NEurope
tapedeck

bad stuff thread.

I think you both may have something known as 'Norovirus' as your symtoms sounds exactly the same as mine when I was ill over Christmas just over a year ago, if it is then I wish you both a speedy recovery as I was off work for about a week with it. :/

Yup, that's it. I didn't know the English word for it, but that's exactly what we figured it was. It seems there's a bit of an outbreak of it at the moment; both my parents had it just a week ago (my dad apparently still has a fever), and another member of our family in the other end of the country also just had it. I do seem to be over the worst, though, as I'm mostly just sore with a bit of fever today.

I think you both may have something known as 'Norovirus' as your symtoms sounds exactly the same as mine when I was ill over Christmas just over a year ago, if it is then I wish you both a speedy recovery as I was off work for about a week with it. :/

Seems to be a thing going around. My parents both had it last week, then yesterday I was woken up at four by an emergency call to the bathroom. Initially I thought it was just too much/bad pizza, but then I spent the next 11 hours in constant transit between the sofa and the bathroom while feeling absolutely dreadful. The rest of the day I was sore and had a fever, but today I'm mostly just knackered and have a sore throat. Complete waste of a good Saturday. :/ Though my parents did come to visit me and take care of me a bit, so that was nice. :heh:

Yeah, that makes sense. It seems to have come from my dad's workplace where Norovirus has had an outbreak recently.

I'm past the vomitting stage now. I just can't bring myself to eat anything at the moment. Am terrified of throwing up again, after that length of time where I was just throwing up.

I look like crap, burst capillaries in my face and all that :( So much for my boyish good looks

On the plus side, I've lost just under 8lbs since Thursday because of this. Woop!

Sounds like your round was much more than mine, and I easily found mine horrible enough. :(

Annoyingly, my mum and brother are completely over it while I'm still suffering :(

That really sucks. :(

Hey, I'm getting better; at least I'm capable of getting out of bed now, I wasn't on Friday and barely could yesterday.

I do keep retreating to bed though whenever my stomach starts feeling iffy

Aww guys <3.

I've been in bed pretty much all day, whatever my friend at work gave me, its not just a cold, nearly fell down the stairs earlier to get something to eat.

Hopefully it picks up, because I'm working 6-3am for the next two weeks..

I've been in bed pretty much all day, whatever my friend at work gave me, its not just a cold, nearly fell down the stairs earlier to get something to eat.

This probably says a lot about my mindset, but I read that imagining a ";)" at the end of every clause.

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

...sort of thing.

My Grandmother in the Philippines passed away this morning :(

She just celebrated her 90th birthday a few weeks ago, we all thought she'd last to see 100 :cry:

My mother was over there for her 90th birthday, she was due to return home tomorrow.... I suppose a slighest silverlining is that it happened before my own mother returned back to Ireland. At least she can stay there now for an extra few weeks for the funeral instead of returning home and then flying back

So sorry Mokong. These things are never easy and my best wishes to your family in this hard time

This probably says a lot about my mindset, but I read that imagining a ";)" at the end of every clause.

If%20you%20know%20what%20I%20mean..png

...sort of thing.

You're so weird..

Mokong, I am so sorry for the your loss.

Moving in 10 days so I've been doing more packing/throwing out stuff tonight. Though while I was doing it I started getting negative and nervous feelings, wondering if I'm making the right decision and if things will turn out okay and if I'll be able to go without my family. It's so bad it's giving me stomach cramps right now...

Not a good thing so close to moving. =(

Those thoughts and feelings are perfectly natural at this point. :) It's just anxiety triggered by thinking more about it - suddenly it's closer and more real. Once you've moved I'm certain it will be great. :)

We'll see I guess... I think the problem is just that I'll be leaving everyone and everything behind and that hurts. I'm pretty close to my (extended) family and I know I'll miss them. And my dog and cat. =(

Also just found a job opening for a graphic designer (not that I have any experience in that but still)... but I can't apply for it because it's just a bit too far away. Even with a car it would take an hour to get there, and I don't even have a car. Booooooooooh.

Sorry for your loss, Mokong :( The silver lining is a good one, my mum had to fly halfway across the world for a funeral before, I'm sure it doesn't help.

ARGH im in so much pain.... damn you ell you were right....

feel like ripping out these braces one by one :(