not months before, we're barely talking weeks. They handled this badly by sending a letter home to parents whilst I was out on a campout with my current class. I had no idea the letter had gone out until I came back to school and parents were questioning me about this.

4. I have had, to say the least, an excellent year. I have redone all of the planning for my year-group and made it exciting, different and fresh. The planning that was there beforehand was stale, uninformative and just downright poor. I have done all of this work, which I'm now going to have to redo again, for a totally different year group. It would have been nice to have a heads up about this change beforehand.

5. Nobody else is moving or changing year-groups. I can understand that a change is good for professional development, but nobody else is moving. Nobody else has redone their planning since I have been here. Nobody has tried anything new or aimed to do anything different.

What also bothers me is that months ago, I had ordered new furniture for my classroom. The room I have spent two years in is a listed room and certain things can't be touched. I can't put anything on the ceiling, I can't really touch the walls as there's a dark wood panelling that is basically the essence of the room. There's a massive desk, and two ugly cupboards that are currently in there. I planned to get rid of those and replace it with new fresh furniture, and a small workstation to add space to the room.

What annoys me about this is that we have done the room swap, my new furniture has arrived for that room and, of course, the room looks kinda like how I wanted it to be. So annoyed. What also pissed me off is that my friend moving into this room has a lot of stuff, and another friend at the school made a bit of a snotty comment about one of the cupboards I ordered, saying "How is all of her stuff going to fit in there?" I bit my tongue, but what I really wanted to say was "I ordered this MONTHS ago, for ME. Not either one of you. This furniture was for me, for my purposes, not yours."

I can imagine some of the comments people will make next term about how the room looks miles better than it did. Can definitely see me getting wound up and snapping at someone.

Another thing that pisses me off is that the room I have moved into is away from the rest of the junior school. It's in completely another section, not even in the main building where everyone else is.

So, yes. Fucked off, to say the least.

Edit: Long post is pretty fucking long.

That sounds sucky. I am sorry.

My friend has now left work. I think it will be very different without her and I imagine I will be somewhat in a depressive state at work for a short period.

Also I think my friend got beaten up last night but I cannot get hold of anyone to confirm.

Hmm, a bit wound up with stuff at work, and it's been annoying me for a while.

Basically, I teach a year 3 class and a friend teaches year 5. She's had a bit of a rough year as the class have lots of pastoral issues, so the headteacher decided to switch our classes over, so I teach year 5 next year and she teaches 3. Now, this bothers me for a few reasons:

1. I never had a formal meeting about this. She had a meeting with him, I didn't. The closest I had to this was a very informal chat with my head of department on sports day, where she casually talked about the idea of us switching, without really saying that it was going to happen or not.

2. I found out about the change only because I asked a week after our conversation. Nobody came up to me and told me I was changing.

3. They came to this decision just a few weeks before the end of the school year. Not months before, we're barely talking weeks. They handled this badly by sending a letter home to parents whilst I was out on a campout with my current class. I had no idea the letter had gone out until I came back to school and parents were questioning me about this.

4. I have had, to say the least, an excellent year. I have redone all of the planning for my year-group and made it exciting, different and fresh. The planning that was there beforehand was stale, uninformative and just downright poor. I have done all of this work, which I'm now going to have to redo again, for a totally different year group. It would have been nice to have a heads up about this change beforehand.

5. Nobody else is moving or changing year-groups. I can understand that a change is good for professional development, but nobody else is moving. Nobody else has redone their planning since I have been here. Nobody has tried anything new or aimed to do anything different.

What also bothers me is that months ago, I had ordered new furniture for my classroom. The room I have spent two years in is a listed room and certain things can't be touched. I can't put anything on the ceiling, I can't really touch the walls as there's a dark wood panelling that is basically the essence of the room. There's a massive desk, and two ugly cupboards that are currently in there. I planned to get rid of those and replace it with new fresh furniture, and a small workstation to add space to the room.

What annoys me about this is that we have done the room swap, my new furniture has arrived for that room and, of course, the room looks kinda like how I wanted it to be. So annoyed. What also pissed me off is that my friend moving into this room has a lot of stuff, and another friend at the school made a bit of a snotty comment about one of the cupboards I ordered, saying "How is all of her stuff going to fit in there?" I bit my tongue, but what I really wanted to say was "I ordered this MONTHS ago, for ME. Not either one of you. This furniture was for me, for my purposes, not yours."

I can imagine some of the comments people will make next term about how the room looks miles better than it did. Can definitely see me getting wound up and snapping at someone.

Another thing that pisses me off is that the room I have moved into is away from the rest of the junior school. It's in completely another section, not even in the main building where everyone else is.

So, yes. Fucked off, to say the least.

Edit: Long post is pretty fucking long.

Whenever I read about people having such issues at work, I'm always left pondering: Is there no way to complain about these things? No one to talk to and say: "Hey, just WTF?" I haven't really been in a proper, full-time job, so I honestly am clueless about the atmosphere. Are people just expected to put up with ridiculous and stupid decisions lest they get fired?

Also I think my friend got beaten up last night but I cannot get hold of anyone to confirm.

Whoa, what? Please keep us updated on this.

I lost my baby today. :'(

My condolences. :(

Whoa, what? Please keep us updated on this.

Just got back from his house. Luckily he is fine, but unfortunately it sounds like a horrible little ordeal he went through. He was crying and a bit shook up last night.

He helped my friends into a taxi (after I had left already) when some weird guy, mid-30s approached him, and gave him some kind of challenge. Unfortunately, my friend gets a bit arrogant when drunk (lolz) and so he started talking to this guy who led him down a weird alley bit. He then (I don't know the exact details) but he forced him into this little garden thing, and slammed the door on him, and locked him in. There was tall grass and massive walls, fences, metal fences, cables and sheds and stuff, all a bit weird, the guy then said that he had to get out. So he had to climb these 10 foot walls, and had to kick his way out of weak patch in a wooden fence. He escaped and called a friend who went back with him, and a voice came down from an electro box-flat type thing saying "Yeah you won't got back into that garden again will you?"

:/

Anyway, saw him, he has cuts, bruises and was filthy, ruined trousers etc, but he is okay. Him and his dad spoke to the police when he got home last night.

Weird.

Just got back from his house. Luckily he is fine, but unfortunately it sounds like a horrible little ordeal he went through. He was crying and a bit shook up last night.

He helped my friends into a taxi (after I had left already) when some weird guy, mid-30s approached him, and gave him some kind of challenge. Unfortunately, my friend gets a bit arrogant when drunk (lolz) and so he started talking to this guy who led him down a weird alley bit. He then (I don't know the exact details) but he forced him into this little garden thing, and slammed the door on him, and locked him in. There was tall grass and massive walls, fences, metal fences, cables and sheds and stuff, all a bit weird, the guy then said that he had to get out. So he had to climb these 10 foot walls, and had to kick his way out of weak patch in a wooden fence. He escaped and called a friend who went back with him, and a voice came down from an electro box-flat type thing saying "Yeah you won't got back into that garden again will you?"

:/

Anyway, saw him, he has cuts, bruises and was filthy, ruined trousers etc, but he is okay. Him and his dad spoke to the police when he got home last night.

Weird.

Whoa, weirdly reminiscent of Saw. Must've been quite a nasty experience. Hope he's all right and they catch the bastard.

...So I've just had a massive row with my mum and stormed out of the house. I'm not going back there. So now I'm homeless and after this week I'll be jobless.

Spectacular really.

Just wish I'd grabbed my bike lights, locks, helmet and my wallet before storming out. Oh well, at least I got my blue cycling cap...and my iPhone.

Can you not just nip back whilst she's at work/something to collect some of your stuff?

563064_376371782393304_1183145649_n.jpg

I lost my baby today. :'(

Poor you... it's a terrible thing.

Poor you... it's a terrible thing.

Thank you, we lost my other doggy a year ago this month, which is heart-breaking as we've had them since they were 16 weeks old. But we know she was old and she went in her sleep. I couldn't really ask for more than that.

Can you not just nip back whilst she's at work/something to collect some of your stuff?

Yeah, will work something out. I don't have my keys which makes things a tad trickier.

Yeah, will work something out. I don't have my keys which makes things a tad trickier.

You didn't take all those parkour lessons for nothing. Surely there's a fifth floor window that's always open a crack!

But seriously, if you ever need a place to crash.

Speaking of; the third room in our flat is going to become vacant again. The guy has got a job in Edinburgh and while I'm happy for him it'll be a shame to see them go/new people suck. Guess we gotta start looking for someone :(

Oh FFS!

I just deleted all the results I took yesterday. On purpose. What a twat i am.

Cock.

I've been up since 4, destroyed my phone's phonebook/entire customization doing a factory reset to fix a problem IT DIDNT EVEN FUCKING FIX, now have a cunting borked phone that I've not even had a year, am tired, went to work literally to talk to THE ONE PERSON WHO WASN'T IN TODAY and I'm quite tired and craggy and I still have to go out and actually I am hungry too.

Actually not that bad compared to most folks here, but it's been ages since I've genuinely had shit to be pissed off about. Add on the fact an appeal against a parking ticking RIGHT OUTSIDE MY OWN HOUSE has fallen flat but tbh I knew that would.

Blaaaaaaargh

Trapped. My placement university wants proof of my finances for the year. They want to see the equivalent of 1,200,000 yen of finances for my year and my student loan amounts to 800,000 , meaning I'm about £3000 out.

Although the job market has been rough and though I've applied numerous times, I admittedly haven't tried hard enough this summer and it's really biting me on the ass. Been asking around my friends to see if any one is able to transfer the amount over for a day so I can bump my bank balance temporarily, but understandably, none are able to offer assistance.

Does like, any one know of any reasonable one day loan services I can use? I really hate the thought of using them, but I feel that I've pretty much got no choice. Currently considering opening numerous student bank accounts and transferring the overdrafts to one account, back again and closing them but I think that idea has happened before and the banks have become very vigilant of it.

My 3ds kinda decided to not work. Neither screens. A search showed it "may" be the SD card so took it out and it turned on for a bit but no screen activity after. Have left it on charge all night in case I may have neglected to do so awhile back (although I'm sure it isn't the case.)

Whacked my head on the washing machine cupboard door earlier. Now I have a concussion. Ouch.

I found my front gum to be hurting, so checking the mirror I found the gum coming away from my teeth! Definitely going to get round to making that dentist appointment.

Not really bad, but just annoying. I can't stand morning radio talkshows, or these radio DJs who talk all the fucking time. Must have tried about a half a dozen different stations this morning whilst taking Ine to work before rage quitting on the way back. Seriously, why? It's all about the muuusic. I must have heard about a total of 4 songs spanning various different stations, none of them truly great anyway. Gah.

Might just have to make a mega-playlist for the car.